CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Area (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   SMG Softare Update (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12667)

Heisenburg 22-10-2014 08:44 PM

SMG Softare Update

Got this done at BMW last week, who also updated the engine software while they were at it.

Just wondering if these two updates go hand-in-hand, and if the engine update is likely to affect any existing remapping to the car?

Cheers

Paddy

Clubber 22-10-2014 09:36 PM

Is this a new update that came out or the last one and you just updated it ?

Heisenburg 22-10-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clubber (Post 175081)
Is this a new update that came out or the last one and you just updated it ?

Just the last one.

adem.csl 23-10-2014 12:42 AM

If bmw do gearbox and engine ecu together it will wipe any remap you have had!evolve will reinstall their map free of charge but not sure on other tuners!!

I had update 9 this year and only got Gearbox Software update on its own by Gareth at bartletts as i don't have the software!!

Its very agressive and very quick once updated s5 is now s3 and the new s5 is even quicker gearchange and the down shift blip rev range has changed making a more agressive blip when changing down gear!!

Heisenburg 23-10-2014 06:56 AM

Cheers Adam...thought as much.

My limiter was also previously removed...do you know if this is likely to be affected also?

Trawler 23-10-2014 07:04 AM

Maybe a silly question, but why are BMW updating the software on a ten year old car? Is the software update for the E46 M3 in general, or just for the csl?

Reluctant to update as I'm happy with mine on road/track and especially when parking as I have only inches to play with. It's like parking in between two cars with another one parked close on the other side of the road.

digi 24-10-2014 03:29 PM

is it called version 9? I'm not sure which version I'm running, but if there is a new one GREAT!:thumbs:

adem.csl 24-10-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digi (Post 175160)
is it called version 9? I'm not sure which version I'm running, but if there is a new one GREAT!:thumbs:

I don't know if its called version 9'but its the 9th outta a maximum 14 darren at bartletts told me.

Im extremely happy with mine

Not sure but bmw may have reset your limiter heisenburg?you will have to try it!

Rutkowski 25-10-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trawler (Post 175101)
Maybe a silly question, but why are BMW updating the software on a ten year old car? Is the software update for the E46 M3 in general, or just for the csl?

Reluctant to update as I'm happy with mine on road/track and especially when parking as I have only inches to play with. It's like parking in between two cars with another one parked close on the other side of the road.

if it is a better software, why not? this is a difference between BMW and i.e a Ford company... I'm glad that I have the SMG M3

Khantouch 25-10-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenburg (Post 175076)
Got this done at BMW last week, who also updated the engine software while they were at it.

Just wondering if these two updates go hand-in-hand, and if the engine update is likely to affect any existing remapping to the car?

Cheers

Paddy

Is there any charge for the update or is it completed routine whilst in for work?