CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Storm motorwerks smg gear shifter (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11914)

adem.csl 25-03-2014 03:02 AM

Storm motorwerks smg gear shifter

I hate my smg gear shifter.its cheap looking,chrome,plastic and the top bevel is quite uncomfortable for me.my opinion the ONLY disappointing part on a csl!!

So ive been trawling the net for a better solution something i can enjoy!!
I came across Storm Motorwerks and their smg nob offering!instantly thought WOW words like class and oem dimensions,elegant profile and Upgrade.i thought this has to be a good punt right?

Wrong!i waited 14 days for it and as soon as i opened the box the the sum of £90 odd quid i could have cried!!!
1 it weighs a ton same weight as an alloy wheel,
2 it does not fit like oem push click its got two hideous grub screws to hold it still.have you ever fitted a gear nob with grub screws?they fly off as soon as you push into reverse
3 they've gone super easy on the titanium plating hardly gun metal finish.
4 the engraved position and m logo on the top are so thinly and lightly etched that they are liable to wear off in 6 months.

In total ive gone backwards with this absolute waste of time shit!!
Its crap i won't use this on my lockup door.theives wouldn't steal this thing!!
I see how the cutters boys would like this but i don't!!
Pics to follow

adem.csl 25-03-2014 03:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 10024

adem.csl 25-03-2014 03:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 10026

adem.csl 25-03-2014 03:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 10027

At least i get a little Allen key to use everytime it comes loose!!
Yay:thumbs:

shimmy 25-03-2014 07:14 AM

I did like the look of them as well, another mod not worth doing....thank the lord for AP brakes who met expectations unlike every other a/m wank company.
Cheers Adem.:beer:

adem.csl 25-03-2014 09:09 AM

My most loved fave mod has to be my radium catch tank n fuel rail!
So beautiful so easy to fit and refreshing in the engine bay.
Love my stoptech kit but the colours faded and that.my eisenmann probabily the best buy 78mm Le Mans back box sounds exactly what i want!!and the money i paid for it brand new(with lifetime warranty)was silly cheap!

Chris-CSL 25-03-2014 10:27 AM

That's a real shame as I was looking at this as a replacement but going to give it a wide berth, However Stormworks paddles do look good.....

Neil M 25-03-2014 11:25 AM

Such a disappointment when something doesn't live up to the hype and your expectations, I'd send it back and ask for a refund! :(

AlexGTT 25-03-2014 02:13 PM

Standard is the way.............BMW know best.;)

CraigMillwardCroft 25-03-2014 05:07 PM

Thought the original one was okay :thumbs: But then do not use car much unless on track.