CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   House and Home section (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   High Pressure Steam Cleaner (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5492)

sailorbaz 21-10-2010 10:02 PM

High Pressure Steam Cleaner

Evening Gents (and CSLGirl)

I've managed to get my hands on the above but it's not heating up as it should. It's been run on Red Diesel which I am guessing wouldn't have been doing any harm and it was brand new 3 years ago.

Any ideas on what it could be or anyone any links to any good forums? I tried a wee search on google there but to no avail. I hope it's not the coil, they seem to come in about £300!!

Will get her cracked open tomorrow for a good nosey about, it might be something really obvious, here's hoping anyway. :supz:

Cheers in advance,
Baz

DuncanR 22-10-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorbaz (Post 70268)
Evening Gents (and CSLGirl)

I've managed to get my hands on the above but it's not heating up as it should. It's been run on Red Diesel which I am guessing wouldn't have been doing any harm and it was brand new 3 years ago.

Any ideas on what it could be or anyone any links to any good forums? I tried a wee search on google there but to no avail. I hope it's not the coil, they seem to come in about £300!!

Will get her cracked open tomorrow for a good nosey about, it might be something really obvious, here's hoping anyway. :supz:

Cheers in advance,
Baz

Is it heating up at all Baz or just plain cold ? Any lights on? Diesel in it ?? Diesel filter blocked? switch in wrong position ? ha ha ! is it a Karcher ?

Bealo 22-10-2010 10:04 AM

The dreaded Karcher :banghead:

My little one gave up the ghost early on a few years ago now

sailorbaz 22-10-2010 10:20 AM

Duncan, it is a Karcher yeah.

HDS 550C to be exact. Looks like it could be a good bit of kit and handy for the winter. Not got it opened up yet for a good nosey, the boys are bringing it up on the back of the tractor this morning for me to get cracking with it.

Will check the above though.

Bealo, I thought Karcher were the Mutts Nutts of Pressure Washers? :'( I haven't paid anything for it right enough so not jumping up and down.

Bealo 22-10-2010 11:13 AM

Baz

Yours sound beefy enough but mine was a Halfords special lol. I'm sure you'll have it fixed soon enough :thumbs:

jeffers 10-01-2011 09:40 PM

Sorry - but had to ask, anyone else tired of the Steam Cleaner thread showing up? Who's got something new to post up?

glendog74 11-01-2011 09:41 AM

Bump. :clown:

AlexGTT 11-01-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glendog74 (Post 77579)
Bump. :clown:

:hahaha:

DuncanR 11-01-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffers (Post 77542)
Sorry - but had to ask, anyone else tired of the Steam Cleaner thread showing up? Who's got something new to post up?

Harsh !! :hahaha:

glendog74 21-01-2011 10:29 AM

Bump-a-doodle-do!

(Just for Yanto... :whistle: )