CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Area (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Default Code 35 (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14789)

Olive 13-10-2017 01:09 PM

Default Code 35

Hi,
Last week end I was driving on mountain road, quite quickly, and, after had reduced speed (5 minutes before), the gearbox turned to neutral (with the small orange wheel on the dashboard). I stoped the car, swithed off the engine, and switched on. No more trouble.

I came back at home (1 minute away) and checked with Reihngold. A code 35 was in memory => pressure loss in hydrolic system (hydraulic pressure sensor evaluation)

I launched a full gearbox adaptation and everything goes well. No pressure trouble, all the gears are OK, nothing to signal...

Does somebody knows something about this fault ?

Chad 13-10-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olive (Post 201970)
Hi,
Last week end I was driving on mountain road, quite quickly, and, after had reduced speed (5 minutes before), the gearbox turned to neutral (with the small orange wheel on the dashboard). I stoped the car, swithed off the engine, and switched on. No more trouble.

I came back at home (1 minute away) and checked with Reihngold. A code 35 was in memory => pressure loss in hydrolic system (hydraulic pressure sensor evaluation)

I launched a full gearbox adaptation and everything goes well. No pressure trouble, all the gears are OK, nothing to signal...

Does somebody knows something about this fault ?

hi olive Could be just nothing, Possible pink relay,which switches voltage for pump have been known to fail, 20 euro worth a punt, Or wait to see if If happens again hopefully nothing .

Olive 13-10-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 201972)
hi olive Could be just nothing, Possible pink relay,which switches voltage for pump have been known to fail, 20 euro worth a punt, Or wait to see if If happens again hopefully nothing .

I clearly hope to not see this light again :beer:

I though about the pink relay. I think I will have to buy one and keep it somewhere inside the car just in case.

Maybe also the sensor really played his role because I was driving mainly in 2nd gear and rather high RPM (not easy to go in 3rd in tinny mountain road) => it is possible to have reach a too high temperature level.

May be, and hopefully, I will never know :hahaha:

JBird 13-10-2017 04:06 PM

I had the same symptoms once. I had a spare salmon relay in the glove box. Changed it on the side of the road and all was good.

CraigMillwardCroft 13-10-2017 08:00 PM

Does anyone have part number and where it can be purchased from, my box played up earlier in the year so could do with carrying a spare.

Chad 13-10-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigMillwardCroft (Post 201978)
Does anyone have part number and where it can be purchased from, my box played up earlier in the year so could do with carrying a spare.

Think it's 12631742690. Always worth having a spare, contacts on 12 volt side to pump supply can get a bit burnt I guess. Or they just fail on switch. Thought everyone had these as a spare.

NBTBRV8 14-10-2017 03:19 AM

Have you done a pressure or leak down test on the SMG hydro unit? That would be worth checking.

Olive 14-10-2017 06:52 AM

Yes, just after.
Pressure level was very fine and full test shown no error nowhere. Has nothing happened :whistle:

Concerning relay : bought ! http://www.ebay.fr/itm/BMW-NEW-GENUI...AAAOSwynRZv6tF

select 18-10-2017 01:33 PM

Just a friendly heads up Olive, if you buy this relais from BMW its cheaper.
It only costs 10€ without tax. So this ebay ad is a bit of a rip off to be honest.:whistle:

Olive 18-10-2017 03:42 PM

Hi, thanks for the warning :hahaha: :bigcry:
I paid this price, anyway, due to my job hours I cannot go to the BMW dealer between 8AM and 5PM.
I will say that I am paying to be delivered :thumbs:

P.S : Next time I will ask first !