CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   E46 M3 track slag turned around in a day (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12264)

shimmy 24-08-2014 12:58 PM

Why?

CraigMillwardCroft 24-08-2014 03:42 PM

do all your cars need there engines out :whistle:

Mark CSL 24-08-2014 04:46 PM

looks like he has broken another one :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

billyboysm3 24-08-2014 06:35 PM

Ha ha, e46 m3 engine in Csl and m5 lump in m3.......

adem.csl 24-08-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboysm3 (Post 172688)
Ha ha, e46 m3 engine in Csl and m5 lump in m3.......

Just got the m5 lump running dude although we need exhausts!!!

uncle benz 24-08-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham (Post 171945)
Derek this is what it looks like on your front end

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...227402DF22.jpg

Need to remove the aux fan and get some air into the rad. I got a mishimoto fan for £65 to install behind and remove viscous fan

Look at that 6kg of undesirable weight right out in the offside front corner! On the heavy side of the car too. I moved mine to a weeny reservoir tucked into the empty space below the windscreen on the passenger side.

You could always leave it empty I suppose...

shimmy 24-08-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 172689)
Just got the m5 lump running dude although we need exhausts!!!

S62?

If so Dya think 400bhp with he S62 at the front will make it quicker on track?

adem.csl 24-08-2014 10:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 172691)
S62?

If so Dya think 400bhp with he S62 at the front will make it quicker on track?

This heavy lump will have great straight line speed as long as it don't spin on the corners!!!
Attachment 10580

Graham 25-08-2014 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle benz (Post 172690)
Look at that 6kg of undesirable weight right out in the offside front corner! On the heavy side of the car too. I moved mine to a weeny reservoir tucked into the empty space below the windscreen on the passenger side.

You could always leave it empty I suppose...

Fair comment, when I am worried about weight saving I will put it on the to do list :thumbs:

CraigMillwardCroft 25-08-2014 02:12 PM

Are you putting the V8 into the M3 :whistle:

adem.csl 25-08-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigMillwardCroft (Post 172701)
Are you putting the V8 into the M3 :whistle:

Flipping billy giving away my secret developements i don't let people in my mad lab and this is why!!!!lol

Going into my top secret black m3 i had stashed away!!!

shimmy 25-08-2014 03:55 PM

you boys need to go racing!

adem.csl 25-08-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 172705)

Snetterton end of september

shimmy 25-08-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 172707)
Snetterton end of september

racing or trackday race

billyboysm3 26-08-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 172705)

We will do, Only just getting my sleep back after Toni giving birth.

billyboysm3 26-08-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 172708)
racing or trackday race

Trackday, got about 4 other M3 track slags going and GT3 & CSL.

Have you got what it takes?

glendog74 26-08-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboysm3 (Post 172713)
We will do, Only just getting my sleep back after Toni giving birth.

Congrats! :beer:

adem.csl 26-08-2014 02:46 PM

Correction billy will be!!!
Im contemplating selling up and buying a 10 plate range hse sport tdv8

billyboysm3 26-08-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 172718)

That needs to tow the track car!!

billyboysm3 26-08-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glendog74 (Post 172715)
Congrats! :beer:

Cheers, its taken nearly 4 months!!!

shimmy 26-08-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboysm3 (Post 172714)
Trackday, got about 4 other M3 track slags going and GT3 & CSL.

Have you got what it takes?

Its in the diary but I have an operation on my Achilles on the 22nd so ill have to see how that goes first.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 172718)

Had a TDV8 RRS........................mine was new but it will be a money pit after I guarantee!

billyboysm3 01-10-2014 08:06 AM

So, Adem fitted Evo pulleys, rear spoiler, adjusted front camber to -5, didn't have time to fit bonnet :(

With the rear spoiler looking mean I fitted my black square set CSL rims.

Went to Snetterton Monday, not been in a M3 for well over 1.5 years, so got tuition first thing. After the fog cleared at 10.45am, we were let on track, mixed track conditions, car was on song and felt really solid through Riches and Coram. In the dry this car should be able to put in a very quick lap, its far quicker than my ability.

Here's a few pictures and 15min of my clearest track time, with all sorts of track weapons on, you can see all the time is made up through the twisties.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVG63gkzlzA

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2f807845.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...psa5b38e9e.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...psc8f5cbf4.jpg

shimmy 01-10-2014 12:12 PM

superb boys..........how do you know the wing is pointing the right way/

billyboysm3 01-10-2014 12:40 PM

Got a professional to fit it and measure the angle in degrees and all that crap with the cars normal ride height with a digital spirit level while we had lunch and took the piss out of each other.

shimmy 01-10-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboysm3 (Post 174263)
Got a professional to fit it and measure the angle in degrees and all that crap with the cars normal ride height with a digital spirit level while we had lunch and took the piss out of each other.

tfft - god knows where it would have pointed otherwise :beer:

ever since Nathan took his down Craners witht he wing and splitter, I had wanted to do that to the CSL (removable wing and GT like splitter)

billyboysm3 02-10-2014 11:18 AM

Few pictures:

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7206d5bd.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6f66f256.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0f3910ae.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...ps76a428b1.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...psccd4c25b.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8f3a915a.jpg

mattCSLnut 02-10-2014 12:39 PM

Looking good Billy :thumbs: athough I'm surprised the front forgs weren't deployed considering the misty conditions ;)

cslsuperfan 02-10-2014 06:58 PM

Snetterton

Billy

was that Adem on track ahead of you........ for a bit;)

adem.csl 02-10-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslsuperfan (Post 174325)
Billy

F**k off!!!

I left after that lap!!!

adem.csl 02-10-2014 07:16 PM

The csl was shit all day i just couldn't get it all working together!!
I don't know where i went wrong!!
Got to track set the camber at -3 deg put the cups at 30 psi and set the suspension to full hard.
Bearing in mind i haven't used it on track since donny last year i weren't sure what was what so heated the tyres got them kinda working(2012)brand new cups!then i came in and backed the rear suspension bump by 4 clicks from hard this time the car got really sloppy around the track so came in to find the cups had shot to 38psi so dropped the pressure tightened the suspension by 2 clicks wow it started to really work!!!!
Found a new problem as i got to the first corner the brake was hard then it just dropped to the floor thats why i had my foot on the brake even going round the first corner cos the car didn't slow!!it stayed like that so i was limping the car around as billy caught me up i tried to get past the old bimmer who shut the door on me think was Hamilton thats where it all ended billy was up my ass this old bimmer refused to move i hit fourth billy flew by i went home!!!

As for driving skill bear in mind billies done 10-12 times snetterton that was my second attempt so pretty heart broken it happened but billies a much better driver then me its proven so i need to practice more.

shimmy 02-10-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 174328)
Got to track set the camber at -3 deg put the cups at 30 psi and set the suspension to full hard.
Bearing in mind i haven't used it on track since donny last year i weren't sure what was what so heated the tyres got them kinda working(2012)brand new cups!then i came in and backed the rear suspension bump by 4 clicks from hard this time the car got really sloppy around the track so came in to find the cups had shot to 38psi so dropped the pressure tightened the suspension by 2 clicks wow it started to really work!!!!
Found a new problem as i got to the first corner the brake was hard then it just dropped to the floor thats why i had my foot on the brake even going round the first corner cos the car didn't slow!!it stayed like that so i was limping the car around as billy caught me up i tried to get past the old bimmer who shut the door on me think was Hamilton thats where it all ended billy was up my ass this old bimmer refused to move i hit fourth billy flew by i went home!!!

As for driving skill bear in mind billies done 10-12 times snetterton that was my second attempt so pretty heart broken it happened but billies a much better driver then me its proven so i need to practice more.

sometimes it just dont feel right adem......dont knock yourself up about it.

is that why you were in a mood on the way home :whistle:

adem.csl 02-10-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 174329)
sometimes it just dont feel right adem......dont knock yourself up about it.

is that why you were in a mood on the way home :whistle:

I was more vex with me then the car because i should have known better!i was in such a rush to get the car to work i didn't consider the fact the tyres were brand new cups not slicks and the brakes haven't worked that hard in a year and the sheer stupidity getting desperate to get past that old bm at Hamilton!!

Its not a nice feeling at all so back to the drawing board try to learn from it and i gaurantee that would never have happened at brands where ive done 10+ sessions!!!

Im still super boiled up even today tbh!!

adem.csl 02-10-2014 08:37 PM

http://youtu.be/5JZSYKDPkSM

Here's a decent lap i got held up on!!!
Weren't gonna upload it but it shows my lines!!!
(P.s i didn't get tuition)

cslsuperfan 02-10-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslsuperfan (Post 174325)
Billy

Soz Adem

No brakes is a bit of a drama :smt056

mattCSLnut 02-10-2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 174328)

There's your problem mate ... but I guess you know that now ;) 26 psi cold, all round for Track work on CUPs ... 30 psi or above is for road use only.
http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/mich...ilot-sport-cup

billyboysm3 03-10-2014 08:28 AM

Adem, don't beat yourself up.

You drive really well, after we sorted tyre pressures the Csl gripped, the conditions didn't help.

Also I have been a stupid amount of times and had tuition. Also had tuition first thing that morning. Making sure I'm at full power coming out of bends to the straights.

It's your first full day there. You set the M3 up, geo, corner weight, ride height etc so massive thanks to you as she had a stupid amount of grip left that my talent could not handle.

Yes I did pass but only because i knew how to get the best from that corner. Shame i didn't have a go pro in the rear as you did well following me for the next couple of laps.

I'll help get you there, it's just seat time, tuition, seat time, tuition and fun.

Shimmy wasn't born quick, he has had to work for it.

When I first went to snetterton with shimmy and the boys I was like a rabbit in headlights.

Roll on 2nd nov at snetterton and we're learn those lines.

You've set the m3 and your Csl up an absolute dream, be proud, your awesome at what you do. Have fun and the times will drop.

Billy your apprentice technician and t boy.

Chappers 03-10-2014 10:12 AM

Does anyone here actually rate Snetterton? I really disliked it when I went in the Noble. When you're on the track it just seems to be
straight,
90° constant radius,
straight,
180° constant radius,
straight,
90° constant radius,
straight,
180° constant radius

It just wasn't very interesting :S

shimmy 03-10-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboysm3 (Post 174358)

Shimmy wasn't born quick, he has had to work for it.

When I first went to snetterton with shimmy and the boys I was like a rabbit in headlights.

Too true, im pretty average but have worked hard at the CSL. I get in another car and I go back to being a billy and have to learn again. Sometimes i get in the CSL and im on the pace, sometimes it takes me all day to get to 90% of where i was last time out.

As ONeill says we are all billys and if we were good we would know it. 83SY is good. Im just trying extra hard.

Tuition doesnt always work, doesnt always work straight away and sometimes it can just make sense and take you up a level in understanding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chappers (Post 174363)
Does anyone here actually rate Snetterton? I really disliked it when I went in the Noble. When you're on the track it just seems to be
straight,
90° constant radius,
straight,
180° constant radius,
straight,
90° constant radius,
straight,
180° constant radius

It just wasn't very interesting :S

It lacks a couple of good mid speed corners and i think is an average track for the UK. Racers like it as it has a bit of everything and you can overtake. Best part is the Esses through to the back of Coram which is very technical i think and in think you may have missed out on your synopsis above :)

Chappers 03-10-2014 12:00 PM

Perhaps... that was the bit where the Noble made a really awful noise. Maybe it's worth another look. I like variety and it felt a bit samey to me. Funnily enough didn't think it was bad at all when I was there on the bike, probably due to the exact reasons I didn't like it in a car!

Shimmy don't you have the fastest laptime round Spa or am I thinking of 83SY?

billyboysm3 03-10-2014 12:24 PM

I think you might of done the 200 circuit which is effectively a rectangle.

Shimmy is SPA king.

Would love to do spa next year, probably in a BMW courtesy car.