CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Team Schirmer wins the June 2010 RCN race at the Nurburgring (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4735)

Steve Gill 26-06-2010 06:34 PM

Team Schirmer wins the June 2010 RCN race at the Nurburgring

Just had confirmation from Tom Schirmer that Michael Funke, driving my CSL has won the race overall :thumbs:

We beat the Alzen porsche who was 2nd, and set a new lap record for the RS6 class of 7 minutes 31 seconds.

Video and pics to follow... :beer:

shimmy 26-06-2010 06:43 PM

Not sure what the series is Steve but nonetheless sounds like a good win. I presume it us full Nords laps in which case car seems to be running very well.

What is the race duration?

glendog74 26-06-2010 07:05 PM

Nice one Steve - congrats to the team :thumbs:

Steve Gill 26-06-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 59130)
Not sure what the series is Steve but nonetheless sounds like a good win. I presume it us full Nords laps in which case car seems to be running very well.

What is the race duration?

Its a 2.5 hour race on the Nordschleife only, but its complicated - your second lap (I think) is stored as your base time and on certain laps over the 2.5 hour period you get points for getting within 5 seconds of your base time. The overall result is based not just on who crosses the line first, but also the consistency of those laps. Complicated, but cool :hahaha:

We crossed the line first and got the points for consistency, thereby beating the Alzen Porsche who is a regular top 3 finisher in the VLN and 24 hour :supz:

sailorbaz 26-06-2010 09:03 PM

Well done Steve and Team Schirmer! Good result mate. Seems like a VERY long time ago you 1st bought that CSL, mental!

shimmy 26-06-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorbaz (Post 59137)
Well done Steve and Team Schirmer! Good result mate. Seems like a VERY long time ago you 1st bought that CSL, mental!

Different car!!!

sailorbaz 26-06-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorbaz (Post 59137)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 59138)
Different car!!!

Funny, after I posted that I was looking and thinking, "Hang on, that's a left hooker" :banghead:

Where's the white one these days then?

shimmy 26-06-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorbaz (Post 59139)
Funny, after I posted that I was looking and thinking, "Hang on, that's a left hooker" :banghead:

Where's the white one these days then?

Iirc steve stripped it (well Tom did) and built the race car from z new shell and some of the CSL bits :bigcry:

mattCSLnut 26-06-2010 10:21 PM

FANTASTIC win Steve... Congrats to all @ Team Schirmer :beer: 7 min. 31 seconds around Nordschleif :thumbs: that's commitment :supz:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Gill (Post 59129)
Just had confirmation from Tom Schirmer that Michael Funke, driving my CSL has won the race overall :thumbs:

We beat the Alzen porsche who was 2nd, and set a new lap record for the RS6 class of 7 minutes 31 seconds.

Video and pics to follow... :beer:

Bounce 27-06-2010 08:07 AM

Thats a good win.:thumbs::thumbs: