CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Hi to new members (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1395)

Yanto 07-05-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teatowel (Post 143580)

Feel like a bit of a black sheep only having a standard M3 :clown:

Behave yourself - friendly bunch over here mate :smokin:

cslsuperfan 07-05-2013 09:08 PM

welcome teatowel to the forum!

the M3 is a fantastic car

E30 right through to the E92!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teatowel (Post 143559)
Hi all.

Long time lurker, first time poster, love the show etc :)

Lots of familiar faces here!

Be gentle with me - I don't have a CSL, just a standard E46 M3 (and an E36 for the track)!

shawn 968cs 12-06-2013 04:31 PM

Hi,
Just joined yesterday but have been lurking around this sire for a year or two on and off.
As of yet I am not a CSL owner at present but actively looking to rectify this over the next month or two, depending if I can find a a CSL with 50k miles or less, with full BMW service history.
Heres for hoping!

If anyone is aware of any CSL's for sale, it would be appreciated if you could drop me a mail.
I aware of the two at present for sale on pistonheads, both good cars I am sure, but unfortunately they didn't meet my expectations.

Past history of cars of any note
BMW e36 328 sport (this car hooked me on german cars)
Audi B5 RS4
BMW 530d sport tourer
BMW 535d Sport DMS in Ruby Black (best allround car to date)
Porsche 997 gen II C4S

Current Cars
Audi A7 Quattro S-Line Family Bus
Porsche 968 CS (since 2007, keeper as I have spent to much time and money to sell it now, 97k miles but looks like its done 7k)
BMW X5 4.0 M-Sport (wifes car)

Intention for the CSL is to be a keeper, and maintain its quality and use for occasional trackday, but mostly for fun and grin factor as I have always loved these cars:smt055

Hope to meet up with some of you at an event or track day over next year or so.

Rgds
Shawn

Neil M 12-06-2013 04:52 PM

Welcome Shawn,
When questing always check out 'Cars for Sale' and 'Interesting CSL Links' if it's out there and for sale, it usually ends up being posted in one of those categories.
Best of luck with the search, but that username has to go! :smokin:

Neil M 12-06-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teatowel (Post 143580)

Feel like a bit of a black sheep only having a standard M3 :clown:

Nothing wrong with having aspirations :thumbs:we all start somewhere!

DazBlackCSL 12-06-2013 05:01 PM

Welcome to the forum lads, enjoy the madhouse :beer:

shawn 968cs 12-06-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil M (Post 147495)
Welcome Shawn,
When questing always check out 'Cars for Sale' and 'Interesting CSL Links' if it's out there and for sale, it usually ends up being posted in one of those categories.
Best of lick with the search, but that username has to go! :smokin:

Thanks,
I have been looking there, it normally leads to the history of the car which certainly helps in my decision making.
Trouble is with changing my user name, doesnt keep continuity between the forums, trackday sites etc, work i'm on, and more importantly my brain cells cant cope with all the user names, passwords, pincodes i have at present:sad:
need to leave some cells in reserve for driving and a few other pleasures in life:hahaha:

CraigMillwardCroft 12-06-2013 05:21 PM

Welcome to the mad house :-D

Neil M 12-06-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn 968cs (Post 147498)
Thanks,
I have been looking there, it normally leads to the history of the car which certainly helps in my decision making.
Trouble is with changing my user name, doesnt keep continuity between the forums, trackday sites etc, work i'm on, and more importantly my brain cells cant cope with all the user names, passwords, pincodes i have at present:sad:
need to leave some cells in reserve for driving and a few other pleasures in life:hahaha:

Looks like the last 3 digits from the Vin of a CS :hahaha: within a BMW Context that is, not a good look for an aspiring CSL'er :whistle:
PS: Your stuck with it anyway, as it can only be changed by one of the 'Exalted' ones :supz:

glendog74 12-06-2013 10:06 PM

Welcome newbies :thumbs: