PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a shock!

glendog74
05-01-2009, 01:01 PM
I saw this on Pistonheads just now :119: :

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/835520.htm

Blimey Mark, i didn't realise this was yours until i recognised the background was the same as the CSL calendar shot... Do you hanker for another SG one...?! :smt107

Lots of owners seem to be selling their CSLs right now :bigcry:

DazBlackCSL
05-01-2009, 05:00 PM
I know I saw that Mark too .... you leaving the fold :bigcry:

Mark CSL
05-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Yip it is for sale i have had 1 person come and see it but did not have the Cash.
I am in no hurry

I am looking at moving to Australia as this country is fooked :whistle:

So it wont be for a year yet but thought i would test the water :thumbs:

glendog74
05-01-2009, 06:42 PM

Yeah, i tend to agree...

You could always take the CSL out to Oz of course and boost the number of CSLs there! :thumbs:

Andyk
05-01-2009, 07:33 PM
:smt103 :smt103 :bigcry: Can not believe it,,,Good luck with the sale Mark...whoever buys will get a cracker of a CSL.

With you on this country.

csl_mba
06-01-2009, 06:12 PM
So will you keep up the forum if you sell her?

Mark CSL
06-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes unless you lot want it closed :whistle:

If i sell and move away i am sure they have the CSL down under :thumbs:

DazBlackCSL
06-01-2009, 06:52 PM
lol !

That'll be a no then ! Hope you still have her for the group ring trip , keep looking everyday on the site for the dates to be released .

Will ping some options up as soon as I see them.

On another note , a few of my lot are also doing Le Mans , drive down june 10th...

Anyone on here fancy joining us your all welcome , will be getting all the detail soon.

:-D

DazBlackCSL
06-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes unless you lot want it closed :whistle:

If i sell and move away i am sure they have the CSL down under :thumbs:

And web access !! :whistle:

Mark CSL
06-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Yes daz i thing the site is staying OPEN
At the price i want i might have the CSL for some time :hahaha:

glendog74
06-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Hope you still have her for the group ring trip , keep looking everyday on the site for the dates to be released .

The dates come up if you use the manual date search tool within the Track-days section of 'Events':

http://www.nuerburgring.de/Track-days.288.0.html

It still lists as '2006/2007 Nordschleife track-day opening times' but when a search 'from and to' date is input it comes up with times for 2009. I was checking last night to look at dates either side of the MLR Spa trip.

Rob :thumbs:

DazBlackCSL
06-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Ahh Hah .. right will get looking after dinner !! lol

Well found :thumbs:

Only seems to show these dates tho

Ahh sorted it !!

glendog74
06-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Only seems to show these dates tho

It takes a bit of manipulating! :smt017

1. Press the from '...' button to bring up a calendar
2. Hover your cursor over the left/right arrow and press and hold LMB - this will bring up the month drop down menu - move cursor down to select month a/r
3. Close this window and it should have populated the 'from' box
4. Repeat above steps - this time firstly selecting the until '...' button
5. Once both boxes populated press 'show' and they appear below.

Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs but i found it frustrating my first few goes! I noticed that they have added dates up to the end of May 2009 so far... :beer:

DazBlackCSL
06-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Im IN ... ! said the bishop :hahaha:

csl_mba
06-01-2009, 09:13 PM
So when we going? Is it up to individuals to book ferry/hotel?

DazBlackCSL
06-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Need to decide on dates ... thinking July as people wanted it later in the year , but suggest we have a vote on June / July then we can look at the dates in that month and see if we can get something in that suits as many that want to go etc ..

Makes sense to book the shuttle or ferries ourselves saves hassle , I can get a group booking reserved in the hotel once we have exact numbers.

Prob make sense to take a £50 deposit of peeps , and I will sort on my CC if everyone is happy , or we can just book those on our own if people prefer ..

Thoughts Chaps :whistle:

glendog74
06-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Need to decide on dates ...

Thoughts Chaps :whistle:

I think you/we should put this on the CSL Register Ring trip thread! :hahaha:

In answer to your question, i will pretty much do any date but am keen to avoid the Easter weekend and bank holidays (both here and in Germany) for its obvious gate queues and track chaos! :whistle:

DazBlackCSL
06-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Moving Moving Moving .. !! lol
:hahaha:

Will start a new thread as that one was pretty long anyhow !

Mark CSL
07-01-2009, 05:41 PM
It looks like the panic sellers are making people think they can get a CSL for nothing.
I got this e-mail

Hi interested in your car but my budget is in the region of 24k. Less than you are asking but no harm in asking.

if this is something you can accommodate, let me know and we can talk further or keep my details for a later date.

NO THANKS :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

derek
08-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Think yourself lucky Mark :thumbs:

I got offered £17k for my CSL today against a 07 RS4.

Mark CSL
08-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Derek i hope you told him to ram it :hahaha:

Andyk
08-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Think yourself lucky Mark :thumbs:

I got offered £17k for my CSL today against a 07 RS4. :smt103 :smt103 :smt103 :smt103 ...Did they know what it was?????

derek
08-01-2009, 08:18 PM
yes they did, i think the lack of leather electrically adjusted heated seats ,sat nav, metal roof, thick exhaust, quiet engine, smooth gear change, tread on tyres plus a few other minor points decreased the value by about 13k :-D

Andyk
08-01-2009, 08:22 PM
:hahaha:

Radders
09-01-2009, 12:55 PM
It looks like the panic sellers are making people think they can get a CSL for nothing.
I got this e-mail

Hi interested in your car but my budget is in the region of 24k. Less than you are asking but no harm in asking.

if this is something you can accommodate, let me know and we can talk further or keep my details for a later date.

NO THANKS :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

that was me :) can't blame me for trying, i am sure when any of us are buying a car we try and get the best deal :blalalala:

NZ_M3
09-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Mark ... move to New Zealand ... and ship the car to New Zealand - much easier to have it complied here than Australia (and no tax either) - That and it'd help boost the number of CSLs here (I believe we only have 3 black sapphires here ...

houlbt
09-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Sorry to see you are selling up... good luck with the sale, certainly a mint example from what I've heard/read.

derek
09-01-2009, 04:00 PM
got a better one today got offered 11k for my car against a new subaru. 6k depreciation in one day. On sunday i give someone £1k to take the car away before it depreciates to much, at least i'll get the weekend out of it :thumbs:

Mark CSL
09-01-2009, 05:35 PM
got a better one today got offered 11k for my car against a new subaru. 6k depreciation in one day. On sunday i give someone £1k to take the car away before it depreciates to much, at least i'll get the weekend out of it :thumbs:

Cheaky Barstuard :banghead:

Andyk
09-01-2009, 08:33 PM

What a bunch of :clown:

CSK423
10-01-2009, 02:55 AM
Yip it is for sale i have had 1 person come and see it but did not have the Cash.
I am in no hurry

So it wont be for a year yet but thought i would test the water :thumbs:

The land of OZ is something I have been looking at over the past year for much the same reasons !!

Having a construction career makes things alot easier scoring 60 points getting you half way to your VISA :thumbs:

Fuel is around 45p for Unleaded and 60p for DIEsel what I couldn't get though was the price of there cars.

A 2003 CSL 45k miles in the uk goes for approx 30-32k ???

In OZ from a dealer thay are going for over £50k :smt017

Take it with you, it'll probably cost around 5/6k for the CSL to be shipped(£1k for shipment 4/5k on tax etc.) you'lll not be picking one up in hurry at those prices unless your new salary reflects a similar increase, going by what I've seen it roughly reflects like for like.

Good luck with the sale of the car and your proposed move :beer:

Andyk
10-01-2009, 06:52 AM
The one problem with having a fast car in OZ is that the Police do not take kindly to speeding and I believe (sure someone will confirm) the speed limit is very low. The chap I got my CSL from was Australian and he said it was a nightmare......

CSK423
11-01-2009, 03:19 PM
From what I've seen it's around 25mph in a built up areas, opposed to 30mph here, and varies between 40mph and 60mph on main trunk roads.

Motorways between 50mph and 80mph.

So yeah I suppose in general speeds are around 5/10mph below what UK roads would be classed at.

Mark CSL
11-01-2009, 03:50 PM
I am still looking in to the move at the moment and yes i am in the building game so i did get enough points to move i have passed the online test

So i shall look at taking the CSL with me.

Any more inf will be great :thumbs:

derek
11-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Here's more info. Mark you cant take the csl it will be no use in OZ as the carboard floor wont hold the Fosters :thumbs:

Gastro
13-01-2009, 10:08 PM
I am still looking in to the move at the moment and yes i am in the building game so i did get enough points to move i have passed the online test

So i shall look at taking the CSL with me.

Any more inf will be great :thumbs:

It the luxury car import TAX which kills it....... looked into it earlier last year when I had a job offer in Sydney.
To take the 996 TT would have cost me about £50k in TAX :banghead: