CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Area (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Brake upgrade (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20)

Optimus_CSL 21-09-2007 09:57 PM

Brake upgrade

Now I have decided not to sell my CSL (could not find anything worth replacing it with other than spending 30k more and getting a GT3 RS which I am not sure I could live with day to day anyway!) I am looking into upgrading the brakes for sure.

From the brief look I have had over in the BM3W site I think I am going to go for OEM disks, DS2500 pads and upgraded hoses. I do not plan on doing any track days so cannot see the point of paying the premium for the full AP setup but think the above is a reasonable compromise of cost and performance.

Any comments or advice on this setup? :notworthy:

Ta, Nick

neil 21-09-2007 10:02 PM

I have braided hoses and Pagid yellow R29 pads on mine, its fine on track but squeaks a bit round town :thumbs:

Give that a go first, its the stage 1 brake mod!

I think going for the AP upgrade is prolly worthwhile if you plan on driving a lot of fast tracks (like Spa) I plan on going to the ring a couple of times but its been said that stock CSL brakes are fine there as its a flowing circuit.

Optimus_CSL 21-09-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5LFU
I have braided hoses and Pagid 29 pads on mine, its fine on track but squeaks a bit round town :thumbs:

Give that a go first, its the stage 1 brake mod!

If you do not mind me asking but why Pagid 29's, my garage has advised me the DS2500 are the way to go?

Mark CSL 21-09-2007 10:06 PM

Re: Brake upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus_CSL
Now I have decided not to sell my CSL (could not find anything worth replacing it with other than spending 30k more and getting a GT3 RS which I am not sure I could live with day to day anyway!) I am looking into upgrading the brakes for sure.

From the brief look I have had over in the BM3W site I think I am going to go for OEM disks, DS2500 pads and upgraded hoses. I do not plan on doing any track days so cannot see the point of paying the premium for the full AP setup but think the above is a reasonable compromise of cost and performance.

Ta, Nick

Hi Nick
WELCOME

I have the hoses and the castrol srf and standard pads.
And lap Knockhill in 1.01sec with no fade i would not wast the money on the DS2500 pads

Mark

neil 21-09-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

If you do not mind me asking but why Pagid 29's, my garage has advised me the DS2500 are the way to go?

The previous owner fitted them. I also know a few CSL owners who have gone this route, they can also be fitted at the dealer.

Mark CSL 21-09-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Ta, Nick

I can get you a price for discs Nick from bmw i get a good discount
if you would like?
This is what the forum is all about.
Helping all CSL owners.

Optimus_CSL 22-09-2007 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark csl
Quote:

Ta, Nick

if you would like?
Helping all CSL owners.

If you could Mark that would be great. :thumbs:

BTW - still not fitted the steering wheel I bought of you a fe wmonths ago. Whilst I was was toying with the idea of selling it, I decided o hold off. The gear lever was an absolute doddle to replace though, the old one came off without even trying however there is a long way to go before I start trying anything much more adventurous!!

Mark CSL 22-09-2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark csl
Quote:

Ta, Nick

if you would like?
Helping all CSL owners.

If you could Mark that would be great. :thumbs:

BTW - still not fitted the steering wheel I bought of you a fe wmonths ago. Whilst I was was toying with the idea of selling it, I decided o hold off. The gear lever was an absolute doddle to replace though, the old one came off without even trying however there is a long way to go before I start trying anything much more adventurous!!

I remember you now. keep the new steering wheel for when you sell the csl. you will sell the old 1 no probs as the m3 fans want them.