CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   So who has the most highly modified CSL? (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9933)

Mike R 28-02-2013 02:07 PM

So who has the most highly modified CSL?

Please point me in their direction, as I'd like to have a chat with them about what they have done and what they think to how it has improved the car :).

Alternatively if there is a build thread, then please link me up ;).

To put your mind at ease, I forgot to say, I know Bealo and rstoughy (however, please don't hold that against me ;)).

shimmy 28-02-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird (Post 136510)
Please point me in their direction, as I'd like to have a chat with them about what they have done and what they think to how it has improved the car :).

Alternatively if there is a build thread, then please link me up ;).

To put your mind at ease, I forgot to say, I know Bealo and rstoughy (however, please don't hold that against me ;)).

Mike, thats almost impossible to do

Road going version i presume?

_Nathan_ 28-02-2013 07:19 PM

Given the current state of my car I'm not sure if it is really a CSL any more, it has a CSL vin and roof panel if that helps?

rstoughy 28-02-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird (Post 136510)

:blalalala: :hahaha:

Neil M 28-02-2013 08:39 PM

If your not familiar you should check out: 'Loaded' http://loaded.se/the-car/
A CSL which is in a continuous state of flux and metamorphoses, what's done today will be changed tomorrow. Objective to better his 'Ring' lap time of 7.22 (standard spec 7.50):thumbs:

Mike R 28-02-2013 10:12 PM

I'm talking UK cars and performance mods for track day / 'ring use (and driving to and from these events).

I already have a dedicated track car and an E90 M3, I want something that sits between the two :).

However, a standard CSL is just painfully slow, so wanted to know how far you could go without forced induction (and not theoretically or anecdotal comments, but real world experience of the kind of mods listed by the likes of Thorney et al).

shimmy 28-02-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird (Post 136552)
I'm talking UK cars and performance mods for track day / 'ring use (and driving to and from these events).

I already have a dedicated track car and an E90 M3, I want something that sits between the two :).

However, a standard CSL is just painfully slow, so wanted to know how far you could go without forced induction (and not theoretically or anecdotal comments, but real world experience of the kind of mods listed by the likes of Thorney et al).

most stop with 9-9.5" rims all round, Cups, Suspension coilovers and AP brakes. Do this and then worry about your driving. I can honestly say i have improved my car by 2 secs a lap and me by 6 secs a lap since starting.

If you stick a charger on it you will regret it

AND HOW DARE YOU SAY THEY ARE PAINFULLY SLOW:moan::-D

Mike R 28-02-2013 10:40 PM

As stated, I'm also not interest in forced induction, but was wanting to speak to someone who had gone down the engine tuning route (cams, porting, headers and full system combined with a remap).

As with any M car being used on track, upgrading the brakes is a given and suspension and geometry changes I know gives good improvements.

My own track car is bored and stroked (but with reduced compression height pistons and longer rods, so that it retains the OE rod angle and loses nothing in torque or rev range), but you CSL boys seem to be scared of anything like this :gayfight: ;). Surely someone has gone nuts on the engine tuning?

_Nathan_ 28-02-2013 10:52 PM

Have plenty of customers that have proper engines, for road car I am not sure I'd bother.

Mike R 28-02-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Nathan_ (Post 136556)
Have plenty of customers that have proper engines, for road car I am not sure I'd bother.

Define a "proper" engine?