PDA

View Full Version : Galway reg at the Limerick Vintage Car show

niall1
28-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Spotted your car as I was leaving. Parked well away from any potential parking dinges :hahaha:
I've NEVER seen another CSL on the road (other than at Mondello) so I had to stop for a quick (phone) pic :thumbs:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/niallosullivan1/CSL/2012-05-27148.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/niallosullivan1/CSL/2012-05-27149.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/niallosullivan1/CSL/2012-05-27150.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/niallosullivan1/CSL/2012-05-27152.jpg

Looked great. I think I'll finally fit the wheel spacers I have siting under my desk as they make the 'stance' on your's look perfect.

Niall

chrisburns
28-05-2012, 09:13 PM
You know, the shape of the CSL never seems to look old. Took mine on a good run yesterday, I stopped for a coffee and just stared at it for a while and concluded with the exception of the bonnet it is a better looking car than my old E92 M3.
Those pic's have just made me think the same thing Niall :smt055

Barry C
29-05-2012, 10:44 PM
that's Tom Fahy's old car. now belongs to a nice gent/mechanic from Tralee;)

That car is low miles and mint! it's on intrax and has alcon's I think

LeinsCSL
30-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Spotted your car as I was leaving. Parked well away from any potential parking dinges :hahaha:

I've NEVER seen another CSL on the road (other than at Mondello) so I had to stop for a quick (phone) pic :thumbs:

Looked great. I think I'll finally fit the wheel spacers I have siting under my desk as they make the 'stance' on your's look perfect.

Niall

You need to get yourself up to Dublin more often Niall. There are literally several knocking about the place these days :hahaha:

that's Tom Fahy's old car. now belongs to a nice gent/mechanic from Tralee;)

That car is low miles and mint! it's on intrax and has alcon's I think

Was talking to him last year at the Adare Festival of Speed. Nice guy, and also owns a 22B among others I think

niall1
30-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Yea, I get the feeling they're becomming common as.. :wink:

I remember you mentioning him. A man with similar taste in cars :supz: Pity I didn't meet him.

Niall

Barry C
31-05-2012, 12:24 AM
You need to get yourself up to Dublin more often Niall. There are literally several knocking about the place these days :hahaha:

Was talking to him last year at the Adare Festival of Speed. Nice guy, and also owns a 22B among others I think

yep and a cosworth. tasty stuff:smokin:

Neil M
05-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Hi all,

Apologies for butting in, but I've been meaning to ask for some time, have any of you done 'Atlantic Drive' on Achill.

That I would think, would make an interesting trip for Westerly owners. Galway, Ballinrobe, Westport, Newport and onto Achill. The "Into the West Tour" a nice weekend away staying at the Pontoon Bridge Hotel, perhaps?

PS: In case your wondering the 'M' stands for Mc. (Granddad from Omagh, Grandma from Mayo)

Neil

MKoop
05-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Hi all,

Apologies for butting in, but I've been meaning to ask for some time, have any of you done 'Atlantic Drive' on Achill.

That I would think, would make an interesting trip for Westerly owners. Galway, Ballinrobe, Westport, Newport and onto Achill. The "Into the West Tour" a nice weekend away staying at the Pontoon Bridge Hotel, perhaps?

PS: In case your wondering the 'M' stands for Mc. (Granddad from Omagh, Grandma from Mayo)

Neil

I've done Atlantic drive before but that's when i wasi n Donegal while I was rallying!
Never drove that road in Achill, but there is some great roads around that area. Letterfrack and Leenane to Westport road to name a few.
It would be a blast if your lucky to get some decent weather:bigcry:

Neil M
06-10-2012, 09:38 AM
You should try it, the R319 flat out or you could take the coast road (the L1405) but you definitely need the weather to be fine, it's not one for the faint hearted and a bit of a bum clencher, would make for an ideal for a Rally stage.

niall1
12-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Spotted you again but this time around the corner from my office on Barrington Street. Typically on the only day in the last month that I came to work in the van.. :banghead: If you're in Limerick again then drop into the Chemist on O'Connell Avenue and we can talk CSL's and 22B's?
The car looked great. Nice and dirty, just how I like them!
Niall
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/niallosullivan1/2012-11-12003.jpg

Yanto
12-11-2012, 09:55 PM
That is a great photo :thumbs:

Good dirt, great angle.

mattCSLnut
13-11-2012, 10:07 AM
That's a GREAT Cecil shot there Niall :smokin:
Love the moody grittiness of it and the very shallow depth of field.

niall1
13-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the comments guys but it's more Instagram than any skill on my part.. :smt053

LeinsCSL
13-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Great pic there Niall. I'd say if the Irish Festival of Speed goes ahead next year then you'll see him there. Did you leave him a note about the Munich trip? ;)

niall1
13-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Doh.. :banghead:

Didn't even think of that.