CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Barons Cambridge - formerly Elms (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14662)

DuncanR 06-06-2017 04:17 PM

Barons Cambridge - formerly Elms

Yeah yeah been a while. I know a lot of you use Bartletts and Garf, but having the BMW monthly warranty I still use main dealer. So, car stood a while, MOT ran out. Battery went flat as certek fooking packed up. Sent it to Baron Bedford to get serviced and clear faults, and they wont do the work under warranty now, unlike Elms Cambs did, due to my ...modifications, track use etc. Are any of you taking modified cars into Cambridge still ?

Apologies for not trying to beat Shimmys post count.:blalalala:

select 06-06-2017 04:58 PM

Which warranty work exactly Duncan?
I don't know how the BMW factory warranty works in the UK, but usually the warranty expires only for the modified parts. i.e. if you have a modified exhaust fitted, they still need to replace your radio under warranty if it failed.

But i guess BMW UK warranty doesn't allow any mods at all?

Trawler 06-06-2017 05:29 PM

Glad to hear you are alive & kicking

DuncanR 07-06-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by select (Post 200857)
Which warranty work exactly Duncan?
I don't know how the BMW factory warranty works in the UK, but usually the warranty expires only for the modified parts. i.e. if you have a modified exhaust fitted, they still need to replace your radio under warranty if it failed.

But i guess BMW UK warranty doesn't allow any mods at all?

Thats correct, in their T and C's it refers to ANY mods, which is unfair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trawler (Post 200858)
Glad to hear you are alive & kicking

Alive at least !

Bounce 07-06-2017 07:19 PM

Seems a lot are using Chandlers now Dunc,Pm Monkey off here who works there and doing a fine job apparently 😉

Yanto 07-06-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce (Post 200866)
Seems a lot are using Chandlers now Dunc,Pm Monkey off here who works there and doing a fine job apparently 😉

He'll get a nosebleed driving that far south :)

Bounce 07-06-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yanto (Post 200868)
He'll get a nosebleed driving that far south :)

:hahaha:

billyboysm3 08-06-2017 12:27 PM

I don't think your get any love off warranty now Dunc!!!

Go indépendant for anything and Id cancel the warranty.

Pip1968 09-06-2017 05:41 AM

I second that and would try Monkey. Chandlers or Monkey more specifically is brilliant and may be a little more flexible.

It is probably as usu us British being ragged over as the Germans seem to alright and I bet the Yanks are fine (not CSL obv.)

Good luck.

Pip

select 09-06-2017 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pip1968 (Post 200881)
It is probably as usu us British being ragged over as the Germans seem to alright and I bet the Yanks are fine (not CSL obv.)

Sadly you a very mistaken. BMW Germany gives you the :birdman: if your car is either above 8 years or 100k miles. No Warranty possible no matter the cost.