CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   CSL Value threads (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Cars not selling (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14757)

Cosworth50 18-09-2017 11:28 PM

Cars not selling

Hi folks please don't flame me for offering an opinion but there is a boat load of csls for sale on here and on pistonheads - both in the csl section and ordinary m3 section

The cars don't seem to be selling at all and they're hanging around

Personally I feel these rose too quickly in value too soon and hence the sellers aren't realistic re their valuations

Anyway my point is do we think sellers are going to start realising this and dropping asking prices?

Chad 19-09-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosworth50 (Post 201728)
Hi folks please don't flame me for offering an opinion but there is a boat load of csls for sale on here and on pistonheads - both in the csl section and ordinary m3 section

The cars don't seem to be selling at all and they're hanging around

Personally I feel these rose too quickly in value too soon and hence the sellers aren't realistic re their valuations

Anyway my point is do we think sellers are going to start realising this and dropping asking prices?

Yep way to many for sale! but I wouldn't drop the price if selling, the csl is way above standard m3 it just doesn't compare, in my opinion bmw doesn't offer anything on the same level as csl at the moment, newer models totally boring. anybody that likes the e46 m3 , then trying a csl would want one and will pay for the best example.

ZKMI 19-09-2017 07:41 PM

Buyers are just holding onto their money a tad longer during this period.

Mint standard E46 m3/CS can sell for 25-30k so there will always be that £15k> gap between those and the lowest priced CSL as it's a much better, rarer car with the parts from bmw costing ££££

So much choice on the market at the moment with all the M cars but there is nothing else that gives you that raw special feeling (until you drive it!) :smokin:

Since owning mine I've already had three random offers on it..but unfortunately it's reserved for my son (when the time is right!):supz:

Gazza 21-09-2017 08:56 PM

I took mine off sale although it was realistically priced (sub £40K), I had the feeling all the higher priced cars were giving the impression my was sub standard and not worth looking at.

It does appear that the higher asking prices have caused a flood of cars being advertised.

Nico 10-10-2018 12:53 PM

I sold mine to a dealer last March (ish) for £XK. they drove it back and put it up for sale for £(X+8 )K

last time I looked, (about 1 month ago) they still had it for sale for £(X-2)K.

in my view they were too greedy at the time and should've punted it for £(X+4)K Max with a warranty.

It was a very very good car, but I think I timed the absolute zenith of the CSL market at the time....

Nico 10-10-2018 03:02 PM

Update: They still have the car for sale...

Trawler 10-10-2018 07:18 PM

The only time I'm going to worry about its value is when I am not able to drive anymore.
When I bought it I expected it to depreciate. Increasing in value is an unexpected bonus. Nice feeling, but who knows what the future holds

nw99 10-10-2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 204119)
Update: They still have the car for sale...

Did it have sub 30,000 miles on it ?

Nico 11-10-2018 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nw99 (Post 204124)
Did it have sub 30,000 miles on it ?

No; mid 60's...

rstoughy 11-10-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trawler (Post 204122)
The only time I'm going to worry about its value is when I am not able to drive anymore.
When I bought it I expected it to depreciate. Increasing in value is an unexpected bonus. Nice feeling, but who knows what the future holds

This is true,
I bought a CSL because i wanted a car i could throw some wheels in the back of and drive to and from track days. The fact its gone up in value is a bonus. HOWEVER......I sold a bloody 22b to buy it, look at the value of those now :banghead: :bigcry: :hahaha: had more fun with the CSL than id have had with the Subaru though :smokin: