CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   CSL goes for £16k at auction. (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2174)

NeilCSL 25-06-2009 02:59 PM

CSL goes for £16k at auction.

I went to BCA Derby auction last week and there was a black CSL there that had done 60k miles, full BMW history, but needed a 'good clean'.
It was a finance snatcback according to the auctioneer.
The Reg number was D5DDY, which went with the car. I would have had it, but do not like them in black, got to be SG for me. Looked like a good buy for someone though.

karbonkid 25-06-2009 03:03 PM

All black ones go cheaper! :whistle: But that was CHEAP! Would of been an ideal Cup base with a wrap.

Shake&Bake 25-06-2009 04:03 PM

Wow that was cheap. Anyone know the history?

anissut 25-06-2009 08:08 PM

All of us on here talk about how good CSL residuals are compared to other performance cars and there is no doubt it's a fairly safe purchase even in the current climate. BUT, they are still going to depreciate in the next few years. Whether or not they become a future classic is not conclusive yet but the odds look good. I feel the only thing against it is its lack of motorsport history when compared to the E30 Sport Evo, M1, original CSL. I still do think in time the E46 CSL will find a bottom and hopefully not go much below that. Where that bottom level is anyone's guess but I would hope a well looked after a CSL in a few years would still be worth a bit over £20k if miles are not stupid.

Andyk 25-06-2009 08:40 PM

Yep not got the motorsport heritage as the E30 but they will still be coverted in the years to come....Many are saying it is the last proper drivers cat BMW made and probably will be the last.

I was looking at prices of E30 and couldn't believe how much they are...

I had a E30 M3 EVO11 which I paid 14k for back in 1995...I sold it for 12k around a year later.....the same car with around 75k on the closk today is being advertised for 30k...Fuck I wish I had kept it now...so my advise would be do not sell your CSL until at least 2022.

Shake&Bake 25-06-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyk (Post 24934)
Yep not got the motorsport heritage as the E30 but they will still be coverted in the years to come....Many are saying it is the last proper drivers cat BMW made and probably will be the last.

I was looking at prices of E30 and couldn't believe how much they are...

I had a E30 M3 EVO11 which I paid 14k for back in 1995...I sold it for 12k around a year later.....the same car with around 75k on the closk today is being advertised for 30k...Fuck I wish I had kept it now...so my advise would be do not sell your CSL until at least 2022.

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha: Right mine is going into the garage not to be seen again untill Jan 1st 2022. Jesus and if Dave holds on to all his bits and pieces he'll be (an even bigger) millionaire!

NeilCSL 26-06-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karbonkid (Post 24914)
All black ones go cheaper! :whistle: But that was CHEAP! Would of been an ideal Cup base with a wrap.

The bodywork was in very good order, didn't need any paint etc. However it did need a replacement front bumper. Other than that and a good valet and you should have a good car.

csl_mba 26-06-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilCSL (Post 24988)
The bodywork was in very good order, didn't need any paint etc. However it did need a replacement front bumper. Other than that and a good valet and you should have a good car.

So it only needed another £3k spending on a bumper?

7.77 26-06-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyk (Post 24934)

you're right;)