CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Camber arms (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14918)

RSJP 24-04-2018 09:42 AM

Camber arms

Hi there
I know its a long shot but im after a pair of genuine csl camber arms my csl has got the turner ones fitted i would like to get some genuine ones back on it if anybody has a pair or knows somebody thats got some for sale
Jp

M5 Powered 24-04-2018 08:25 PM

Yep. PM me. I will forward details of someone with the last batch of genuine m3 csl ones.

Kindest J.

TimCSL 28-04-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSJP (Post 203277)
Hi there
I know its a long shot but im after a pair of genuine csl camber arms my csl has got the turner ones fitted i would like to get some genuine ones back on it if anybody has a pair or knows somebody thats got some for sale
Jp

Do we know these are NLA as my dealer could order me a pair as late as Dec 17 despite me reading posts from years ago saying they were all gone? They were best part of £1k a pair mind!

Monkey 30-04-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimCSL (Post 203316)
Do we know these are NLA as my dealer could order me a pair as late as Dec 17 despite me reading posts from years ago saying they were all gone? They were best part of £1k a pair mind!

These are still available from BMW. £352.83 + VAT each, 3-5 working days for delivery. Plenty of stock, showing over 800 in Germany....:hahaha:

GregorFuk 30-04-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkey (Post 203321)
These are still available from BMW. £352.83 + VAT each, 3-5 working days for delivery. Plenty of stock, showing over 800 in Germany....:hahaha:

Is this true? Or have we entered the CSL roof zone? i.e, same part number but standard M3 steel roof delivered.

Monkey 30-04-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregorFuk (Post 203322)
Is this true? Or have we entered the CSL roof zone? i.e, same part number but standard M3 steel roof delivered.

Standard M3 arms are completely different, and a different part number. Readily available in the UK at £99 + VAT.

The CSL ones have to be ordered to chassis as well.

GregorFuk 30-04-2018 02:16 PM

Same applies to CSL roof but as I understand it the last person to order one unwrapped a steel item when it arrived.

Monkey 30-04-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregorFuk (Post 203324)
Same applies to CSL roof but as I understand it the last person to order one unwrapped a steel item when it arrived.

Hi Gregor,

It would not be possible to order a BMW part number and receive a different part than described. You are correct in that the carbon roof is no longer available, however the part number for the steel roof is different. The selling dealer should have had that conversation with the buyer, stating that they were ordering a different part with a different number.

Certainly not the case with these arms, they are genuine CSL items ordered to chassis with a part number specific to those arms.

If it were a similar case to the roofs, our system would show the CSL part number no longer available, and instruct to use the standard M3 part number. At no point would we be able to order the standard M3 arms under the CSL part number.

Clear as mud:hahaha:

M5 Powered 30-04-2018 08:14 PM

Hmm.... I tried to buy one from my dealer in Jan 18 and was told they were not avaliable. I then spoke to a couple of motorsport companies who couldn't get any either except for one.

Well if Germany has some that are genuine csl ones and NOT an m3 steel equivalent and is supplied with bolts etc.. then ace. At this stage, I would only believe it when I see it though! Lol..

Monkey 02-05-2018 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by M5 Powered (Post 203327)
Hmm.... I tried to buy one from my dealer in Jan 18 and was told they were not avaliable. I then spoke to a couple of motorsport companies who couldn't get any either except for one.

Well if Germany has some that are genuine csl ones and NOT an m3 steel equivalent and is supplied with bolts etc.. then ace. At this stage, I would only believe it when I see it though! Lol..

Fresh in this morning, genuine CSL specific camber arms definitely still available:thumbs: