CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Area (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Schrick (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12727)

adem.csl 07-11-2014 08:09 AM

Schrick

Who would be best to advise me on schrick cams?
My cams may be gone and im not waiting on bmw so want to work out whats the best schrick combo!
I found a 12.5mm exhaust cam and 14mm inlet cam wondered how these will work?

trackm3 07-11-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 175712)
Who would be best to advise me on schrick cams?
My cams may be gone and im not waiting on bmw so want to work out whats the best schrick combo!
I found a 12.5mm exhaust cam and 14mm inlet cam wondered how these will work?

I would think that the 14mm lift will be tight on pistons clearance ? 280/288 12.5mm is the easiest option but you wont see much of a gain over the std CSL cams.

adem.csl 07-11-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackm3 (Post 175715)
I would think that the 14mm lift will be tight on pistons clearance ? 280/288 12.5mm is the easiest option but you wont see much of a gain over the std CSL cams.

Morning Martin i don't necessary want the gain its more i don't want to wait 2 years for bmw to build me cams
So not in it for gains more the alternative to waiting indefinately.

trackm3 07-11-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 175716)
Morning Martin i don't necessary want the gain its more i don't want to wait 2 years for bmw to build me cams

Then 280/288 12.5mm lift and new Rockers £££!!! :bigcry:

shimmy 07-11-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 175716)

id be tempted to park it at Elms and have a free drive of 430M for 2 years.

billyboysm3 07-11-2014 03:15 PM

.... I nearly posted my true thoughts on this matter

phoenixcsl 07-11-2014 03:23 PM

Adem,

I've got the Schrick 288/280 cams in my CSL, 12.5mm lift.

For pretty much the same reasons why you want them, BMW were quoting me over 9 months lead time at an estimate at the beginning of the year as I had issues with my standard cams, sounds to me like they are still making that batch which is absolutely mental.

I think for the 14mm cams, you'll need to change pistons, valve springs and retainers as well as the rocker arms.

When I had mine done, I spoke at great length with Simpsons about it, they said the 14mm lift cams were only good on a proper built race engine and not worth it on a road car unless you've lunched the motor.

If you want a ride in my car you're welcome to come down to Surrey fella.

In fact i've still got the Schrick tech doc with all the S54 cam options if you need it?

0-60Motorsports 07-11-2014 04:39 PM

288/280 with new or old WPC treated followers.

lee 07-11-2014 11:15 PM

I've been told bmw will have the cams by the end of the month

cslsuperfan 08-11-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee (Post 175734)

Billy will be overjoyed:thumbs:

adem.csl 08-11-2014 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixcsl (Post 175724)
Adem,

I've got the Schrick 288/280 cams in my CSL, 12.5mm lift.

For pretty much the same reasons why you want them, BMW were quoting me over 9 months lead time at an estimate at the beginning of the year as I had issues with my standard cams, sounds to me like they are still making that batch which is absolutely mental.

I think for the 14mm cams, you'll need to change pistons, valve springs and retainers as well as the rocker arms.

When I had mine done, I spoke at great length with Simpsons about it, they said the 14mm lift cams were only good on a proper built race engine and not worth it on a road car unless you've lunched the motor.

If you want a ride in my car you're welcome to come down to Surrey fella.

In fact i've still got the Schrick tech doc with all the S54 cam options if you need it?

Thanks very much for your offer.ive been told that the 280/288 cams are the same profile as standard csl oem cams because schrick made the cams for bmw.

Did you notice any power torque difference once you had your schricks fitted?

adem.csl 08-11-2014 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee (Post 175734)

Billies been told HE will have cams by end of but that was a year ago.im not holding my breath on this and im definately not waiting for them

Are you also waiting for a set?

adem.csl 08-11-2014 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboysm3 (Post 175723)
.... I nearly posted my true thoughts on this matter

Pm me your true thoughts please dude!

lee 08-11-2014 08:47 AM

Yes they have never given me a date until now so fingers crossed the cams are on way it's been over 18 months now

billyboysm3 08-11-2014 09:08 AM

For me this is the 6th date.

But they said the cams had passed testing now BMW uk said yesterday that they are still testing them?

I really hope it will be this month.

Did your local BMW dealer tell your or did BMW uk tell you they will be ready?

They still will not put it in writing or guarantee it.

lee 08-11-2014 10:44 AM

Just had a email from the dealer in the week but this is the 1st time I've had good news apart from "bmw don't have any cams they need to make some and don't know when it will be"

shimmy 08-11-2014 11:02 AM

prob best to get them around march if you could choose!

adem.csl 08-11-2014 01:45 PM

This is becoming a mine field no one actually knows anything solid.roy at ca is saying he's been waiting 5 months for cams from schrick and he should receive them January.he also said this which is bmw won't have cams cos schrick haven't made the cams and schrick make the csl cams for bmw.so if schrick won't supply bmw with cams they sure ain't bending over for tuning companies are they?
Ca also reckon that the 288/280 are a standard csl profile cam not an upgraded set?any truth?
Second query is that bmw said the company they commissioned to make the cams went bust hence no cams so they have got a new company to produce cams that aledgedly have been failing up till now.

My question is when i get to bmw and they tell me the cams are dead where do i go from there?schrick have no cams till jan.bmw have no cams at all in my opinion otherwise billy would have his lump by now.im stuck!

alexk 08-11-2014 01:56 PM

Shall we all order cams so as they finally produce them ?

I will order a set so as I have them in 2 years.

billyboysm3 08-11-2014 02:01 PM

Your basically screwed. But it if schrick are making them then hopefully you won't have a long wait. But least you get courtesy car over winter.

So maybe after a 16 month wait the car will be ready to drive in the snow.

billyboysm3 08-11-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexk (Post 175758)
Shall we all order cams so as they finally produce them ?

I will order a set so as I have them in 2 years.

Yes we do need to. I'm going to order a set

Marv968 08-11-2014 02:05 PM

How much are they for a pair?

adem.csl 08-11-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboysm3 (Post 175759)
Your basically screwed. But it if schrick are making them then hopefully you won't have a long wait. But least you get courtesy car over winter.

So maybe after a 16 month wait the car will be ready to drive in the snow.

Could you imagine me waiting 16 months? I would hire a mini bus get a load of big Turks run to germany and lift that museum piece out and say you can have it when i get my cams!

cslsuperfan 08-11-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem.csl (Post 175763)
Could you imagine me waiting 16 months? I would hire a mini bus get a load of big Turks run to germany and lift that museum piece out and say you can have it when i get my cams!

Adem

you mentioned earlier your cams might need replacing

What are the symptoms? other than the obvious knocking

Is there a subtle issue that is the beginning of a cam problem.

_Nathan_ 08-11-2014 09:21 PM

I thought CSL cams were 272/280?

If someone wants to buy me some shrick cams I'll do a swap with my CSL ones :thumbs:

Monkey 09-11-2014 09:14 AM

Last time I got some CSL cams from Shrick they said they were in stock on ordering, then ended up waiting 4 months I think. Still quicker than BMW though!

Neil M 09-11-2014 11:21 AM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...+cams&_sacat=0

adem.csl 09-11-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslsuperfan (Post 175766)
Adem

you mentioned earlier your cams might need replacing

What are the symptoms? other than the obvious knocking

Is there a subtle issue that is the beginning of a cam problem.

Ive developed an erratic idle that drops low enough to almost cut out but no it starts with a slight tick 3-5 times then clears.as it gets hot the ticking becomes more regular into a full on loud tap as if hitting 2 spoons together!

Don't forget this happened at 70k due to oil starvation top end so at 74k i know exactly whats about to happen so i nursed the car home by that time it was too late.this is what you get when you fit a worn cam to new rockers!poor show bmw thanks again!!

adem.csl 09-11-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Nathan_ (Post 175771)
I thought CSL cams were 272/280?

If someone wants to buy me some shrick cams I'll do a swap with my CSL ones :thumbs:

You are correct.martin trackm3 has found valuable info that backs this up so the 280/288 are the upgrade and not stock csl profile.otherwise who would spend £2k with schrick for stock cams in a csl
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-38...25mm-lift.aspx

adem.csl 09-11-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkey (Post 175775)
Last time I got some CSL cams from Shrick they said they were in stock on ordering, then ended up waiting 4 months I think. Still quicker than BMW though!

Did you order direct from schrick?

billyboysm3 09-11-2014 01:54 PM

Omg my head is going to explode!!!!!!!!

So are we saying shrick make the cams for the Csl now as the previous supplier is no longer?

Is this inside info or is it as easy as ring up, ask for them, pay and get them before BMW can supply them?

shimmy 09-11-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboysm3 (Post 175791)

So are we saying shrick make the cams for the Csl now as the previous supplier is no longer?

Is this inside info or is it as easy as ring up, ask for them, pay and get them before BMW can supply them?

schrick have always made them :banghead:

adem.csl 09-11-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboysm3 (Post 175791)

Yeah schrick have always made them it appears you been fed bollox.i bet you they are too busy with this years f1 to fuck around for thousands for bmw!
http://www.schrick.com/?clang=1

billyboysm3 09-11-2014 05:02 PM

Ok so if shrick have always made them why has it taken them more than 18months to get some made for BMW.

If mine are not complete this month I am gojng legal.

alexk 09-11-2014 07:24 PM

Not enough customers have ordered to meet the minimum number for the production batch ?

I am going to order a set tomorrow.
Maybe I will help you get yours quicker.

adem.csl 09-11-2014 07:29 PM

Like i said while they are making millions of pounds worth of engines and alms units for the f1 teams the little man ain't getting shit!!same with ap when they have a season on its a nitemare gettin kits lol

billyboysm3 09-11-2014 08:27 PM

Can anyone with any inside info find out how many need to be ordered.

shimmy 09-11-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboysm3 (Post 175815)
Can anyone with any inside info find out how many need to be ordered.

worldwide?

adem.csl 09-11-2014 10:05 PM

Divine intervention needed here!!!
2 weeks the f1 season ends you will see cams by Xmas for sure!!

_Nathan_ 09-11-2014 10:53 PM

It's doubt it had got nothing to do with F1, they'll be mentally busy on next years cars / test parts already. Honda have been building next year's engine for years as an example.

Interesting thought - if the warranty claim cost includes courtesy cars and the warranty only covers up to purchase price then it can't be far from the warranty claim value limit being exceeded? As far as I can work out, Bmw don't have any obligation to provide parts anyway now the cars are so old? What happens? Can they (not will they, this is just hypothetical) just turn round and say claim limit exceeded, you're on your own?