CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Performance Friction Pads!! (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2949)

APSCSL22 29-10-2009 02:36 PM

Performance Friction Pads!!

was at silverstone yesterday goldtrack day, the car was amazing as always and also the weather was outstanding, had my new performanace friction pads on (standard discs) and they did the job with ease, they are also cheaper than the pagid's. so if anyone was wondering how they are>?? They are worth buying after your pagid's wear out lol.

next upgrade is the Performance Friction Discs and Calipers All round !!!!!

ready for next season :thumbs:

fresh orange did the photography @ the track yesterday and have lots of very good pics of all the cars that were there yesterday if ya fancy a look at them.
www.fresh-orange.co.uk

many thanks to everyone who came down to us , had a great day.
also thanks to Faz for the evening meal @ bombay club - Hartshill - Stoke on Trent
www.bombayclub.co.uk

mattCSLnut 29-10-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APSCSL22 (Post 34025)
was at silverstone yesterday goldtrack day, the car was amazing as always and also the weather was outstanding, had my new performanace friction pads on (standard discs) and they did the job with ease, they are also cheaper than the pagid's. so if anyone was wondering how they are>?? They are worth buying after your pagid's wear out lol.

next upgrade is the Performance Friction Discs and Calipers All round !!!!!

ready for next season :thumbs:

fresh orange did the photography @ the track yesterday and have lots of very good pics of all the cars that were there yesterday if ya fancy a look at them.
www.fresh-orange.co.uk

many thanks to everyone who came down to us , had a great day.
also thanks to Faz for the evening meal @ bombay club - Hartshill - Stoke on Trent
www.bombayclub.co.uk

I have these on my CSL too with Stock callipers and I was wondering what they are like when used in anger :smt093. HAPPY to hear they work well on the Track as they seem V.good on Fast Roads :thumbs: At £54 + VAT they are cheeper then the EDC Green Stuff pads on my E39 Touring :bigcry:

APSCSL22 30-10-2009 09:42 AM

yes these pads coped with everything including stowe corner which is after hangar straight braking from 145MPH to 60 and they were brill.

_Nathan_ 30-10-2009 10:50 AM

£54? not for PF01 surely?

Hypnotic 03-11-2009 11:44 PM

68.50 + at Simpsons

mattCSLnut 03-11-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Nathan_ (Post 34082)
£54? not for PF01 surely?

PF Z Track Day front pad set E46 M3 & CSL, part number: 0394.11 @ £54 + 15% VAT from C0-ordSport Ltd/PartBox Express www.part-box.co.uk as written on the invoice dated 23 Sep 2008.

_Nathan_ 04-11-2009 07:48 AM

Not the proper compound then ;) I'm lead to believe that PF01 is the one to go for.

mattCSLnut 04-11-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Nathan_ (Post 34557)
Not the proper compound then ;) I'm lead to believe that PF01 is the one to go for.

So who's leading you to believe that then ? :hahaha: Any thoughts on EBC GREEN or RED stuff pads for the standard CSL caliper/disc set up ? :whistle:

_Nathan_ 04-11-2009 09:30 AM

All the people that track it along with of course me old mate Fuchs :)

I wouldn't put EBC pads on a pushbike let alone a moderately fast yet heavy car.

shimmy 04-11-2009 10:41 AM

I've seen PF Z fall apart on a trackday so be wary. PF01 are comparable to RS29. Last me about 4 trackdays per set at £200 so if PF Z work at £60 that's a great find but my gut feeling without trying to be patronising is that they will not cope with the heat and either disintegrate or wear at a very fast rate.

But worth keeping an eye out to check their progress!