PDA

View Full Version : Performance Friction AP replacement discs

DrPep
07-09-2011, 08:08 PM
I've a set of brand new (still boxed) 356mm front discs which are a direct replacement for the AP Racing discs for an M3 CSL with an AP Racing front brake upgrade.

I have the original sales invoice from Simpson Motorsport to verify origin.

The Performance Friction disc is a direct replacement for the AP front front discs. The Performance Friction discs are mechanically superior to the AP discs. They offer reduced brake pulsation and thermal fatigue along with a longer life.

I will also include replacement fixing bolts for use with the discs which I paid for separately.

The photos show the mounting bell (black) which is NOT included (as I don't have them) but your current AP ones can be reused provided they're in good condition.

The discs are as per photo 1. The box is as per photo 2.

I am selling these as i've sold the M3 CSL onto which they were to be fitted when the current discs expired.

Looking for around £540 - make me a sensible offer - I want to get rid, but i'm not gonna go super low.

Photo 1
http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3188/3188614-1.jpg

Photo 2
http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3188/3188614-2.jpg

s.mac
07-09-2011, 08:31 PM
are you sure you've got the right size at 380mm?
356mm, I think, for AP 6 pot kit

DrPep
07-09-2011, 08:57 PM
are you sure you've got the right size at 380mm?
356mm, I think, for AP 6 pot kit

Oops! - you're right.

I've just measured them now and they are indeed 356mm rather than 380mm as stated.

They're a direct replacement for the AP discs so identical diameter.

Thanks for spotting!

flatout
07-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I thought PF discs prices had come down closer to APs - i maybe wrong though...

DrPep
07-09-2011, 09:59 PM
I thought PF discs prices had come down closer to APs - i maybe wrong though...

Actually, just checked the invoice: total cost to me for PF Discs and AP fixing Bolts was £588 so i'll sell 'em for sensible offers around £540.

Even better!:thumbs:

I feel like Terry Tibbs!

shimmy
08-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Actually, just checked the invoice: total cost to me for PF Discs and AP fixing Bolts was £588 so i'll sell 'em for sensible offers around £540.

Even better!:thumbs:

I feel like Terry Tibbs!

More like Arthur Daley!:whistle:

DrPep
08-09-2011, 08:31 PM
More like Arthur Daley!:whistle:

:bigcry: Ah harsh! It seems nuts to sell them for nothing. They're sat next to me in the box they were shipped in. Perfect condition, never been on a car, still in their wrapping.

I can upload the original invoice to prove it.

I'm open to offers on these, and I hear they're even better than the APs in all aspects of performance hence the pre-emptive purchase.

Make me an offer, you might get lucky if it's in the right £x00 pounds :)

shane@mbtech
08-09-2011, 09:38 PM
:bigcry: Ah harsh! It seems nuts to sell them for nothing. They're sat next to me in the box they were shipped in. Perfect condition, never been on a car, still in their wrapping.

I can upload the original invoice to prove it.

I'm open to offers on these, and I hear they're even better than the APs in all aspects of performance hence the pre-emptive purchase.

Make me an offer, you might get lucky if it's in the right £x00 pounds :)

Unfortunately sometimes buying new parts, second hand, it means we can get no invoice, no VAT invoice etc.

Most on here will claim it all back inc the VAT. ;)

They would have to represent a considerable saving for most to buy.

And yes I agree, the PF discs are better than the AP ones, just my opinion.

rstoughy
08-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Hmmm quite keen on these (for the right "scottish" price) as mine are Kaput, will need to check the pennies though.
Would you post?

Cheers :thumbs:

need4speed
08-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Hmmm quite keen on these (for the right "scottish" price) as mine are Kaput, will need to check the pennies though.
Would you post?

Cheers :thumbs:

You could pay in good old Scottish pound notes!! ;)

DrPep
08-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Many thanks for your interest gent's; I believe I've found a buyer already but will update if it doesn't happen for whatever reason.

need4speed - that's an awesome profile pic :)

Cheers,
Pep

DrPep
13-03-2012, 11:44 AM
All sold now. Thanks folks.