CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BMW Insured Warranty (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14001)

Chris-CSL 20-03-2016 02:17 PM

BMW Insured Warranty

Hi,

Who else out there still has BMW Insured Warranty on their Cars and if so have you had a nice letter from them in the last week about increases?

nothing much just want to see if this is a wide spread thing before going back to them.

cslsuperfan 20-03-2016 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris-CSL (Post 193742)
Hi,

Who else out there still has BMW Insured Warranty on their Cars and if so have you had a nice letter from them in the last week about increases?

nothing much just want to see if this is a wide spread thing before going back to them.

NO Chris it's just you getting the increase :hahaha:

George Osbourne has introduced a new tax on southerners ;);)

MarcM 21-03-2016 12:19 AM

Got a letter a few months back, mine has went up £2/3 per month.

Thanks to the Barnett formula my Scottish CSL's running costs are subsidised by English taxpayers :hahaha:

estoril 21-03-2016 08:41 AM

I still have warranty on mine, it actually went down this year but I suspect that was because it had lapsed previously.

outnumbered 21-03-2016 07:22 PM

I still have it on mine - I'll keep it up until the next BMW dealer service in the summer, to cover anything major that needs doing. After that I'll be stopping it and going elsewhere for servicing.

Equinox 21-03-2016 08:33 PM

I still pay for a warranty on a car thats done 10 miles in 18 months....no letters from then for ages for me.

Pooky 22-03-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outnumbered (Post 193768)
I still have it on mine - I'll keep it up until the next BMW dealer service in the summer, to cover anything major that needs doing. After that I'll be stopping it and going elsewhere for servicing.

You don't need a dealer service to maintain the warranty, just a VAT registered garage.

estoril 22-03-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooky (Post 193786)
You don't need a dealer service to maintain the warranty, just a VAT registered garage.

I thought that was only true for the manufacturer warranty, I thought that the Mondial one specifies that BMW must be used?

Pooky 22-03-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estoril (Post 193787)
I thought that was only true for the manufacturer warranty, I thought that the Mondial one specifies that BMW must be used?

If that was the case it isn't anymore, read it on here that you didn't need dealer anymore then phoned to check myself.

estoril 22-03-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooky (Post 193791)
If that was the case it isn't anymore, read it on here that you didn't need dealer anymore then phoned to check myself.

Good, I'm glad about that as my main dealer (service) seems pretty clueless on the CSL, the parts guys are great though!