CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Exciting carbon news! (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13803)

Mike R 23-11-2015 09:26 AM

Exciting carbon news!

Given my car is off the road waiting for the cams from BMW (a wait which has been on-going since the end of July :banghead: ), I thought I would take the opportunity to get my guy to do some more carbon bits, so the Vorsteiner front splitter is going to be replicated (but in proper 1 x 1 pre-preg carbon and not the shonky carbon skin over glass fibre mix that is the Vorsteiner item). He also has the strut brace as a feasibility study - not sure if that would be a bit OTT - what are people's views?

But look what also fits in the Autoclave :supz: :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/07...psw8fako0y.jpg

So the plan will be to take a mold of that as well and we will then have the ability to produce EXACT replicas (indistinguishable from the BMW items) of the bumper for considerably less than BMW charge. I appreciate that these are not likely to be required just yet, but if the bumpers go the same way as the roof, then at least the mold will be ready and waiting :).

In addition, the rear centre consoles go in to production this week :). These are going to be complete replacement items for the OE items (not covers), will not require any exchange and will allow you to keep your original one (if it hasn't yet cracked :bigcry: ) in pristine condition, as these are now £1,025 from BMW :smt103 . Being full carbon (NOT carbon skin over glass-fibre), not only are they stronger anyway, but they will be additionally reinforced around the area where the OE plastic ones usually crack, to ensure that the carbon ones can allow the use of the folding seat arrangement without damaging them. All you will have to do is swap over the trim pieces (which are still available new from BMW separately from the plastic console if your ones are manky, but the plastic console is not available without the trim pieces - go figure :bigcry: ). For anyone concerned, we have a genuine front centre console that is being used to ensure that the curing process gives the exact same finish as the OE ones and match in every regard (as will be evidenced by the photos).

The price will be £495 + £10 delivery (within the UK) for the first 10. Again, these will only be available to forum members and £10 from the sale of each one will go to help running the site :). As soon as the first one is done, I will of course post up pictures. However, they will be of similar quality to the flippers (as in better than OE ones).

Chappers 23-11-2015 12:23 PM

put me down for a rear centre console please

1. Chappers

Bounce 23-11-2015 01:00 PM

Might be interested in a rear console ;)

Marv968 23-11-2015 03:26 PM

put me down for a rear centre console please

1. Chappers
2. Marv

s.mac 23-11-2015 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A bit off topic and I have emailed our resident carbon guy....
I've got a knackered plastic dash from a Clio cup. Looking for a fibre glass or carbon copy getting made up as a replacement. Is it something your guy can do? If so what sort of money?

It's just a thin plastic trim, i would like it with no pod opening.
Usual upside down photo...

cslsuperfan 23-11-2015 08:23 PM

CSL Front bumper

Mike

would be interested in the vorsteiner nose :smokin:

Mike R 24-11-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s.mac (Post 190977)
A bit off topic and I have emailed our resident carbon guy....
I've got a knackered plastic dash from a Clio cup. Looking for a fibre glass or carbon copy getting made up as a replacement. Is it something your guy can do? If so what sort of money?

It's just a thin plastic trim, i would like it with no pod opening.
Usual upside down photo...

Everything can be done - but obviously it is whether or not if it is economically viable. I've asked the question, but I don't think he has time to do one offs.

Mike R 24-11-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslsuperfan (Post 190981)
Mike

would be interested in the vorsteiner nose :smokin:

No probs :).

Clubber 24-11-2015 08:56 AM

I would be interested in a trim set if it is an EXACT match to OEM radio cover and centre console.

Mike R 24-11-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clubber (Post 190993)
I would be interested in a trim set if it is an EXACT match to OEM radio cover and centre console.

Not something we intend to do at the moment.

Really want to just do CSL specific items to an OE equivalent or better standard.

Might come at a later date (if the demand is there), but not in the immediate future.

The things that are being done / have been done are:

1. Flippers (available).
2. Rear centre console (imminent).
3. Strut brace (before end of year).
4. Vorsteiner front lip (before end of year).
5. Front bumper (next year).