CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Insurance (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14074)

toenheel 21-04-2016 11:32 AM

Insurance

Morning all

My insurance is due on the 30th and I'm with classic line currently, the only issue is my no claims will expire after another years insurance any suggestions for other providers who will accept supersprint and Ap's with guaranteed value??

Phil

Bounce 21-04-2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toenheel (Post 194528)
Morning all

My insurance is due on the 30th and I'm with classic line currently, the only issue is my no claims will expire after another years insurance any suggestions for other providers who will accept supersprint and Ap's with guaranteed value??

Phil

How many years can your no claims not be used before they expire then ?

phoenixcsl 21-04-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce (Post 194530)
How many years can your no claims not be used before they expire then ?

Two years IIRC

toenheel 21-04-2016 02:45 PM

Yep 2 years, it is "held" against my classic line policy so need to check if this means it won't expire. Who is everyone else using?

Trawler 21-04-2016 05:42 PM

I'm confused. I thought no claims years went up with every year you have been a good boy/girl. Never heard of no claims bonus expiring.

toenheel 21-04-2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trawler (Post 194534)
I'm confused. I thought no claims years went up with every year you have been a good boy/girl. Never heard of no claims bonus expiring.

It's because classic line policy is a classic car insurance policy so they don't give you no claims. As no claims are valid for 2 years if I reinsure with them I run the risk of losing the no claims I've built up. I did ask for it to be held against the policy so need to check how long I can do this.

Trawler 21-04-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toenheel (Post 194535)
It's because classic line policy is a classic car insurance policy so they don't give you no claims. As no claims are valid for 2 years if I reinsure with them I run the risk of losing the no claims I've built up. I did ask for it to be held against the policy so need to check how long I can do this.

Thanks. I need to check this out as I'm with classic line and niaevely thought my no claims bonus just rolls on. Will ring them tomorrow.

Bounce 21-04-2016 07:51 PM

I'm with Classicline and knew they don't use no claims,but said they would hold it for me,didn't realise it would expire 😳

s.mac 21-04-2016 07:53 PM

They told me they held it as long as you are with them, you just don't get anymore years added on, ie it's held at what it is when you start with them.

Trawler 21-04-2016 08:09 PM

So when we change insurance company will classic line send proof of no claims?

I remember I had to send proof to them.