CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   CSL wheels original colour code.. (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6716)

Yanto 18-04-2011 06:47 PM

CSL wheels original colour code..

Chaps,

Went to Lepsons at the weekend to get my original set looked at / refurb price etc after the McDonalds drive through incident a while back.

Anyway, the chap there said they are currently sprayed a different colour to original....some other "silver" colour and not the "silver chrome" colour of the original..

Is this right ? Cant say I have ever noticed the difference in pics and parked alongside fellow owner cars. Not concerned about authenticity of the wheels as they have all the correct stamps, but I can only think they have been incorrectly sprayed the wrong colour on a previous refurb and the previous owner (s) not noticed...

So IS silver chrome the original colour ??

Yours confused....

Bounce 18-04-2011 07:43 PM

I also thought yours looked the same as all the others.;).Unless ours are all wrong.:hahaha:

M5 Powered 19-04-2011 12:00 PM

Hi Yanto,

The OEM wheels have a chromey almost blueish look to them. Some refurb places call it high power silver but nearly none carry the original paint / code as shown in the members area.

My pal's wheels (which are in the for sale section) have just gone to Rimfurbish (Team Dynamics) in Westbrom along with the OEM paint code. They have said they can match OEM and will apply the correct base primer so we shall see.

The one thing with Lepsons, while they are good, they tend to coat over existing finishes if the wheel isn't badly damaged, rather than taking it back to bare alloy. This also increases the tendency for the paint to chip off under flex (as happened with my old M5). They fixed it, but complete bastard sending one wheel to Swindon and it wasn't quite the same colour when it came back.

Best

Jonathan

Yanto 19-04-2011 08:35 PM

Thx J - good intel :thumbs:

azrael 20-04-2011 09:04 AM

I would use rimfurbish, proper job

azrael 20-04-2011 09:06 AM

See here http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...erfection.html

DuncanR 20-04-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M5 Powered (Post 88820)
Hi Yanto,

The OEM wheels have a chromey almost blueish look to them. Some refurb places call it high power silver but nearly none carry the original paint / code as shown in the members area.

My pal's wheels (which are in the for sale section) have just gone to Rimfurbish (Team Dynamics) in Westbrom along with the OEM paint code. They have said they can match OEM and will apply the correct base primer so we shall see.

The one thing with Lepsons, while they are good, they tend to coat over existing finishes if the wheel isn't badly damaged, rather than taking it back to bare alloy. This also increases the tendency for the paint to chip off under flex (as happened with my old M5). They fixed it, but complete bastard sending one wheel to Swindon and it wasn't quite the same colour when it came back.

Best

Jonathan

Silver bullet may step in here with his 2 pennuth, he had same experience with Lepsons and paint chipping off

redsportt 22-10-2013 09:47 PM

paint code

anyone got the correct paint code please?

Mark CSL 22-10-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yanto (Post 88750)
Chaps,

Went to Lepsons at the weekend to get my original set looked at / refurb price etc after the McDonalds drive through incident a while back.

Anyway, the chap there said they are currently sprayed a different colour to original....some other "silver" colour and not the "silver chrome" colour of the original..

Is this right ? Cant say I have ever noticed the difference in pics and parked alongside fellow owner cars. Not concerned about authenticity of the wheels as they have all the correct stamps, but I can only think they have been incorrectly sprayed the wrong colour on a previous refurb and the previous owner (s) not noticed...

So IS silver chrome the original colour ??

Yours confused....

Yanto this is the real paint they are done with its in the members only section dont post on any fourms please it took me 3 years to find out :-D

http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2066

Yanto 22-10-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark CSL (Post 155504)
Yanto this is the real paint they are done with its in the members only section dont post on any fourms please it took me 3 years to find out :-D

Mate - check the date of the OP !!!

Mark CSL 22-10-2013 11:41 PM

Well now you know LOL :banghead::banghead::banghead:

flamez 17-02-2015 06:26 PM

Can anyone send me the paint code please, I wanna touch up a few spots on my wheels

billyboysm3 17-02-2015 07:46 PM

This is the real paint they are done with its in the members only section dont post on any fourms please it took me 3 years to find out

Neil M 17-02-2015 08:13 PM

'Silver Chrome' is the nearest match to the OEM finish that you'll get from a refurbisher such as Lepsons, which isn't that bad a match.
If you start quoting paint codes be prepared for the price to increase substantially as it will probably be termed a 'Custom' finish. :whistle:

flamez 18-02-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil M (Post 179239)
'Silver Chrome' is the nearest match to the OEM finish that you'll get from a refurbisher such as Lepsons, which isn't that bad a match.
If you start quoting paint codes be prepared for the price to increase substantially as it will probably be termed a 'Custom' finish. :whistle:

I wanted to avoid a full refurb for now if possible and just touch up some spots with the paint. If I do go full refurb in future then i'll take a look at silver chrome but if its not too much extra might have to get 'Custom finish' lol. thanks :)

flamez 18-02-2015 09:52 PM

Ok so I went to BMW today to ask for the paint code as I cant view the thread and nobody here seems to wanna give it to me lol

they took my reg number and came back with a few different codes they showed me with german names but wasn't sure which one it was, so they said they would speak to their wheel refurb team and give me a call once they confirm the right colour.

Mark CSL 18-02-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamez (Post 179275)
Ok so I went to BMW today to ask for the paint code as I cant view the thread and nobody here seems to wanna give it to me lol

they took my reg number and came back with a few different codes they showed me with german names but wasn't sure which one it was, so they said they would speak to their wheel refurb team and give me a call once they confirm the right colour.

The paint code is in the members only section
you have to pay to become a member :thumbs:
it took me 3 years to get the right paint code for the CSL wheels
i dont want it all over the net :whistle:

flamez 19-02-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark CSL (Post 179278)
The paint code is in the members only section
you have to pay to become a member :thumbs:
it took me 3 years to get the right paint code for the CSL wheels
i dont want it all over the net :whistle:

ah right so thats why i cant view the thread. A PM would be nice though. Did you try BMW then?

LeinsCSL 19-02-2015 10:44 AM

@flamez, if you're a CSL owner why don't you become a member on here? It's pretty cheap and helps keep this valuable resource for all of us going.

flamez 20-02-2015 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeinsCSL (Post 179295)
@flamez, if you're a CSL owner why don't you become a member on here? It's pretty cheap and helps keep this valuable resource for all of us going.

yeah thats fine if its voluntary then i don't mind at all. thing is people forcing me to cough up for the info isn't cool. Especially as I managed to get the paint details very easily within a day of looking and also from bmw direct, they didnt want to charge me for the info either lol

Anyways after finding out the cost of the base coat alone, looks like I might as well forget the original paint and just get all wheels refurbed in the similar colour match :hahaha:

Marv968 21-02-2015 08:24 AM

Is it expensive to have them refurbished in OEM finish then?

2bar boost 22-02-2015 06:24 PM

Try Paint it Uk in Billericay Essex.

Just had my Golf wheels done in shadow chrome which is high power silver over black for £285.. Which includes full factory refurb, tyres rebalanced/valves etc

19"s will be a little more but also insured for 3yrs.

Ask for Ash

Neil M 23-02-2015 11:55 AM

Shadow Chrome is used by most refurbers using a Black base coat, however when my CSL is parked beside my Dads Mk.4 Anniversary, they look nothing like the colour on mine eg. Silver Chrome using a Grey base coat. :thumbs:

billyboysm3 23-02-2015 08:57 PM

Not even bmw Dealers use the correct paint.

cslsuperfan 23-02-2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboysm3 (Post 179474)
Not even bmw Dealers use the correct paint.

It's been known for Mobile Wheel refurb vans @ BMW dealers.

laurie738 05-10-2017 08:08 AM

Wheel OEM colour

Hi, I am a member but can't get to the link for the correct colour code for refurbing my CSL wheels. Could someone help, please?

jairrel 08-10-2017 06:20 PM

The colour code is A55. Not all paint suppliers have this.

Greetings.

Paulgreatheadcsl 01-11-2017 08:25 PM

Anymore info on this paint code? Grey base coat or black and if they haven't cot the code what's the closest colour?

Mark CSL 01-11-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jairrel (Post 201922)
The colour code is A55. Not all paint suppliers have this.

Greetings.

No its not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulgreatheadcsl (Post 202157)
Anymore info on this paint code? Grey base coat or black and if they haven't cot the code what's the closest colour?

The original base coat is black but if you are not using the original paint it wont matter.

Cant comment on what is best as i only did mine with the original paint.

R60BBA 13-06-2022 05:48 PM

Picking this up again but who would you guys recommend for refurbing Genuine BMW CSL wheels to the original BBS finish?

Alx 06-10-2022 11:33 AM

Hello,

I have been more active on the WhatsApp Group.

But I always continue to donate to the CSL Register.

It is important to keep this platform active.