CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Area (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   100 Cell Cats & the CSL (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5677)

phoenixcsl 15-11-2010 12:16 PM

100 Cell Cats & the CSL

Morning all :)

Anyone running 100 cell cats on their car?

I've just acquired a lovely set of 100 cell millteks off my mate who never put them on his car for a good price.

I had Milltek 100 cell cats on my old M3, however the EML light was forever comiong on and off (annoyingly), once I fitted them.

Does the CSL do the same when the 100 cells are fitted?

Ta :thumbs:

DazBlackCSL 15-11-2010 12:31 PM

Yep, im running as quite a few of us are the same, and yes does throw the light up, but does not effect the performance or running.

Had mine on for a couple of years now, had the light off for most of last year, but more recently after the new HG and new sensors it's back on again.

Nowt to worry about ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixcsl (Post 73534)

I've just acquired a lovely set of 100 cell millteks off my mate who never put them on his car for a good price.

I had Milltek 100 cell cats on my old M3, however the EML light was forever comiong on and off (annoyingly), once I fitted them.

mattCSLnut 15-11-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixcsl (Post 73534)

In a word... Yes :bigcry:
I run SS 100 cell cats (made by the same people who make the Milltek cat) on my SG CSL and they trip the EML light whenever they like, but usually after a good spank @ TD or even after a V-Max moment on the Autobahn :whistle:
I've been informed by the CSL Gurus it's nothing to worry about (apparently the 100 cell cats being over efficient :smt102 ) so I just plug in my Diagnostic tool and clear the fault :thumbs:
On occasions it has been known to clear the EML light, all on it's own :smt017

shimmy 15-11-2010 12:54 PM

i had one fitted but it never caused any damage to my HG or engine :thumbs:

phoenixcsl 15-11-2010 01:38 PM

Thought as much, didn't think it caused any probs just had to double check.

ah well bring on the annoying eml light then, but hey its a worthwhile mod :thumbs:

mattCSLnut 15-11-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 73538)
i had one fitted but it never caused any damage to my HG or engine :thumbs:

Why would it ? :whistle:

cantfind1 15-11-2010 03:20 PM

You could always get your post cat O2 sensors deleted from your map. They are only there to monitor cat efficiency. simples.