CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   House and Home section (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Planning application (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13112)

s.mac 31-03-2015 02:41 PM

Planning application

Any advise from anyone who knows.

I want to build a garden building but my house falls under

Condition 6 (PD Removed):
This condition removed PD for rear extensions, outbuildings or enclosures, swimming or other pools,
hard surfacing and boundary walls to the rear garden of plots

which means, even though the garden building I want to build doesnt need permission I do need to apply.

As the local planners will have added this clause, would I be better submitting my planning request through the central goverment planning portal? or will it just get directed to my local planners anyway?

Is it better to pay someone to do the planning for me? it doesnt look straight forward... all for a posh shed...

any advice welcome

shimmy 31-03-2015 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure how you fit an OUTBUILDING (I presume you mean outside toilet as an upgrade to what you have) in the back yard of your terrace?

Neil M 31-03-2015 03:45 PM

If the 'Permitted Development' rights have been withdrawn, make an Planning application in the normal way to whichever Authority (Leeds?) deals with your district.

Removal of PD rights is a simple and effective way for the local authority to gain additional revenue via the planning fee.
This normally, only applies to new builds where plots are relatively small.

However bare in mind that once having applied you may not get the answer you would hope for, even on a shed.
Sheds used to be exempt (outside planning legislation if they were under a certain size) Worth a phone call to the LA in the first instance. :thumbs:

s.mac 31-03-2015 05:44 PM

1st time I've laughed today Shimmy :birdman:

Neil, It is slightly bigger than Shimmy's picture :clown:
I can only hazard a guess that the restrictions were placed because of tree preservation orders on certain plots and the local residents kicked off about the site, so the council added them.

I'm looking at something more than a shed type ;) anywhere else it would comply with requirements. Less than 2.5 metres, less than 50% of ground area etc etc.

I will have to submit and see what happens.

shimmy 31-03-2015 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s.mac (Post 181288)
I can only hazard a guess that the restrictions were placed because of tree preservation orders on certain plots and the local residents kicked off about the site, so the council added them.

TREES? You must be northern royalty mate!

Bounce 31-03-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 181289)
TREES? You must be northern royalty mate!

:hahaha::hahaha:

s.mac 31-03-2015 06:00 PM

Fucking idiots, I don't know why I set myself :hahaha:

Bounce 31-03-2015 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s.mac (Post 181292)
Fucking idiots, I don't know why I set myself :hahaha:

Anyway never mind planning,you coming down to Silverstone for a few beers end of May :beer:

shimmy 31-03-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce (Post 181293)
Anyway never mind planning,you coming down to Silverstone for a few beers end of May :beer:

too busy cutting his 12 acres on his ride on mower and then playing croquet :bigcry:

Bounce 31-03-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 181294)
too busy cutting his 12 acres on his ride on mower and then playing croquet :bigcry:

He's putting more miles on that mower than his Csl:whistle: