CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Gallardo? (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10450)

Craig 20-05-2013 09:30 PM

Gallardo?

Anyone on here owned or driven one? What were your thoughts?

Trawler 20-05-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig (Post 145273)

Only been in passenger seat. Nice acceleration, but interior left me cold. Didn't make me lust after one. Maybe it needs to be driven.

Craig 20-05-2013 09:39 PM

This is what I wonder, looks and noise with an exhaust makes me lust after one... a passenger lap of the 'Ring disappointed me and gave me that "never meet your hero" feeling.

Just wondered are they special to drive, or pretty bland. Might book a driving experience day to sample one, the more I look into them the more I fear I'll be let down.

Maybe a 996 / 997 GT3 or a F355 / F360 may be more up my street for driving involvement and pleasure, only downside with the Italian stallion is unless it has the sports seats I find the F-cars have a poor seating position for me.

shane@mbtech 20-05-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig (Post 145278)
This is what I wonder, looks and noise with an exhaust makes me lust after one... a passenger lap of the 'Ring disappointed me and gave me that "never meet your hero" feeling.

Just wondered are they special to drive, or pretty bland. Might book a driving experience day to sample one, the more I look into them the more I fear I'll be let down.

Maybe a 996 / 997 GT3 or a F355 / F360 may be more up my street for driving involvement and pleasure, only downside with the Italian stallion is unless it has the sports seats I find the F-cars have a poor seating position for me.

Not driven one Craig, but I nearly bought one a few years ago. Running costs put me off all the exotics though.

Let me know your thoughts if you get one.

Eduardo 20-05-2013 10:02 PM

I drove one on track at Oulton with e-gear and felt ok. Felt very safe when it started raining in the afternoon. The inside felt quite solid more than the 360 and 430's

I drove on track a 360 and a 430 , good machines but i always felt on edge if a new noise was there.

Do drive them all before you take the plunge. Those cars are bought more from passion than reason i think :)

Eduardo.

mattCSLnut 20-05-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig (Post 145273)

Before buying my Cecil in 2009 I was seriously considering a basic Manual Gallardo Coupe as they were down to the all time lowest (mid to low £40K @ the time) and I actually went to view & test drive one with intention to buy. The V10 engine is an event, even @ idle :smt055... just turning it over gave me goose bumps. The interior was OK, very AUDIesk which is not a bad thing. It drove really well at normal road speeds and exceleration was immense :supz: but... and it's a big but... what really & truly put an end to my Lambo dream was the Servicing/repair bills the previous owner was subjected to :119: that were evident in the Service history file. Even the smallest of them was still in four figures :smt120 Could I have bought it @ the time , Yes... could I have afford to run it for say 6 months to scratch that Super Car itch ? maybe ... could I have afforded it's Servicing/ repair bills... simple answer was NO! Being a boring realist sometimes :wink: and Captain "Tight Wad" I forced myself to walk away :( If you can realistically stomach the HUGE bills associated with Supercars then I'd say GO FOR IT ! :thumbs: Scratch that itch but unless you have very deep pockets I don't see it as a long term proposition... oh and if you're thinking of Tracking, it forget it ... and aim for Fast Pork instead, which is designed for it :smokin:

Few weeks later I bought my Cecil and never looked back :thumbs: It just gets better every day :smt055 May it continue.

shane@mbtech 20-05-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattCSLnut (Post 145290)
Before buying my Cecil in 2009 I was seriously considering a basic Manual Gallardo Coupe as they were down to the all time lowest (mid to low £40K @ the time) and I actually went to view & test drive one with intention to buy. The V10 engine is an event, even @ idle :smt055... just turning it over gave me goose bumps. The interior was OK, very AUDIesk which is not a bad thing. It drove really well at normal road speeds and exceleration was immense :supz: but... and it's a big but... what really & truly put an end to my Lambo dream was the Servicing/repair bills the previous owner was subjected to :119: that were evident in the Service history file. Even the smallest of them was still in four figures :smt120 Could I have bought it @ the time , Yes... could I have afford to run it for say 6 months to scratch that Super Car itch ? maybe ... could I have afforded it's Servicing/ repair bills... simple answer was NO! Being a boring realist sometimes :wink: and Captain "Tight Wad" I forced myself to walk away :( If you can realistically stomach the HUGE bills associated with Supercars then I'd say GO FOR IT ! :thumbs: Scratch that itch but unless you have very deep pockets I don't see it as a long term proposition... oh and if you're thinking of Tracking, it forget it ... and aim for Fast Pork instead, which is designed for it :smokin:

Few weeks later I bought my Cecil and never looked back :thumbs: It just gets better every day :smt055 May it continue.

Exactly the reason why I didnt buy one Matt, Im simply not rich enough. :supz:

mattCSLnut 20-05-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawsy (Post 145292)
Exactly the reason why I didnt buy one Matt, Im simply not rich enough. :supz:

Join the club :( Seriously you should have seen the Service/Repair bills :119:on the one I saw and wanted to buy.
It was a 2004 MY car with 30 ish K miles on the clock (which "some say" is high mileage for one of these) 2 owners and Full Lambo History. It was priced @ £42 000 ONO and there was a potential for a good deal to be had (Depth of recession Part 1) but when I quickly added up all the invoices, they totalled in the region of the asking price of that car at which point I think I heard my wallet scream.

Yanto 20-05-2013 10:29 PM

I'd love a V10 and thought these looked the nuts when they came out but I don't think they've aged we'll. Version 1 of SL is a rare beast....was having a beer with an ex- owner the other day who exported his to Asia....think the UK numbers are teens or single digits now.

rstoughy 20-05-2013 10:40 PM

A mate of mine had one for a while.

He is a member on here - nigelonich
Fire him a PM and I'm sure he will happily share his experiences.
I'll let him know tomorrow about this thread.