CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   First Trackday (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15028)

Mike R 14-09-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 204013)
. Cheers mike , Yes your right .... Just ordered online,a pair of pss4s 265/30/19 quick fit mobile service. £368 , seems a good price ,, if I decide to use csl wheels,, couldn’t get a deal on cups ,, not sure what these will be like on track , ??

Watch this :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMv64liOqIE

Should answer the above for you :).

Chad 25-09-2018 06:42 PM

Hopefully all set ,, new disc’s all round fitted. I think old were just a bit to far gone to run hot ,, new rs 29 front and back ,, New brake hoses fitted,, castrol race brake fluid, new rear PS4’s near new front , flushed through new red power steering fluid dexron 11 d ,,as I Don’t remember ever changing that in the past :whistle: I’m hoping these rs29 pads don’t mess up the csl wheels :banghead: not to mention the new head gasket, new piston rings,new rod shells only 125 miles back...suppose you can just keep spending, hope it’s enough for now :smokin: have I missed anything important ,, ??? DRIVER :whistle:

Mike R 26-09-2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 204051)
Hopefully all set ,, new disc’s all round fitted. I think old were just a bit to far gone to run hot ,, new rs 29 front and back ,, New brake hoses fitted,, castrol race brake fluid, new rear PS4’s near new front , flushed through new red power steering fluid dexron 11 d ,,as I Don’t remember ever changing that in the past :whistle: I’m hoping these rs29 pads don’t mess up the csl wheels :banghead: not to mention the new head gasket, new piston rings,new rod shells only 125 miles back...suppose you can just keep spending, hope it’s enough for now :smokin: have I missed anything important ,, ??? DRIVER :whistle:

They won't mess up the wheels providing you don't let the dust get hot and wet. But this is the same with all performance brake pads - just clean the wheels as soon as possible. If you can, apply a good coat of wax polish and some wheel protection stuff. If budget/time allows, have them ceramic coated for ultimate protection :).

If they have instructors there, don't be afraid to use them. If it is your first time at the track, do a few laps by yourself first to get familiar with the layout and once you know which way you're next going to be turning, get an instructor on board to show you the lines :smokin:.

If it is a twisty circuit, don't be worried about a bit of power steering fluid in evidence seeping from the reservoir cap - it gets hot and can boil, which means you get a bit of leakage (especially if you have just topped it right up) and that is normal.

Just pray for good weather, as that will make it less nerve wracking and all the more enjoyable (unless they allow drifting :whistle: ) :supz:.

Chad 26-09-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike R (Post 204057)
They won't mess up the wheels providing you don't let the dust get hot and wet. But this is the same with all performance brake pads - just clean the wheels as soon as possible. If you can, apply a good coat of wax polish and some wheel protection stuff. If budget/time allows, have them ceramic coated for ultimate protection :).

If they have instructors there, don't be afraid to use them. If it is your first time at the track, do a few laps by yourself first to get familiar with the layout and once you know which way you're next going to be turning, get an instructor on board to show you the lines :smokin:.

If it is a twisty circuit, don't be worried about a bit of power steering fluid in evidence seeping from the reservoir cap - it gets hot and can boil, which means you get a bit of leakage (especially if you have just topped it right up) and that is normal.

Just pray for good weather, as that will make it less nerve wracking and all the more enjoyable (unless they allow drifting :whistle: ) :supz:.

thanks mike definitely going to do wax on wheels ,, I think we may even have some ceramic coating :thumbs: would have liked to try some chf11 in the steering system. Just haven’t had the time to do it yet. From memory I’m sure it has a wider temp range

Chad 28-09-2018 10:38 AM

Morning all ,, did the bedding in process on rs29 ,, hopefully done correctly. What I noticed on stage 2 hard braking after 3-5 runs. Brakes felt like they were binding is this about normal. Until they cooled off that took a good 5 mins,, I’m guessing they just got that hot. ,,?? Could here disc’s pinging,,?? I’ll check hand brake isn’t running to tight. Road use always have that adjusted to about 3 clicks do you run handbrake a bit loose as brakes are running hotter??

Mike R 01-10-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 204064)
Morning all ,, did the bedding in process on rs29 ,, hopefully done correctly. What I noticed on stage 2 hard braking after 3-5 runs. Brakes felt like they were binding is this about normal. Until they cooled off that took a good 5 mins,, I’m guessing they just got that hot. ,,?? Could here disc’s pinging,,?? I’ll check hand brake isn’t running to tight. Road use always have that adjusted to about 3 clicks do you run handbrake a bit loose as brakes are running hotter??

I'm on APs all round, so can't comment, as I have never experienced the standard brakes. Never had issue with handbrake though.....

Chad 01-10-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike R (Post 204070)
I'm on APs all round, so can't comment, as I have never experienced the standard brakes. Never had issue with handbrake though.....

Another thought I’ve had today, Is as disc’s and pads are new ,, there’s only about 2 or 3 mm when fitted with pistons full in. So with heat expansion new pads and disc binding! ,, hopefully will wear a little when used, And they will run free when they heat up again :smokin:

Chad 03-10-2018 04:26 PM

Thanks chaps for advice brake pad fluid etccc. Brakes performed great no problems At my pace could easily do 8-10 laps no problem,, front tyres. We’re definitely not the best Part worn 3 year old pilot sport,, new rear pilot sports 4s were no problem with my ability,, Definitely would like to have tried some new cup tyres,, Car was great all day. :smokin:

Mike R 04-10-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 204074)
Thanks chaps for advice brake pad fluid etccc. Brakes performed great no problems At my pace could easily do 8-10 laps no problem,, front tyres. We’re definitely not the best Part worn 3 year old pilot sport,, new rear pilot sports 4s were no problem with my ability,, Definitely would like to have tried some new cup tyres,, Car was great all day. :smokin:

So glad you enjoyed it, the CSL is an amazing car on track and it comes alive here. I really can't express enough how it goes up to another level with the Cup tyres on, it really is other worldly on the tyres it was designed for :).

Keep using it and you will soon learn that it is like big go-kart :supz:.

CraigMillwardCroft 04-10-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike R (Post 204075)
So glad you enjoyed it, the CSL is an amazing car on track and it comes alive here. I really can't express enough how it goes up to another level with the Cup tyres on, it really is other worldly on the tyres it was designed for :).

Keep using it and you will soon learn that it is like big go-kart :supz:.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: