CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wanted (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Csl carbon fibre key ring (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9799)

s1csl 03-02-2013 06:36 AM

Csl carbon fibre key ring

This is a long shot im looking for the csl carbon fibre key ring in the box, NOT THE M ONE , so if anybody has a spare one or a lead to where one might be i would be very intrested, manythanks john

Neil M 03-02-2013 10:41 AM

Sorry to say John but you have more chance finding the Holy Grail than one of those. :supz:

I understand that they were only available when the cars were purchased new from the dealers, some were given to customers when they collected their cars as a token.

Some dealer sold them as an exclusive accessory, but from other bits I've come across they were supposed to have been issued in the same way the plaque was, one per car.

Very occasionally they come up on ebay, but I haven't seen one in years in the UK anyway, and they go for ridiculous money £250 (for a keyring?)

I've got pretty much everything: original order, sales invoice, press pack, launch photographs, sales brochures, Dealer 1:18 model, etc. but no keyring.
It's probably the sort of thing that a first owner might retain as a keepsake/memento, and not pass on.

I think 'Roland' has one, picture occasionally featured in random images.

Good luck with your search - I've given up looking.:thumbs:

s1csl 03-02-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil M (Post 134085)
Sorry to say John but you have more chance finding the Holy Grail than one of those. :supz:

I understand that they were only available when the cars were purchased new from the dealers, some were given to customers when the collected their cars as a token.

Some dealer sold them as an exclusive accessory, but from other bits I've come across they were supposed to have been issued in the same way the plaque was, one per car.

Very occasionally they come up on ebay, but I haven't seen one in years in the UK anyway, and they go for ridiculous money £250 (for a keyring?)

I've got pretty much everything: original order, sales invoice, press pack, launch photographs, sales brochures, Dealer 1:18 model, etc. but no keyring.
It's probably the sort of thing that a first owner might retain as a keepsake/memento, and not pass on.

I think 'Roland' has one, picture occasionally featured in random images.

Good luck with your search - I've given up looking.:thumbs:

I have been looking for 2years or more but i did manage to get this a few weeks ago

monkeycsl 03-02-2013 11:21 AM

I have one in its box I paid about £50 odd on eBay about 3 years ago I will sell though for enough to buy another csl :blalalala:
In all seriousness these are like hens teeth I have only seen the one on eBay when it was easy to search,you used to type in csl and get about 50 odd specific items now it's like 4000 odd.

alexk 03-02-2013 01:13 PM

Here is the keyring

http://www.clubcsl.com/CSL/blog/DSC07525.jpg

I am not selling mine :wink: waiting for the 2nd CSL.

Neil M 03-02-2013 02:36 PM

Yep, that's the fellow, lucky you :supz:

If I bought another Cesil it would mean that I would have to search for 2, so perhaps I wont bother :hahaha:
Being key-less obviously has its advantages, no need for obscure, NLA keyrings:thumbs:

Roland 03-02-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeycsl (Post 134095)
I have one in its box I paid about £50 odd on eBay about 3 years ago I will sell though for enough to buy another csl :blalalala:
In all seriousness these are like hens teeth I have only seen the one on eBay when it was easy to search,you used to type in csl and get about 50 odd specific items now it's like 4000 odd.

you are so right

chrisburns 03-02-2013 06:04 PM

Perhaps Munich could rattle some more up for our trip ? :thumbs:

mattCSLnut 03-02-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisburns (Post 134138)
Perhaps Munich could rattle some more up for our trip ? :thumbs:

That's a nice thought mate :thumbs: Would be rude not to :wink:
I'm sure they have some surplus one knocking about at the back of the cupboard in Munich HQ :whistle: Roland ???

sailorbaz 03-02-2013 08:07 PM

I remember seeing these on eBay a few years ago but never bothered buying one of course, now I'm raging. I have a very nice carbon fibre one with a wee round M badge on it.