PDA

View Full Version : Limiter Kit - Rogue Engineering OR Turner??

cslbecks
28-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Im getting the RTAB Limiter Kit fitted and ive heard that Rogue Engineering also provide the same/similar kit as the Turner one.
Are these really both the same/do the same job - or is one better than the other??
I believe that CA supply the Rogue one and Simpsons supply the Turner one.
Any views or advice greatly appreciated.

Bravo73
28-10-2008, 05:10 PM
If you're getting the work done at Simpsons, I suggest that you go with the Turner's version. Simpsons obviously choose to stock the Turner one for a reason.

Are you getting the bushes themselves changed at the same time?

cslbecks
28-10-2008, 06:08 PM
I dont think my bushes will need changing - the cars only done 16k - but will get them to check them and if they need doing i will get them replaced also.
I just wondered if anyone had had the Rogue Limiter kit fitted??

Bravo73
28-10-2008, 06:13 PM
If you're going to the hassle and cost of having the limiting kit fitted, you'd be daft to not change the bushes at the same time. IIRC, the bushes themselves cost around £15 and the additional labour shouldn't be that much.

I would even go as far to say that Simpsons will advise you to fit new bushes anyway. They certainly did when I bought the limiting kit off them recently.

cslbecks
28-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Yes - i wont scrimp if they need doing - but dont really see the point if they are ok?? Its not the cost of the bushes, its the extra labour - but as i said i wont scrimp if they need doing - knowing me i will most likely get them done anyway so i know everythings fresh etc. Thanks as always Bravo for your help and advice.

glendog74
28-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Its not the cost of the bushes, its the extra labour

It's literally a 5 minute job to swap them out/in as they will have already disconnected the rear trailing arm anyway to do the limiter kit. Minimal extra labour... :smt047

cslbecks
28-10-2008, 09:50 PM
ok - cool - will most likely get them done then regardless!

shimmy
29-10-2008, 12:19 AM
ok - cool - will most likely get them done then regardless!

only sensible answer tbh

the bushes could fail the day you drive out as very hard to pick up the start of the fault

mine went at 18k miles

pkumarm3
02-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Powerflex RTABs are the best you can buy

they are poly-urethane. they are stiff, but also have some play so you won't be killing yourself when your car creaks non stop (like it would with the Rogue RTABs)

englebert
02-01-2009, 08:19 PM
My car had covered well under 16k and had busted bushes and a broken rear spring! :hahaha:

_Nathan_
02-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Powerflex RTABs are the best you can buy

they are poly-urethane. they are stiff, but also have some play so you won't be killing yourself when your car creaks non stop (like it would with the Rogue RTABs)

Best you can buy are proper rose joints, no creaking & no unwanted movement at all.

shimmy
02-01-2009, 10:55 PM
ny CSL had split its stock RTAB by 20k miles and had new plus Turner Limiting Kit at Simpsons and these have now lasted another 35k miles already both on track and road and no complaints.

I would not consider solid unless your car is for track only

Thorney
06-01-2009, 09:39 AM
We recommend the poly bushes not the limiter kits.

cslsmiffy
07-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Me and a friend have just developed a limiter kit for the e46 m3 and csl, After getting fed up with our cars steering from the rear and spoiling a superb car as well as wearing rear bushes out early and causing uneven tyre wear, We had a look at limiter kits and poly bushes and thought we could do better , So we have developed our own kits and are selling them for £70 delivered, They are easy to fit only taking about an hour and with just a few tools , You will need a jack and stands or better still the use of a ramp, They come with full fitting kit and instructions, Our kits do not make any strange noises and wil transform the handling of your car, It wil be the best £70 you will spend on your car, (will post some pics of kits up very soon) any one interested let me know, Cheers Tim,

benCSL
07-01-2009, 07:41 PM
We recommend the poly bushes not the limiter kits.

why ? :notworthy:

Windowlicker
07-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Me and a friend have just developed a limiter kit for the e46 m3 and csl, After getting fed up with our cars steering from the rear and spoiling a superb car as well as wearing rear bushes out early and causing uneven tyre wear, We had a look at limiter kits and poly bushes and thought we could do better , So we have developed our own kits and are selling them for £70 delivered, They are easy to fit only taking about an hour and with just a few tools , You will need a jack and stands or better still the use of a ramp, They come with full fitting kit and instructions, Our kits do not make any strange noises and wil transform the handling of your car, It wil be the best £70 you will spend on your car, (will post some pics of kits up very soon) any one interested let me know, Cheers Tim,

Hi there, what does the kit consist of?? is it uprated/replacement bushes, or a just a means of taking the load/stesses off the original factory bushes?? (limiter kit) or a combination of both ???
Pics would be good dude. :thumbs:
Cheers, Nick[/i]

cslsmiffy
07-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Its a limiter kit so you leave your origanal bushes in place (unless they are badly worn ) and fit the kit , I have put a post in the for sale section and will add some pics to that post very soon, The bad weather has put a stop to the final testing, So should be sorted early next week, Cheers Tim,

cslsmiffy
24-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Posted our kits in for sale section now , Cheers Tim :whistle: