CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Homecoming Tour 2013 to Munich (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9839)

shimmy 10-02-2013 09:28 PM

The Homecoming Tour 2013 to Munich

Finally it is time to provide the detail to our trip to Munich in May 2013. I have been hanging back a little waiting as we do still have a couple of confirmations to receive from BMW (M Division) but I think we are all going anyway, and if there are some changes to the schedule, we’ll all just have to live with it and spend more time drinking and chatting about rubbish!

Our plans for the CSL 10th year anniversary trip to Munich (The Homecoming Tour) is confirmed and below we have the planned schedule of events.
Please SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD relevant if you are thinking of coming to read any updates:

Saturday 25th May
8.00pm ish latest – Meet in Munich for unofficial dinner/drinks starting at Leonardo Hotel

Sunday 26th May
9.00am – Photoshoot at BMW Welt with ALL CSLs
10.00am - BMW Welt tours (40 min tours for 140 persons at 10am/11am/1pm)
10.00am – 1.40pm – BMW Museum tours (at your own leisure)
2.00pm+ - Lunch and afternoon drinks in the Park
8.00pm – Homecoming Tour Charity Dinner and Auction in memory of Andy Pressland (Leonardo Hotel 3 course €39/person). Raffle prizes will be substantial so bring money.
Midnight – singles go to strip bars and couples go home and Northern Jim goes here….. http://www.nyclub.de/

Monday 27th May
9.00am - BMW Production Facility Tours (details tbc)
11.00am – BMW M Studio visit with lunch (details tbc)
2.00pm - Photos and meet at Maisach BMW
3.00pm ish – THE GREAT ESCAPE....Depart for Salzburg via Alpine route! All in a row hmmmmmmm
8.00pn – Dinner with ‘Schnitzel and Strudel’

Tuesday 28th May
8.00am – Trackday at the Salzburgring with BMW M Division (tbc)
12.00noon – Photos
5.00pm - Depart for home or holiday (make your own group arrangements)

This may get tweaked between now and May but the general start and finish times ARE NOW SET. These dates can be used to book travel and accommodation (at your own risk). I still have to introduce any press related activities and organisation but that will come later.

TOURS
Firstly Roland has been a big help on this and without his assistance much would have fallen by the wayside! We have reserved Welt tours for around 150 persons and will adjust as we know numbers. I will presume everybody coming on the day(s) will be coming to the Welt tour where places are available. Costs for these tours are currently on the head of the individual. Typical costs are €15 per person per museum tour but not payable until we get there. If you are booked on the trip and for some reason you don’t want to do any tours please let me know.

ACCOMMODATION in MUNICH
Primary Hotel (2 nights, Saturday 25th to Monday 27th May)
Leonardo Royal Hotel
I have a set deal which includes a room + buffet breakfast for single and double or twin rooms. Leonardo Royal is ½ km walk from BMW HQ/Museum and BMW Welt next to the Olympic Park, and a taxi/underground journey from the centre of Munich.
You can call the reservations on or email to book a room with credit card (it is still refundable until 22nd May 2013).
To read about and BOOK your MUNICH accommodation in more detail please read here:
http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134823#post134823

ACCOMODATION in SALZBURG
Primary Hotel (one night Monday 27th to Tuesday 28th May)
Thanks to trawler for organising, and for most of you hopefully you will be going into the Salzburgring either for fun or to do the "sightseeing drive" around the Circuit. Accommodation can be read about and booked on the link below, kindly arranged by Trawler. We may also have a sort of arranged evening meal or drinks but it might be easier to just do our own thing as by then we will be trig to avoid those of us that get on our nerves.
If booked, we strongly suggest that you have a cancellation agreement for the room at least end March so that if the trackday falls through you can get your hard earned wonga back.
You can read about and book HERE:
http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134825#post134825

Sightseeing Drive at the SALZBURGRING
The last but by no means least activity is the exciting and fantastic day at the Salzburgring in Austria on Tuesday 28th May. The day is reserved with Salzburgring but we are still finalising details and costs including how to pay so bear with us but the plan so far is as follows:
An event to take a trip or two around the Salzburgring.They will be sending 3 drivers each with an E92 for passenger rides and coaching (tbc). This is a full day with a lunch break (TBD either Open pit lane or Sessioned depending on numbers). Prices and details can be read about on the link below.
Read about and book the Salzburgring event here when completed:
[Thread not yet written]

OTHER STUFF
FINALLY, this thread will be updated as will be the links it goes to. You will need to however arrange you own transport, tunnel, crossing, Friday and Tuesday night hotels possibly with whatever group you are travelling with or by yourself J. I suggest you get as flexible a ticket as you can as we still have some stuff to confirm with BMW , which seems to be talking an age.
Let us not forget we have coming with us either in person or as sponsors;

1. Gareth (Giraffe) of Elms BMW Cambridge in a support BMW with parts and M Tech skills
2. Michelin video team recording part of the trip as well as stickers and a charity raffle gift
3. Pistonheads journo Alex in the BMWUK press CSL
4. Castrol Edge might well be involved (talks going on)

Also I am still trying to get some more bits for the Charity Raffle on the Sunday night and other help from (any ideas who might give us a prize or two for charity?)
5. Competition Car Insurance
6. AP Racing
7. Pagid/Questmead/AS Performance etc

MONEY
Some of the tour and trackdays will require payment to be made to me (us) so that we can hold the booking and I will advise further on this thread later. Needless to say that I (we) are doing this as a hobby and take no liability for the plans or your visit and you will need to book and insure yourself independently in case of any accidents, cancellations or other unforeseen situations.

NZ_M3 12-02-2013 01:48 AM

That looks properly awesome Shimmy!!! Immensely jealous :beer: Thanks for all the hard work putting it together!!

I am going to check some prices and see if I can make it over :supz:

sfh3l 12-02-2013 10:37 AM

Looks bloody brilliant Shimmy and clearly you've put a lot of work into it.

I am sad to say that I am 'out' though, as I no longer have a cecil to bring along and I am actually due to be in the Pyrenees that weekend in my Z1. Yes, I know, groovy doors, but they don't make up for rpms!

Have a great time all of you and I shall be thinking of the image of a convoy of CSL's going across the Alps. That would be quite something to see, even better to hear and better still to be part of:notworthy:

Keep on keeping on, you nutters.......

Scrof 13-02-2013 03:50 PM

*lurks*

Evening all. Just thought I'd stick my head up to say hello.

My name's Alex, and I'm the chap who'll be joining you all from PistonHeads. Looking forward to doing so enormously, and of course to the honour of bringing BMW's own CSL along for the ride. I'll be joined on the trip by my snapper Tom, who'll doubtless be spending some time hanging out of windows, lurking behind Armco, and taking pictures of your car wherever possible. When and where we'll be joining the group, we haven't worked out just yet, but when we know I'll try and update the post here.

For now, though, hello, and Tom & I look forward to meeting you all somewhere in Europe!

CraigMillwardCroft 13-02-2013 03:58 PM

Looks the dogs danglies, very proffesional Shimmy cannot wait for May :thumbs:

billyboysm3 13-02-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrof (Post 135324)
*lurks*

My name's Alex, and I'm the chap who'll be joining you all from PistonHeads. Looking forward to doing so enormously, and of course to the honour of bringing BMW's own CSL along for the ride. I'll be joined on the trip by my snapper Tom, who'll doubtless be spending some time hanging out of windows, lurking behind Armco, and taking pictures of your car wherever possible. When and where we'll be joining the group, we haven't worked out just yet, but when we know I'll try and update the post here.

For now, though, hello, and Tom & I look forward to meeting you all somewhere in Europe!

Thanks for joining us. Would be good if you guy's can make it to the Ring on Friday then a bite to eat in the evening!

If you need anything give us all a shout.

shimmy 13-02-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

*lurks*

Superb, welcome.

Ill try to keep VBH out of your way ;)

glendog74 13-02-2013 07:25 PM

Welcome Alex :thumbs:

NBTBRV8 13-02-2013 07:35 PM

I wish I could go to, but it is a long way from Aus, so I look forward to seeing the photos. What number of people and cars have confirmed?

adem.csl 13-02-2013 09:09 PM

oh man shimmy.why did ya add this line?my mrs wants to go to these places now.

Midnight – singles go to strip bars and couples go home and Northern Jim goes here….. http://www.nyclub.de/

excellent job though well done thanx soo much for the opportunity.i go bed early now soo days go quicker.lmao

Mark CSL 13-02-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NZ_M3 (Post 135018)
That looks properly awesome Shimmy!!! Immensely jealous :beer: Thanks for all the hard work putting it together!!

I am going to check some prices and see if I can make it over :supz:

Go on Tom book a flight you can jump in with me in the CSL :thumbs:
You know you want to after all you are one of the biggest CSL fans i know :hahaha:

Quote:

*lurks*

Welcome Alex it should be a blast and i am sure there will be a great read and pictures after the event :thumbs::partyman:

E46CSL 14-02-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

*lurks*

Welcome Alex. :beer:

Yanto 14-02-2013 07:06 PM

+1 Welcome Alex, look forward to having you onboard for the:drinkers: trip

shimmy 17-02-2013 12:04 AM

Check this thread out guys.

Expecting to late the schedule this week so keep your eyes open!

APSCSL22 27-02-2013 12:45 PM

Hi Guys,

The Munich homecoming tour looks like a really good trip.

Me and my son are thinking of coming along to this event.
How many CSL's are booked up for this event???

When do we need to confirm our booking by ???

Cheers,

Vern

shimmy 27-02-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APSCSL22 (Post 136453)
Hi Guys,

The Munich homecoming tour looks like a really good trip.

Me and my son are thinking of coming along to this event.
How many CSL's are booked up for this event???

When do we need to confirm our booking by ???

Cheers,

Vern

Vern

Read this thread on confirmed names and numbers.

http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9840

The later you confirm, the more chance of tour places are gone, but that doesnt mean you cant come

what about also coming to the trackday at Salzburg?

APSCSL22 27-02-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 136455)
Vern

Read this thread on confirmed names and numbers.

http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9840

The later you confirm, the more chance of tour places are gone, but that doesnt mean you cant come

what about also coming to the trackday at Salzburg?

We would defo be up for the Trackday event at Salzburg !!!

robmug 27-02-2013 05:58 PM

Well, having already mentioned this to Shimmy, I'm having to withdraw from this trip.

There's a few reasons, but flying back from Houston on the Saturday is certainly one of the more major ones!

I really hope you all have a great time, and that we can get some UK Anniversary meets organised too this year.

Trawler 27-02-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APSCSL22 (Post 136457)
We would defo be up for the Trackday event at Salzburg !!!

Great. Don't forget to book the hotels if you have not already done so. Links can be found under 'Events'

shimmy 13-03-2013 06:01 PM

HOORAY

just got booking details from Salzburgring and we are just finalising costs.

Will have Salzburgring bookings available in a couple of days but now confident enough to say IT'S ON!

need4speed 13-03-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 137697)
HOORAY

just got booking details from Salzburgring and we are just finalising costs.

Will have Salzburgring bookings available in a couple of days but now confident enough to say IT'S ON!

Great news Shimmy :thumbs:

shimmy 22-03-2013 12:45 PM

SALZBURGRING BOOKINGS OPEN NOW. do not delay!

http://www.cslregister.com/forum/sho...511#post138511

chicken 04-04-2013 07:14 PM

im ready!

http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws...0a9f1320_7.jpg

shimmy 04-04-2013 07:24 PM

Cool........doesn't mention CSL

chicken 04-04-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 139920)

true, blame sailorbaz ;)

sailorbaz 04-04-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicken (Post 139921)
true, blame sailorbaz ;)

I've your sticker at home mate, admittedly it's not what I asked for but it's a sticker with your name, flag and CSL written on it. Can send it out to you when I get back from offshore if you pm me your address.

Neil M 06-04-2013 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmy (Post 139920)

Ha, ha, it's non denominational, so Jim could have one, seeing as he frequents on a regular basis :-D
No 7:50 either, don't want to set any precedents. 'Helmut' sticker that does mention 'CSL' also available

Nice one chicken it all makes sense now.

Neil M 06-04-2013 11:56 AM

Sorry boys - lost my tinternet connection as I posted!

DuncanR 08-04-2013 08:24 PM

Well done to Shimmy and all the others who have helped put this together and bring it from a forum comment to reality. Very easy to sit back and assume that "someone" will pop up and organise something of this undertaking, but that someone needs to know what they are doing, and be organised, and methodical in all their documentation, be a negotiator, and a communicator etc., and for those reasons....I was out !!:hahaha:

I do have a spare seat in my car, but it will be a rough ride ... oh and my suspension is a hard ride too .. and the race seats, but if anyone is that desperate, they can jump in ! I am booked on Tunnel Friday 24th May 7:20 depart Note : there are NO REAR SEATS in my car, and its caged so baggage limit is a small sized condom, short handled tooth brush, and share my toothpaste, room needed for more important stuff like Cups etc.:thumbs:

karbonkid 08-04-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuncanR (Post 140361)
I do have a spare seat in my car, but it will be a rough ride ... oh and my suspension is a hard ride too .. and the race seats, but if anyone is that desperate, they can jump in ! I am booked on Tunnel Friday 24th May 7:20 depart Note : there are NO REAR SEATS in my car, and its caged so baggage limit is a small sized condom, short handled tooth brush, and share my toothpaste, room needed for more important stuff like Cups etc.:thumbs:

Dunc apart from the rough ride, im not sure anyone will be able to stand the jokes. ;)

DuncanR 09-04-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karbonkid (Post 140364)
Dunc apart from the rough ride, im not sure anyone will be able to stand the jokes. ;)

I offer kindness .. and I get a slap in the face ! no pleasing some ! ... you best hope you dont need a lift out there now Alex me lad ! Im in for some pads so will post on thread. Answer ya mobile !

Phatgixer 10-04-2013 12:18 AM

Where and when is the extension trip to Mugello?

streightsix 11-04-2013 01:29 PM

Change of (my) plans...

Right f*#k it, not flying to Munich any more, just booked the ferry for another csl!
Only need to find a bed on the out & return legs when I get home tonight - did Munich Hotel ages ago...
No changes required on numbers for TD's etc... still johny-no-mates :-D

Also going to ask if I can borrow the camera we use on our race bike for some gratuitous csl photo vids ;-)

Would like to join the shimmy appreciation society too :notworthy: awesome job - like herding cats mate :beer:

karbonkid 11-04-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streightsix (Post 140651)
Right f*#k it, not flying to Munich any more, just booked the ferry for another csl!
Only need to find a bed on the out & return legs when I get home tonight - did Munich Hotel ages ago...

Also going to ask if I can borrow the camera we use on our race bike for some gratuitous csl photo vids ;-)

Would like to join the shimmy appreciation society too :notworthy: awesome job - like herding cats mate :beer:

:hahaha: I knew you'd come to your senses John! I hope im not to blame.

P.s you Ring'ing on the way out and return?

shimmy 11-04-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phatgixer (Post 140541)
Where and when is the extension trip to Mugello?

(secret!)

streightsix 11-04-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karbonkid (Post 140652)
:hahaha: I knew you'd come to your senses John! I hope im not to blame.

P.s you Ring'ing on the way out and return?

Thank you for ur broad shoulders but no, all my own doing!
Change of plans at work and I couldnt live with myself for missing this...
Also blew up an engine and didnt make Paul Ricard, Imola is still on for next week though - woohoo!
...and yes I think we can expect my 'Ring Virginity to go...:eeek:

CraigMillwardCroft 11-04-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streightsix (Post 140658)
Thank you for ur broad shoulders but no, all my own doing!
Change of plans at work and I couldnt live with myself for missing this...
Also blew up an engine and didnt make Paul Ricard, Imola is still on for next week though - woohoo!
...and yes I think we can expect my 'Ring Virginity to go...:eeek:

The will get the man train behind you then :gayfight:

shimmy 11-04-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streightsix (Post 140651)

Does that mean you ARE doing the trAckday :):smokin:

northernjim 11-04-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuncanR (Post 140361)
Well done to Shimmy and all the others who have helped put this together and bring it from a forum comment to reality. Very easy to sit back and assume that "someone" will pop up and organise something of this undertaking, but that someone needs to know what they are doing, and be organised, and methodical in all their documentation, be a negotiator, and a communicator etc., and for those reasons....I was out !!:hahaha:

Shimmy will certainly make someone a good secretary one day :beer:

mattCSLnut 11-04-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernjim (Post 140664)
Shimmy will certainly make someone a good secretary one day :beer:

:hahaha: :thumbs: :hahaha: