PDA

View Full Version : Lowering on Springs!

M3CSLIRL
23-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Hi Guys,
Ive been thinking about lowering the car :119: To make it look a bit Wider n meaner!
Anyone have any thoughts, Regards Handling etc How it would be affected? Also if anyone does of a Black CSL Preferably could you post some pics thanks!

M3CSLIRL

M3CSLIRL
30-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Well here's the answer i got off Another BMW Site!

CSL springs are very progressive, especially the fronts (~4 coils). The shocks are also more heavily damped to suit the springs.

Most aftermarket springs are too soft to suit the CSL shocks (softer springs, harder dampers = car that changes direction slower).

If driving is your main focus, stick with the OEM or if you want better adjustability, you need to get a set of coilvers to really justify the upgrade.

Well Put id say!!! So She stays the way she is! :thumbs:

DazBlackCSL
08-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Look at the KW coil overs, might be having these on my Car to try them out in the next month or so, to see if they are any good, will let you know how I get on ... :wink:

M3CSLIRL
08-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Great Stuff Daz!! :thumbs:

DazBlackCSL
08-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Will post a pic of a car with them on tomorrow ... not black one tho...! :thumbs:

DazBlackCSL
14-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Not forgotten !! :wink:

DazBlackCSL
14-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Ok here is Thorney's car with KW's on at the back of the pic, mine in front on standard set up.

Not the best angle , and best quality , only on iphone so not good for pics, but you can get a feel for how low it sits, admittedly this is on the lowest setting , so can be adjusted , but he swears by them, and this is his road car , and it does handle V V well !

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn67/dazzam3_photo/IMG_0147.jpg

M3CSLIRL
14-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks Mate! Deff sits nice and low not a whole lot but something to think about Coilovers are the forward!