CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Group Buys ? (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Radium oil catch tank (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11605)

adem.csl 13-01-2014 09:23 PM

Radium oil catch tank

http://www.radiumauto.com/Catch-Can-...esM3-P298.aspx
Guys i can get a 15% discount on orders of 5 plus oil catch tanks so would anyone be interested in a kit?
£155 for the kit
£47 postage shared by 5
£100-200 import tax also shared out
I cant work out exact import cost but shred by 5 people won't be huge worse ways 40-50£ each for import
So the kits will work out £250 maximum posted to your door
I will also make sure they include right hand drive mounts and another 90 degree elbow for the pipework

adem.csl 14-01-2014 08:14 AM

Taker no.1 mikeR
Irlag
Craig milward croft

Mike R 14-01-2014 08:31 AM

Cheers for sorting this Adem, if there are no takers, then we'll just have to resort to Plan B :).

billyboysm3 14-01-2014 09:39 AM

Plan B is great. Fly over on business, grab a few, hit Miami, fly to LA, then drive to Las Vegas, loose all your £££, fly back with 3 radium tanks in hand, fit and do the same next quarter.

JBird 14-01-2014 01:02 PM

Are they doing brackets for a RHD kit? The add says its only avail for LHD.

edit- sorry ignore question, didn't read the last line of the the op.

Mike R 14-01-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBird (Post 161521)
Are they doing brackets for a RHD kit? The add says its only avail for LHD.

edit- sorry ignore question, didn't read the last line of the the op.

See Adem's install here:

http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11553

adem.csl 14-01-2014 04:06 PM

Don't worry about the ad i will arrange all the brackets and what not i can also fit the kit if anyone needs!!

adem.csl 14-01-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike R (Post 161526)

Thanks mike i was gonna add it but phone played up last nite

irlag 11-08-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 161504)
http://www.radiumauto.com/Catch-Can-...esM3-P298.aspx
Guys i can get a 15% discount on orders of 5 plus oil catch tanks so would anyone be interested in a kit?
£155 for the kit
£47 postage shared by 5
£100-200 import tax also shared out
I cant work out exact import cost but shred by 5 people won't be huge worse ways 40-50£ each for import
So the kits will work out £250 maximum posted to your door
I will also make sure they include right hand drive mounts and another 90 degree elbow for the pipework

I am interested in buying

Mike R 17-08-2015 10:59 AM

Adem,
Can you still sort getting these? I want one for mine please.
Thanks

0-60Motorsports 17-08-2015 11:06 AM

Love the one i have on my own car.

adem.csl 04-09-2015 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike R (Post 187697)
Adem,
Can you still sort getting these? I want one for mine please.
Thanks

I can mate you have my number text me

Clubber 15-09-2015 11:47 PM

I am in the process of ordering one this week. I guess this is more of a protective mod rather than a performance oriented one. For the price and simplicity of the install it seems like a good mod to me. It may not add anything but may prevent any loss of performance too I understand.

adem.csl 26-04-2017 05:02 PM

So does my radium catch tank work?

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 13067

adem.csl 26-04-2017 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 13068

adem.csl 26-04-2017 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 13069

adem.csl 26-04-2017 05:05 PM

It's removed all that water and oil vapour that would usually funnel into the engine via the plenum chamber.

0-60Motorsports 26-04-2017 05:19 PM

Absolutely it works! I emptied mine the other day too. Awesome piece of kit.

select 26-04-2017 10:30 PM

Looks like a nice cup of Coffee 8)

The question is How many miles have you driven since you've emptied it the last time?

adem.csl 29-04-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by select (Post 200472)
Looks like a nice cup of Coffee 8)

The question is How many miles have you driven since you've emptied it the last time?

Only a couple hundred it doesn't take long to fill

Punish3r 12-05-2017 10:15 PM

I could do with one of these, are you still doing them?

adem.csl 12-05-2017 10:38 PM

I can only get the same discount you can get mate
They will do 15% on orders over 5 for me but they don't deal with group buys they are quite hard to deal with
It is what it is with them no more no less so all I can do is send you the discount code and you can order one
Don't forget there is import tax and these are only in us
I tried to get a set up via ca Automotives but they were difficult with us so we left it
Email them tell them you want it with universal bracket I think it's code bracket10 as the discount and they will send it out simples

select 13-05-2017 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 200510)
Only a couple hundred it doesn't take long to fill

Just a Couple hundred miles? Really makes me wonder because i heard from numerous people that - as long as - you are still NA these take a long time until it fills with a few drops.

Punish3r 13-05-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 200612)
I can only get the same discount you can get mate
They will do 15% on orders over 5 for me but they don't deal with group buys they are quite hard to deal with
It is what it is with them no more no less so all I can do is send you the discount code and you can order one
Don't forget there is import tax and these are only in us
I tried to get a set up via ca Automotives but they were difficult with us so we left it
Email them tell them you want it with universal bracket I think it's code bracket10 as the discount and they will send it out simples

Thanks for the info, the code did not work so asked them if they are still doing a discount, will get one ordered.

Punish3r 13-05-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by select (Post 200615)
Just a Couple hundred miles? Really makes me wonder because i heard from numerous people that - as long as - you are still NA these take a long time until it fills with a few drops.

Looking at NA collection, will be interesting to see how much build-up is collected on my FI setup.

adem.csl 13-05-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punish3r (Post 200619)
Thanks for the info, the code did not work so asked them if they are still doing a discount, will get one ordered.

Oh sorry mate
This is what I did.emailed them asked them if they do a rhd kit
No was the answer but a universal bracket and 10% is whst they offered me
Also they need to put a 90degree elbow instead of a straight one in for you at no extra cost
Hope that hepls

adem.csl 13-05-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by select (Post 200615)

When I say couple hundred I can't exactly tell you what milage it fills up
I'll empty mine and record the milage
I think I've done 2000 miles since I last emptied it
Oh and it was never completely full either
Either way I'd rather the water n oil was there then in my msnifold or mixing with my fuel

adem.csl 13-05-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punish3r (Post 200620)
Looking at NA collection, will be interesting to see how much build-up is collected on my FI setup.

You could always buy a universal catch tank uk based n make your own pipe work that's doable I just liked mine and I got fuel rail and surge tank setup to so I got a lot of kit from them

select 14-05-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 200624)
When I say couple hundred I can't exactly tell you what milage it fills up
I'll empty mine and record the milage
I think I've done 2000 miles since I last emptied it
Oh and it was never completely full either

Thank you adem, im very interested in your report.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 200624)
Either way I'd rather the water n oil was there then in my msnifold or mixing with my fuel

Yes, it certainly doesn't do any harm. I just was curious to hear first hand if its "worth it".

Punish3r 15-05-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 200623)
Oh sorry mate
This is what I did.emailed them asked them if they do a rhd kit
No was the answer but a universal bracket and 10% is whst they offered me
Also they need to put a 90degree elbow instead of a straight one in for you at no extra cost
Hope that hepls

Thanks for the additional info, I got the code from them also if anyone else is ordering.

adem.csl 15-05-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by select (Post 200630)
Thank you adem, im very interested in your report.

Yes, it certainly doesn't do any harm. I just was curious to hear first hand if its "worth it".

To be honest in my opinion it offers NO power gain.having said that I have a theory that if your mixing hot oil and water condensation vapour with fuel do you get a better burn then if you were burning a clean fuel?oil does burn but does it burn efficient?and if this catch tank is useless why to touring cars and the likes use this system?ive seen and fitted catch tanks and breather systems since late 90's and they've been around I guess before the 80's on the ford touring cars so there must be a feasible use for them.i can only speak from my experience is that I get almost,no I get no jerk from my car from cold as opposed to all the m3's I drive at work.i do find it really smooth as opposed to the jerk I used to get.now I'm not saying this will cure anyone's jerking from cold to warm pull off but my car seems fine.anyone wants to compare are more then welcome to come try mine.thats all I can say really.

adem.csl 15-05-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports (Post 200467)
Absolutely it works! I emptied mine the other day too. Awesome piece of kit.

Ejaz would you agree with my statement seeing you have one too.
What's your honest thought?

0-60Motorsports 16-05-2017 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 200640)
Ejaz would you agree with my statement seeing you have one too.
What's your honest thought?

Adem,

I absolutely agree with what you have said in the posts above. This is not really a performance mod unless your FI but for people running a CSL intake or similar this is a great Mod and it prevents all those water and oil vapors from recirculating into your motor.

When i empty it, which is not very often, since i hardly drive the car more than twice a month....im glad all that crap doesnt end up in my motor any more.

select 16-05-2017 11:45 AM

Hi Adem,

I am not in doubt whether it works or not. I am sure it does. For me it was just interesting to hear how much it "catches".

I was thinking about doing this mod for a while now. Im probably doing it now in the off-season.

adem.csl 16-05-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by select (Post 200647)
Hi Adem,

I am not in doubt whether it works or not. I am sure it does. For me it was just interesting to hear how much it "catches".

I was thinking about doing this mod for a while now. Im probably doing it now in the off-season.

No worries I was simply explaining what I feel I got outta the setup
Go for it it's worth it