PDA

View Full Version : Latest Offering

Neil M
18-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Love the write up!
http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/e46-m3-00-06/bmw-3-series-e46-m3-csl-2004/852226

LeinsCSL
18-10-2012, 12:20 PM
That car wasn't in the best condition unfortunately when I saw it a couple of months ago

Neil M
18-10-2012, 01:09 PM
It doesn't look that terrific now either, you'd think they would have made an effort and at least thrown a bucket of water over it. It looks as though its been starved of any TLC.

Chris-CSL
18-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Also might be a good idea to replace the Driver side Headlight Bulb before taking a picture as its faulty :)

Picky I know but when selling something it might be best to put it in the best possible light

LeinsCSL
18-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Also might be a good idea to replace the Driver side Headlight Bulb before taking a picture as its faulty :)

Picky I know but when selling something it might be best to put it in the best possible light

One of my pet hates in adverts that, along with dirty floor mats and empty cans of sprite and chocolate wrappers left stuffed in the door bins!

Note also that the close-up pics were taken when the car was wet :wink: I came away thinking this car will eventually end up as a track-slag

Neil M
18-10-2012, 06:51 PM
One of my pet hates in adverts that, along with dirty floor mats and empty cans of sprite and chocolate wrappers left stuffed in the door bins!

Note also that the close-up pics were taken when the car was wet :wink: I came away thinking this car will eventually end up as a track-slag

Is it anyone you know with it being it your neck of the woods?

LeinsCSL
18-10-2012, 07:32 PM
It it anyone you know with it being it your neck of the woods?

Nope, just being sold through a dealer/auction house for the owner I think. Hasn't been VRT'd (which costs about €4k to make it "legal" over here with RoI plates), so probably not going to be bought by anyone over here at that price and in the condition it's in

Neil M
19-10-2012, 02:14 PM
That 'VRT' is steep, it will probably end up going North, bringing it over here would be like 'Coals to Newcastle' SB's don't seem to be selling all that well at the moment, PH has a few which have been on there for months.

As you said it may well end up as a track car, but not at that asking price.

LeinsCSL
19-10-2012, 03:20 PM
VRT and our motor tax regime = :banghead::moan::(:smt021:bigcry:

Anyway, yep that car was being advertised for €30k (c. £24k) a couple of months ago. But even at anywhere near the new lower price I just can't see them selling it and may even end up getting broken. A real shame

Neil M
19-10-2012, 04:08 PM
VRT and our motor tax regime = :banghead::moan::(:smt021:bigcry:

Anyway, yep that car was being advertised for €30k (c. £24k) a couple of months ago. But even at anywhere near the new lower price I just can't see them selling it and may even end up getting broken. A real shame

I hope it was cleaned when they advertised at the original asking price, those images don't do the car any favours, it looks like one to be avoided not purchased.
Is the VRT similar to VAT, or Import tax/duty payable on it. Excuse the ignorance it's a while since I was last over there.

LeinsCSL
19-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Put it this way, when excise duty ceased between EU member states in 1992, VRT immediately came into effect here. Many suggest (including me) that it is completely against all EU legislation, but our government don't give a crap. They are all provided cars anyway so why would they care

It's charged on top of VAT too :moan: