CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   CSL Cup Drivers Forum (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   CSL Cup 2010 - Brands Race 2 - Car 11 (Team Schirmer) (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5053)

Steve Gill 17-08-2010 06:59 AM

CSL Cup 2010 - Brands Race 2 - Car 11 (Team Schirmer)

Hi Folks

Here is the in car video from my race last weekend. As some are aware, Andy Walsh did race 1, and I did race 2. As the grid for race 2 is the finishing positions from race 1, and I hadn't completed race 1, I started from the back of the grid, in 15th place. This suited me well as there is less pressure, so I felt a lot more relaxed than I normally do on a grid start!

I really enjoyed this race, battling with Russ and Hazy mainly with some nice close racing. I do notice from the video that when under pressure (e.g. from Russ) my lines seem to goto pot, meaning my exit speed is crap allowing people past. I must work on that!!

Apologies in advance for the hand gestures towards Hazy, at the time I felt he was closing the door meaning I either lifted, or clipped his rear quarter as he drifted into my path closing the door, and as I didn't want a repeat of what Nick Foster did to me in race 3 at Snett (car goes sideways) I didn't fancy sending Adam into a spin into the pit wall!!! Maybe I judged it wrong, I'm not sure, but that was what was going through my head so I backed off. I need to learn to stop being nice to mates on the track!!! :hahaha:

A cheeky last minute overtake on the last lap gave me 3rd in class, 6th overall, which should have really been Russ's place, but I was taking advantage of Russ's red mist with Thorney :whistle:

The most enjoyable race I've had since the beginning of the CSL Cup, with some close racing. Great fun though!!

Video here

Dan 17-08-2010 08:13 AM

Good video Steve, great to get 3rd in Class from the back of the grid mate! :thumbs:

Hazy 17-08-2010 09:32 AM

sorry Steve!:hahaha:

I was going well until the gearbox started to play up, it was either crunching heavily into 4th or getting stuck in fourth, I had no idea how long was left so I was concentrating on defending knowing I wouldnt make up any more positions. Anyways I'm just a rookie here, whats racecraft anyways ;)

Back in Parc Ferme it wouldnt select a gear at all, one of Thorneys guys towed me back! Manual box going in as we speak!

Overall I was pretty pleased with Tango I, its finally capable of running closer to the leading pack, I think up to the safety car I had gone from 12th to 6th/7th overall, 3nd in class before my gearbox hindered me! Bit more to do to challenge Russ' monster :hahaha:

mattCSLnut 18-08-2010 01:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Some pix for you guys of Team Schirmer E46 + their E90 S54 engined 4 door "Beast" :smt096 that was in a lonely race of it's own, up front :thumbs: Nearly caught up with the second Team Schirmer car, at one stage :supz:
I have to say I was very impressed with the build quality of both Team Schirmer cars :drool: :thumbs:
... and I LOVE Air Jacks :smt055 I wish I had some ;)

Dan 18-08-2010 01:54 PM

How come the number 69 car was so far ahead? :smokin:

mattCSLnut 18-08-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 63498)
How come the number 69 car was so far ahead? :smokin:

I asked that question myself on the day :smt017 still no idea mate :smt017

Steve Gill 18-08-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattCSLnut (Post 63499)
I asked that question myself on the day :smt017 still no idea mate :smt017

Its a modified S54 engine, in an e90 shell. Very light, and extremely well driven. Its setup beautifully as well :thumbs:

Dan 18-08-2010 02:57 PM

There we go then! :hahaha: Cheers Steve :thumbs:

mattCSLnut 18-08-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Gill (Post 63502)
Its a modified S54 engine, in an e90 shell. Very light, and extremely well driven. Its setup beautifully as well :thumbs:

Monster :supz: I like the blanking plate on that S54 engine where the Vanos should been :thumbs:
How light is very light Steve ?

AlexGTT 18-08-2010 07:42 PM

Brilliant video Steve. Made up some good spots when you got settled down. Flippin love that gearbox mate.:smt055 In fact just plain love everything about that car.:smokin: Must be stunning to drive.