CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Main Message Centre (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Has to be a Typo... FS Advert (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13913)

sailorbaz 09-02-2016 05:16 PM

Has to be a Typo... FS Advert

No connection with the seller but he cannot genuinely be expecting someone to part with over a bag of sand for these??? :smokin:

OEM Mats with M3 Logo

alexk 09-02-2016 05:20 PM

Add the word CSL and its +1000 :)

Jon8710 09-02-2016 10:19 PM

My car came with these mate,
I might sell them and by a house up north !

CraigMillwardCroft 10-02-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon8710 (Post 192696)
My car came with these mate,
I might sell them and by a house up north !

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

GregorFuk 10-02-2016 11:49 AM

BMMINIPARTS business model is in tatters as BMW have stopped providing prices and selling parts to 3rd party resellers, you'll note their price finder has been offline since before christmas. I guess they guy is trying to cash out.

sailorbaz 11-02-2016 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregorFuk (Post 192721)
BMMINIPARTS business model is in tatters as BMW have stopped providing prices and selling parts to 3rd party resellers, you'll note their price finder has been offline since before christmas. I guess they guy is trying to cash out.

Funny you should say that as I tried to get a price for brakes for my 5 series the other week and haven't heard from them yet.

Shame that, thought Toby was doing really well with it and feel for him if it doesn't fall apart. Helped me out no end a few times, particularly when sourcing parts for my Z3, got me a windscreen for buttons.

GregorFuk 11-02-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorbaz (Post 192752)
Funny you should say that as I tried to get a price for brakes for my 5 series the other week and haven't heard from them yet.

Shame that, thought Toby was doing really well with it and feel for him if it doesn't fall apart. Helped me out no end a few times, particularly when sourcing parts for my Z3, got me a windscreen for buttons.

Apparently there is a new guy at the top of BMW spares and he’s pulled the plug on this type of re-selling. No idea if it’s a permanent move or just temporary but for now BMMINI parts and their equivalents are $hit out of luck, if you want a part then you need to go to your friendly BMW parts counter.
I have mixed feelings about this. I used BMMINI a lot during the refurb of my CSL, and it was always a handy way of getting prices. But I also feel that they (along with Cotswolds) were probably the worst offenders for selling CSL bits to non CSL owners. I have no problem if somebody wants to make their M3 look like a CSL, but FFS, do it with replica parts and leave the OEM stuff for the genuine owners. If BMWs new approach means that we don’t run out of bumpers, etc then I’m all for it.