CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Supersprint Centre Section (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3760)

J13NY S 28-02-2010 09:49 PM

Supersprint Centre Section

Hey boys, I appreciate this is a how long is a piece of string question but I’m contemplating a resonated Supersprint centre section.

Question is, in what way dose it change the note.

glendog74 28-02-2010 10:37 PM

It tends to eliminate much of the charecteristic M3 'rasp' iirc.

J13NY S 28-02-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glendog74 (Post 44643)
It tends to eliminate much of the charecteristic M3 'rasp' iirc.

Centre section alone, standard back box?

DaveD 03-03-2010 02:12 PM

I don't have a CSL, just a regular M3 (:)) but i'll give my input!

I recently put an Eisenmann Sport backbox on the car and when changing noticed the mid pipe had a bit of rust on it so ordered a resonated SS X-Pipe. I always loved the sound of the OEM exhaust, the Eisenmann made it that bit louder but not too loud if you get me.

When the X-Pipe went on i immediately noticed it had quitened the Eisenmann down, now its just a little louder than stock. The characteristic rasp is almost completely gone, can still hear it a bit but the X-Pipe seems to have had the biggest effect on it!

If you're a lover of the rasp the non-resonated X-Pipe is what you want!

glendog74 03-03-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveD (Post 44957)
When the X-Pipe went on i immediately noticed it had quitened the Eisenmann down, now its just a little louder than stock. The characteristic rasp is almost completely gone, can still hear it a bit but the X-Pipe seems to have had the biggest effect on it!

If you're a lover of the rasp the non-resonated X-Pipe is what you want!

That's what i found, albeit with a Milltek rather than SS. I went from standard CSL setup to full Milltek and it did away with the rasp completely as well as adding an annoying drone... :banghead:

I am am now back to standard CSL exhaust x-pipe with a SS race lightweight back box and it sounds very nice imho.

I have recently acquired a SS unresonated x-pipe which is ready to go on in the next few weeks hopefully, so will no doubt will report back on how that sounds :smt055

DazBlackCSL 03-03-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glendog74 (Post 44960)
That's what i found, albeit with a Milltek rather than SS. I went from standard CSL setup to full Milltek and it did away with the rasp completely as well as adding an annoying drone... :banghead:

I am am now back to standard CSL exhaust x-pipe with a SS race lightweight back box and it sounds very nice imho.

I have recently acquired a SS unresonated x-pipe which is ready to go on in the next few weeks hopefully, so will no doubt will report back on how that sounds :smt055

If its not on mine first :hahaha:

shimmy 03-03-2010 02:28 PM

im about to fit the SS race back box with BMW OEM exhaust x pipe (like Glendogs).

Dont think i want unresonated centres section but maybe SS resonated centre section if it makes any difference

glendog74 03-03-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DazBlackCSL (Post 44961)
If its not on mine first :hahaha:

Keep yer 'ands off Humphrey! :moan: :smt075

DazBlackCSL 03-03-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glendog74 (Post 44965)
Keep yer 'ands off Humphrey! :moan: :smt075

Soooo tempting as it looks at me every time I walk into the shed !! lol

Especially as my bloody exhaust is now blowing in the mid section :whistle:

glendog74 03-03-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DazBlackCSL (Post 44966)
Especially as my bloody exhaust is now blowing in the mid section :whistle:

Take it back to Thorney... :whistle: