CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Goodwood (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14691)

Chad 03-07-2017 05:31 PM

Goodwood

Hi guys had a run out in csl, about 600 mile round trip to goodwood Saturday, ,couldn't believe didn't see another csl, even on them great roads you guys have down there, only spotted one other e46 m3 in super car parking, must all be up for sale:blalalala:

CraigMillwardCroft 03-07-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 201106)
Hi guys had a run out in csl, about 600 mile round trip to goodwood ,couldn't believe didn't see another csl, even on them great roads you guys have down there, only spotted one other m3,in super car parking, must all be up for sale:blalalala:

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Trawler 03-07-2017 07:38 PM

I'll be there in September & planning to do a track day in October.

ChagaC 03-07-2017 09:57 PM

I was down the south coast with work during the week so I called into Goodwood on Thursday courtesy of one of the hill climb competitors. This was my first time and wont be my last as it was a great day out, despite the 8hr drive back to Leeds afterwards!

Next year I will stay down and do the weekend. The new car stands where impressive but I love the older stuff.

Trawler 03-07-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChagaC (Post 201113)
I was down the south coast with work during the week so I called into Goodwood on Thursday courtesy of one of the hill climb competitors. This was my first time and wont be my last as it was a great day out, despite the 8hr drive back to Leeds afterwards!

Next year I will stay down and do the weekend. The new car stands where impressive but I love the older stuff.

If you like old go to the Revival, or members meeting. Both great events. The funny thing is the Mrs is more keen than me :thumbs:

NBTBRV8 04-07-2017 09:59 AM

I haven't been to the FOS, but the Revival is mind blowing. Such a great atmosphere, more so than FOS from what I could see on the live stream?

sp2c 18-07-2017 05:00 PM

Went to both FoS & Revival last year.
Really enjoyed both, but they are very different so wouldn't say one was better than the other.
Revival focuses on mid 60's cars & earlier, which I know nothing about, but really liked looking at the cars in the Paddock & watching them race. The period theatre of the event with attendees in costume creates a unique atmosphere. There are old planes to look at as well!
FoS on the other hand is more about speed trials, modern era/new cars, concourse display....which I pretend to know much more about, but many would disagree!
Anyway we're returning to Revival this year, as it feels so different to other events.
What does everyone else think???