CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   House and Home section (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Decided to dig a hole in the garage (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9143)

NBTBRV8 17-10-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 125212)
And that is workplace, not home.

I know, but do you think a council is going to let you put one in unvetted? My point was about them being illegal for which I was wrong as stated, just regulated. A hoist is a far easier, cheaper and more usable option.

shimmy 17-10-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8 (Post 125216)
I know, but do you think a council is going to let you put one in unvetted? My point was about them being illegal for which I was wrong as stated, just regulated. A hoist is a far easier, cheaper and more usable option.

In the uk I think you could do it unregulated in a private home (well the garage).

rstoughy 17-10-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 125217)
In the uk I think you could do it unregulated in a private home (well the garage).

Well I did :-D
IF the council were to drop by (which is unlikely as they would need to do two things. 1. have some motivation 2. get off their arses) and tell me it was Illegal then a quick load of sand and a 1" screed of concrete and it's sorted. Obviously once they have left I would leave it filled in :whistle:

Steve B 17-10-2012 01:34 PM

Just put a rug over it....lol

CraigMillwardCroft 17-10-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoughy (Post 125238)
Well I did :-D
IF the council were to drop by (which is unlikely as they would need to do two things. 1. have some motivation 2. get off their arses) and tell me it was Illegal then a quick load of sand and a 1" screed of concrete and it's sorted. Obviously once they have left I would leave it filled in :whistle:

Spot on :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Bounce 17-10-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 125217)

Correct,garages need planning permission but no building regs,dig away boys,i am when I've got time.:thumbs:

NZCSLBMW 02-02-2013 09:52 PM

Pit Engineering

In New Zealand the pit would be made as though you are building cantilever retaining walls, and requires steel reinforcing in the floor and up the sides. Shuttered walls with solid poured waterproof concrete As if blocks were laid it would require tanking behind and difficult in a renovation. In the poured concrete a water proofing agent from a Hydrophilic (is a soluble crystiline system) or hydrophobic (which a fatty acid system) of blocking the pours of the concrete. For a belts and braces waterproofing the inside can be sand cement rendered, with an additive from Sika Products and plastered. An alternative is a paint on membrane from Mapei.