PDA

View Full Version : Looking a really well looked after CSL

moglie
16-03-2011, 05:03 PM
As per the title.

Im after a well cared for csl, preferably in silver grey. Ideally i would like something sub 50,000miles but if its been well cared for, full service etc id certainly be interested in something with higer mileage.

The key is that its a good, straight example of these amazing cars, and one which i wont have to do much to if i were to buy it i.e. recently serviced etc

All being well it wont be too long until im behind the wheel of my own csl lol :supz:

Cheers again folks

shimmy
16-03-2011, 05:07 PM
As per the title.

Im after a well cared for csl, preferably in silver grey. Ideally i would like something sub 50,000miles but if its been well cared for, full service etc id certainly be interested in something with higer mileage.

The key is that its a good, straight example of these amazing cars, and one which i wont have to do much to if i were to buy it i.e. recently serviced etc

All being well it wont be too long until im behind the wheel of my own csl lol :supz:

Cheers again folks

Good luck hunting.

My recommendation is buy on condition and don't drive the first one you see or you'll buy it whatever it looks like :smokin:

mattCSLnut
16-03-2011, 05:25 PM
As per the title.

Cheers again folks
Seriously, forget the mileage restriction of 50K otherwise you'll miss out on some great CSLs with say 60K + miles and look purely on overall condition and a complete Service History file :thumbs:
Don't be put off by CSLs with stone chippy front bumpers and splitters. They all get like that in no time and it's nothing that £200 at a decent body shop won't rectify. BMW Warrant is a huge plus :smt023 IMHO and worth ever penny, especially when you're new to the car and thinking of Tracking it :thumbs: which of course is a MUST :supz:
Best of luck with your search :beer:

AlexGTT
16-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Go and see Bealo's car, it's a cracker. Contact Shimmy for details.

The 50k mileage thing is all well and good but I found some really badly looked after cars with low mileages and bought one with much higher mileage. On condition is the only way to buy.

tbellamy85
16-03-2011, 07:35 PM
I bought mine with 55k FBMWSH, first one I saw but it was from GG Steel where I got my previous M/// serviced etc. Fell in love when I drove it so bought it, needed nothing doing apart from a small shatter in the Windscreen. Make sure you check the car over

underneath
boot weldings, joints (ensure its all level)
check arches
pop bonnet (check joints once again, see if welding looks different)
You will find one mate, there are plenty out their.

GL with your find ;)

shimmy
16-03-2011, 07:41 PM
. Fell in love when I drove it so bought it, d ;)

Thats where you made your mistake! :hahaha:

steveH
16-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Moglie, your at least over the first hurdle in deciding you need a CSL and few, if any, on here will put you off!!
As below very good condition and service records are paramont. Personnaly I go for low owners and low miles BUT not at expense of turning down a better car with more owners & miles. The latter points will be reflected in the ££ as few owner - low milers usually command a premium.
Also consider how you are going to use your CSL ie primarily trackDays, everyday car, sunday/show car and what annual miles as if only 5k / year then choosing one with higher miles may not be such an issue.
DO read all you can and ask on here for advice on what to look for and do get all you can from bmw dealer from thier records.
Consider any 'add-ons' or mods. Some prefer others want originality
Bear in mind the optional extras or like me want true 'nude' model:supz:
Finally do go for the SG colour (black ones just too understated IMO:whistle:)
Dont necessarily buy the first one but equally do not dis regard it either nor think buying from a dealer will give you any more peace of mind.
Most of all enjoy the Hunt and best of luck.

moglie
17-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Thanks for all the replies folks...its appears to be a great site with very helpful members!

As i say im looking a car which i will use everyday but which i will also take to the occassional track day. Providing the car has been well looked after and will be ready to go once the keys are handed over (i.e. not require servicing or any substantial mechanical work) id be happy to look at a higher mileage motor.

Anyone any links to bealo's car and/other cars which would be of a similarly high standard?

Thanks again everyone...all the help and advice is greatly appreciated.

bluecat
17-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi there, I know you said you where looking for a silver car but Im selling my black csl.
It has done just over 29000 with full bmw history and is in almost brand new condition. I am the 3rd owner, If your interested send me a quick msg
cheers
stu

moglie
17-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Hi there, I know you said you where looking for a silver car but Im selling my black csl.
It has done just over 29000 with full bmw history and is in almost brand new condition. I am the 3rd owner, If your interested send me a quick msg
cheers
stu

PM sent mate.

Keep the posts coming folks...the more cars to pick from the better!

cslsuperfan
19-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Moglie,

great to hear you're seeking to purchase the mighty csl. as far as which example to go for i concur with the advice already given.
I am now in my third csl having spent 12 months in an E92 M3 DCT. Condition of the csl is everything. 50k plus csl's are well worth viewing especially forum members advertising theirs. BMW Warranty and Full BMW SH ideally. Mileage to a degree is academic. Do not be put off by stonechipped noses.. if its mint on the front with 50K miles it's been painted. better to see what's there prior to purchase and then refurb as necessary.

Let me know how you get on.;);)