CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   House and Home section (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   CSLRegister....Help me find a new Gaff... (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8160)

Yanto 18-02-2012 03:44 PM

CSLRegister....Help me find a new Gaff...

So toying with the idea of giving up on crime ridden, scummy east end inner city living and moving to the burbs...

Rationale / Criteria:

1. More roomy property required and garden / maybe outbuildings/garage
2. No greater than a 1hr / 1hr 15 door to door commute to CW...which includes Herts, Essex, Kent (dont really want further Sarf). So a route in LN bridge, KingsX, Stratford etc
3. Town or village with good (train) transport links
4. Prefer older gaffs
5. If a village, needs to have decent boozer, shop etc.

Seems a few folks on here from SE - inspire me with suggestions of nice areas / villages / towns that I can begin the house hunt !:thumbs:

shimmy 18-02-2012 03:49 PM

Thameslink thru to London Bridge and Jubilee line a good quick option.

StAlbans good place to look near.

plumber vic 18-02-2012 08:05 PM

Home sweet home

Sevenoaks surrounding villages nice but expensive.

cslgirl 18-02-2012 09:59 PM

Used to live in Horton Kirby... quiet village, an hour to London and 2 minutes to Brands Hatch. Nice local boozer on the River Darent. Farningham is also nice, as well as Otford/Eynsford.

Yanto 18-02-2012 11:34 PM

Farningham I love Lesa, the bull is a nice pub, but missus (boss) not taken. Also looking at Eynsford but I think transport is pita ?

Need some Herts ideas - shim, anything going in your road ?

shimmy 18-02-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yanto (Post 107950)
Farningham I love Lesa, the bull is a nice pub, but missus (boss) not taken. Also looking at Eynsford but I think transport is pita ?

Some good houses in west side WGC for family geezers, honestly worth looking if you want space.

Cheap train into town as well.

There is a place near min pe for sale with a big garage

DazBlackCSL 19-02-2012 12:08 PM

Berks Dude !! M4/M3/M40 Corridor, Waterloo/Paddington 30mins... Feels like your in the country, cracking pubs !!!

Wokingham has been voted one of the best places to live over the last few years, sindlesham, barkham, Finchampstead, crowthorne, all smaller villages surrounding ... reading 10 mins for shopping and nights out... you know sindlesham has the best boozer, as do a few on hear !! :whistle: :-D:beer:

Pop up when you get a pm free, do pubs and show your around, im currently looking to move to a bigger pad with the nipper arriving, no rush, but on the property focus weekly, so know what's about currently... beers, car cover ! and research !!

You also have windsor / ascot / twyford and henley all less than 20 away also which are all nice places, expensive but you can be right on the line and get a great load of house for your money and location

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yanto (Post 107920)
So toying with the idea of giving up on crime ridden, scummy east end inner city living and moving to the burbs...

Rationale / Criteria:

1. More roomy property required and garden / maybe outbuildings/garage
2. No greater than a 1hr / 1hr 15 door to door commute to CW...which includes Herts, Essex, Kent (dont really want further Sarf). So a route in LN bridge, KingsX, Stratford etc
3. Town or village with good (train) transport links
4. Prefer older gaffs
5. If a village, needs to have decent boozer, shop etc.

Seems a few folks on here from SE - inspire me with suggestions of nice areas / villages / towns that I can begin the house hunt !:thumbs:

cslgirl 19-02-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yanto (Post 107950)

No worries :thumbs: GLW your search.

DuncanR 20-02-2012 11:27 AM

Dont forget MK area Ian, Olney is a nice little place ! Close to Sillystone and Bedford, good for A1/M1 and rail links. Some nice villages in Bucks area.:thumbs:

Trawler 21-02-2012 07:18 PM

Look at the Cambridge to Liverpool St line. Lots of nice towns/villages. Stanstead express stops at a few. Audely End is a nice village & has a fast service. Some lovely roads & puts you closer to Elms.