CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Here we go again.... (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12525)

John 08-09-2014 07:58 PM

Here we go again....

Hi all, I'm getting compulsive thoughts that I need to buy a CSL again, this time to keep! At the moment I have a budget of £30-31k to spend but may be able to dig a bit deeper and push the boat out if the right car came along.

What's everyones thoughts, I had SB last time so should I go Black this time? I don't mind if its slower :whistle: (colour obviously subjective but be interesting to get opinions)

Also thoughts on mileage, it's a second car so not to be driven much and kept good, say 2-3k a year. £32k seems to get something around 60k, but would it be worth £2k extra to get a 50k car or again finding £6k for one of Nick Johnson's cars around 25k-35k.

What about the Irish car Nick has for sale, is there any stigma attached to it with it not being a UK car? (assuming it being Irish means Irish Republic)

Heisenburg 08-09-2014 09:05 PM

Welcome back mate :thumbs:

Where it is from shouldn't really matter...condition and maintenance is what is important. I bought mine in Mayo and imported to the UK last year...a good low mileage, well-cared for example, best one I'd seen. Only problem I had is the roads...stone chip heaven :bigcry:

Paddy

shimmy 08-09-2014 10:08 PM

oh dear :hahaha:

Touring 09-09-2014 06:53 AM

I think NJ's Irish car had its running in service at around 2,000 miles. Personally I don't see this as a big issue provided the price reflects this.

AlexGTT 09-09-2014 10:57 AM

As long as it's not over 2000 miles it's no issue at all.

GarageQueen 09-09-2014 01:14 PM

I'm about to sell my car if you'd be interested, you can contact me via my profile

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 173227)
Hi all, I'm getting compulsive thoughts that I need to buy a CSL again, this time to keep! At the moment I have a budget of £30-31k to spend but may be able to dig a bit deeper and push the boat out if the right car came along.

What's everyones thoughts, I had SB last time so should I go Black this time? I don't mind if its slower :whistle: (colour obviously subjective but be interesting to get opinions)

Also thoughts on mileage, it's a second car so not to be driven much and kept good, say 2-3k a year. £32k seems to get something around 60k, but would it be worth £2k extra to get a 50k car or again finding £6k for one of Nick Johnson's cars around 25k-35k.

What about the Irish car Nick has for sale, is there any stigma attached to it with it not being a UK car? (assuming it being Irish means Irish Republic)

LeinsCSL 09-09-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 173227)

Why would there be a stigma? Many of the E30 M3s in the UK are ex-Germany or Italy and that doesn't seem to have affected prices. A good CSL is a good CSL period IMO

John 10-09-2014 05:21 PM

I'm from Northern Ireland and the border is less than an hour away, folk used to get cars over it all the time but the specs where always European specs rather than UK and never finished to the same standard.

Therefore I thought I'd ask the question in case due to UK legislation or some other EU regulation the cars where slightly different therefore perhaps not as attractive to UK drivers.

That was the rational behind the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenburg (Post 173236)
Welcome back mate :thumbs:

Where it is from shouldn't really matter...condition and maintenance is what is important. I bought mine in Mayo and imported to the UK last year...a good low mileage, well-cared for example, best one I'd seen. Only problem I had is the roads...stone chip heaven :bigcry:

Paddy

Heisenburg 10-09-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 173295)
I'm from Northern Ireland and the border is less than an hour away, folk used to get cars over it all the time but the specs where always European specs rather than UK and never finished to the same standard.

Therefore I thought I'd ask the question in case due to UK legislation or some other EU regulation the cars where slightly different therefore perhaps not as attractive to UK drivers.

That was the rational behind the question.

Ah. I guess I was trying to share my experience of buying an Irish CSL more than anything else.

Re: the specs, AFAIK only two CSLs were sold in Ireland from new, and both were UK specs anyways (mine being one of the two).

NJs car for sale...if it is the car I think it is...I believe this was Brian's (Cork area), aka Hankcharlie on here. Might be worth touching base with him for more info on the history.

Paddy

LeinsCSL 10-09-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenburg (Post 173300)
Ah. I guess I was trying to share my experience of buying an Irish CSL more than anything else.

Re: the specs, AFAIK only two CSLs were sold in Ireland from new, and both were UK specs anyways (mine being one of the two).

NJs car for sale...if it is the car I think it is...I believe this was Brian's (Cork area), aka Hankcharlie on here. Might be worth touching base with him for more info on the history.

Paddy

I gave Brian a shout about this on another forum Paddy, but he may be away. I've not seen his CSL myself, but his brother used to own my E34 M5 and they're proper car guys, so I suspect it's a good one