PDA

View Full Version : rear limiter kits

cslsmiffy
07-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Me and a friend have just developed a limiter kit for the e46 m3 and csl, After getting fed up with our cars steering from the rear and spoiling a superb car as well as wearing rear bushes out early and causing uneven tyre wear, We had a look at limiter kits and poly bushes and thought we could do better , So we have developed our own kits and are selling them for £70 delivered, They are easy to fit only taking about an hour and with just a few tools , You will need a jack and stands or better still the use of a ramp, They come with full fitting kit and instructions, Our kits do not make any strange noises and wil transform the handling of your car, It wil be the best £70 you will spend on your car, (will post some pics of kits up very soon) any one interested let me know, Cheers Tim,

benCSL
07-01-2009, 07:36 PM
i am interested, i wait for the pics.

cslsmiffy
16-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Pics of kits will be posted early next week , Cheers Tim

Andyk
16-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Look forward to seeing them Tim.....not got the limiter kit yet.

bryce
16-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Sounds good.

Does this kit sort the rear snakey / torque steer feel you get under hard acceleration? What warranty do you offer?

cslsmiffy
17-01-2009, 10:00 AM
It completly transforms the car the rear torque steer goes completly and because of that the steering feels so much better even at lower speeds as the rear is being held tight, It makes the car feel so much nicer to drive, Cheers tim

bryce
17-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Cool. I desperately need to sort this problem with my car, it annoys me something rotten. Having to counter steer under hard accel. wears a bit thin!

Whats your kit made of? Im not keen on the poly kits as they allow no movement at all. BMW obviously made it for some tollerance of movement, otherwise their bushes would be soild too.

Looking forward to the pics.

_Nathan_
17-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Bryce - I'm not sure you understand what a limiter kit is?

It doesn't replace the BMW bush, simply stops excessive sideways play so the bush lasts longer and is better located. Turner Motorsport have been selling these for years, I imagine it'll be made of ali. You get new BMW bushes and fit them with the limiter plated either side - look for a pic on the turner website.

PS. Poly kits do allow some movement, rose joints don't - the only reason for allowing any squidgyness is for NVH reasons, the best solution for handling is to have it solid so you don't get any unwanted toe change under load.

bryce
17-01-2009, 02:34 PM
_Nathan_

Thanks Nathan,

I understand what the limiter kits are though - think my post was maybe a little mis-leading - Id prefer a LK over poly bushes because of the lack of movement with PBs.

Im just asking what its made from and awaiting pics to see how it differs (and can be any better) than the kits offered by the likes of Turner and Simpsons.

Thanks anyway though :)

cslsmiffy
17-01-2009, 02:41 PM
With the standerd bushes and no limiter kit fitted even new bushes will still move , If you where to lift your car on a ramp and put a lever bar in where bush fits and move sidewards you would be amazed at the amount of movement in the wheel ,The limiter kit stops most of movement but not all so you dont spoil the ride buy it being to hard (as with polly bushes) but you do loose that horrible rear steering feel you get , Our bushes are made of toughened nylon so they will not were at all and as we use the shape of the of the brackets (they have a raised section on either side of bush bracket) to hold them in place you get no crunchihg noises from the rear of the car (which you do get with the fixed type kits) and they are very easy to fit , As for warrenty these buses will last as long as the car and they will make your bushes and rear tyres last longer as the forces on them is greatly reduced thanks to the limiter kit , Cheers Tim

_Nathan_
17-01-2009, 04:01 PM
My mistake Bryce, thought he was just selling a limiter kit not new bushes as well.

Andyk
17-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the above Tim as my concern was the ride quality for passenger in the rear.

bryce
21-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Pics yet?

cslsmiffy
22-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Sorry for the delay, We have been prepairing detailed fitting instrutions with lots of pictures to make them very easy for peaple to do the fitting them self , will deffo be pics of full kit by weekend, Cheers Tim,

Windowlicker
23-01-2009, 09:31 PM
:smt015 :smt064 Come on :whistle: :hahaha:

Andyk
24-01-2009, 05:29 AM
:hahaha: :hahaha: :whistle:

cslsmiffy
24-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Sorry chaps, Deffo today or tomorrow they will be on here, Had to get every thing right, I can guarantee if you buy one of these kits you be 100% chuffed with your purchase and it will be the best £70 mod you will have ever brought, (probally one of best mods you have brought at any price) , Cheers Tim

Windowlicker
24-01-2009, 10:39 AM
C'MON :hahaha:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/puppet.jpg

cslsmiffy
24-01-2009, 11:37 AM
See the new thread, Cheers Tim