PDA

View Full Version : M3 race car/ultimate track car

Hazy
26-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Im selling Tango 1 to (potentially) fund the purchase of another racecar I have my eye on, if anyone is looking for a ready to go racecar or a trackcar that will destroy 99% of trackcars, this is the baby! Happy to demo the car for any potential purchaser at a trackday

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/36009/BMW_E46_M3_coupe.html

Description:

BMW M3 built Jan 2010 from low mileage road car for CSL Cup, fully prepped for 2011 and totally unused so far this year.

fully welded in roll cage.

KW Competition suspension, freshly rebuilt and unused, usual complete adjustability, currently set up for 25 min sprint racing

Freshly built diff built with modified mounting, plate lsd and new Motorsport 4.1 cwp. 6 speed manual with new quickshifter, new lightweight flywheel and new heavy duty race clutch.

Fire-eater,electronic power cut, brand new small Varley red top battery, removable steering wheel, kevlar seat, hard wired DL1 data logger with Dash2 display, heated screen. Quick release steering wheel. Oil coolers for Engine and power steering

carbon roof, full lightweight doors and also polycarbonate windows,doors lift off and weight just 5.5kg complete.Lightweight CSL modified bumper, lightweight bonnet and bootlid, Carbon rear wing. Large front splitter giving flat floor to front of car, large rear diffuser, going right up to the rear of the diff

AP race brake package with fully floating 358 mm discs.

Toovey built S54 motor with 288/290 degree Shrick cams, ARB rod bolts and ported head. Rare Randlinger WTCC carbon airbox with front ramair conversion and deleted air flow meter electronics.Fully custom built race exhaust system. Motorsport fuel pump with swirl pot.

Car weight 1180 Kg's

The car has been professionally built and cost in excess of £60K over the last 12 months, with nearly £10k being spent in 2011 to prep the car for this season.

£36500 ovno

Massive spares package including engine, gearbox, diff, KW suspension, clutch, water pump, bumpers, heated screen, wheels, new and used tyres etc etc BY SEPERATE NEGOTIATION!!

Adam
07850 276701
0121 526 2562
info@akaracetransporters.co.uk

SteveGill
26-02-2011, 04:47 PM
A tremendous price.

From experience, if I was racing from scratch, I'd buy this in a heartbeat. *Miles* cheaper than doing it yourself - when I was starting out I used to always think I was better to do it myself from scratch rather than buy something from racecarsdirect that I didn't really know - but now with hindsight I realise buying something like this is by far the cheapest way to do it!

This would make a monster track car, or straight into racing. Buying something second hand I'd always ask around about the history and who did the work - but knowing the history of this car and how annoyingly fast it is (GTF out of the way at Brands LOL :hahaha:) I'd recommend it - as I'm sure a few others around here would as well.

Best of luck with the sale Adam :thumbs:

shimmy
26-02-2011, 05:52 PM
This car certainly has moved on in the last 2 years. With that engine it is a great buy for someone who wants to drive very quickly.

Good luck with the sale Hazy.

Hazy
26-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the kind words fellas, really appreciated.

The car has come on quite a long way since Brands also Steve, believe me!! Nearly £10k gone into this seasons prep alone, the car is a solid gold bargain IMO :thumbs:

titan
27-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Was this at Oulton on Friday ?

Radders
27-02-2011, 06:59 AM

No that was me, our two cars look identical.

AlexGTT
27-02-2011, 11:58 AM

The other Tango Twin.;)

s.mac
28-02-2011, 09:36 PM
that is some track weapon :smokin: good luck with the sale and your future project :)

Bounce
28-02-2011, 10:27 PM
that is some track weapon :smokin: good luck with the sale and your future project :)+1:thumbs:

double_r
06-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Only if this was in the US. Good luck with the sale

Where can one get the Randlinger airbox? Is that from Quintec?

Hazy
09-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Only if this was in the US. Good luck with the sale

Where can one get the Randlinger airbox? Is that from Quintec?

No clue mate, I brought it from a good friend of mine, Kev Clarke of Intersport, well not dso much brought it I guess....:whistle: