PDA

View Full Version : 54-reg CSL for sale

Ade
24-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Due to a new job which is sending me to Asia, the CSL is for sale and has to find a new home.

BASIC SPECIFICATION

late 54-reg CSL
Silver Grey
36.8k miles
A/C
Xenons
Parking sensors
BMW Business CD
Auto sensing mirror/wipers (Michelin silicon aeroblades)
OEM CSL wheels + Michelin Cups (full fat variety) all around

UPGRADES

CSL Cup Alcon brakes - front (6pot, 365mm) and rear (4pot, 343mm) with Pagid RS29 pads (£3650+vat, click here (http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/products/product_info.php?products_id=4596))
Full Supersprint exhaust system (£2800+vat, click here (http://www.simpsonmotorsport.co.uk/bmw-tuning/shop.asp?id=67&pid=67&cid=43&pcid=12)) consisting of:
+ SuperSprint 100 cell Cats
+ SuperSprint Resonated centre section
+ Supersprint Race backbox
Polyurethane RTABs (the OEM ones are prone to failure)
Turner Adjustable Top Mounts to allow better and easier geometry adjustment (£325+vat, click here (http://www.simpsonmotorsport.co.uk/bmw-tuning/product.asp?id=67&pid=67&cid=5&pcid=12&product=155))
Braided brake hoses + AP660 fluid
Carbon fibre dash inserts (originals also come with the car) (£175+vat, click here (http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/single_prod-cHJvZF9pZD0xNjgzJmNhcl9tYWtlPWJtdyZjYXJfdHlwZT1lND ZtJmNhdF9pZD00MyZjb21wX2lkPTg=.html))
Dension GateWay 300 giving full iPod control, USB MP3 connectivity, and scrolling text display on the Business CD (£190+vat, click here (http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/For_Factory_Fitted_Radios/BMW_iPod_Car_Kit/Dension_BMW_Gateway_300_Car_Kit/Dension_ice%3ELink_Gateway_300_ipod_Car_Kit))
Billet extended paddle gear shifters (originals included)

EXTRAS NOT FITTED TO COME WITH THE CSL

Original OEM CSL brakes, front and rear including calipers and discs should the buyer want to return the car to standard

FBMWSH
The car has a FBMWSH, and all the paperwork is present and in order with the alcantara folder, manuals, including invoices etc.
The car has never been involved in any accidents, and all panels are original with no dents etc.
The important 1200 mile service was done on time and stamped/assured by BMW.

BMW WARRANTY
The car comes with the Zero Excess, fully Comprehensive BMW warranty (fully paid) and does not expire until May 2010.

TAX and MOT
Taxed and MOT'd until September 2010

PRICE
£SOLD
Private plate not included as this will be kept on retention for a future car if I ever return to England!

Splitting Parts?
I will sell the car with all the parts listed above. If buyers wish to buy any parts separately from the car, I would request they arrange this with the buyer of the car.

Serious enquiries only as I don't have time to deal with tyre kickers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/adrienong/CSL/CRW_7650.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/adrienong/CSL/P1060580_1024px.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/adrienong/CSL/P1060585_1024px.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/adrienong/CSL/P1060765.jpg

Yanto
24-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Stunning Car - I would buy this like a shot if I hadnt already pulled the trigger.

Good luck with sale :thumbs:

dave1
24-10-2009, 11:41 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

glendog74
27-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Great car with some choice upgrades! Sorry to see you're off so soon Ade...

Best of luck for the future mate :beer:

Ade
27-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Thanks Rob, I'm sad to have to sell her so soon after spending the money on her, and then never getting to really use her as she was intended due to work/family commitments since the summer.

But the new opportunity is too good to pass up, and hopefully I'll be able to get back in a CSL one day. In the mean time, however, it's been a great ride!
:beer:

glendog74
27-10-2009, 10:33 PM
I'll look after her if you want mate - i'd look after it well :whistle: :supz:

shane@mbtech
27-10-2009, 11:02 PM
I have £25k cash burning a hole in the safe,

god loves a trier;)

Ade
28-10-2009, 12:10 AM
I'll look after her if you want mate - i'd look after it well :whistle: :supz:

no doubt I'm sure you'd, ahem, "use her as intended" :hahaha:

I have £25k cash burning a hole in the safe,

god loves a trier;)

I'm sure He does. But He also tells me to not be an ass! :blalalala:

AlexGTT
28-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Good luck with the move Ade but sorry to see you go as well. Will miss you, your son and the CSL @Ring. :bigcry:

AlexGTT
28-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Oh, and if anyone's looking for a top notch CSL you'd be very hard pressed to find one better than this. Cracking car with nice mods.

derek
28-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Oh, and if anyone's looking for a top notch CSL you'd be very hard pressed to find one better than this. Cracking car with nice mods.

I'd 2nd that i have been in Ade's car, really well looked after,
Good luck Ade was good to meet you and Mathew earlier this year :beer::beer:

L1ARR
28-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I have just noticed that some of these pictures were taken at the Bromley Pageant, I had a look at this car lovely brakes and I can confirm it is in good condition.

I had my car on display in the BMW section, good day out.

Good luck with the sale.

Johnnywb
28-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Damn, just a bit too soon for me! Otherwise i'd bite your hand off.

Will someone hurry up and buy my house please!:whistle:

CSLCHAN
28-10-2009, 11:24 PM
:drool: Good luck with the sale abd the move to asia ade:thumbs:

Ade
29-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Cheers guys, and many thanks for your kind comments. :beer:

I'm starting to think about maybe bringing the car over to Hong Kong if it doesn't sell within a reasonable time frame. Just found out that HK has no car import tax....!

CSLCHAN
29-10-2009, 12:12 AM
no import tax:drool: just pmed you ade thx :thumbs:

AlexGTT
29-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Cheers guys, and many thanks for your kind comments. :beer:

I'm starting to think about maybe bringing the car over to Hong Kong if it doesn't sell within a reasonable time frame. Just found out that HK has no car import tax....!

No excuse Ade. Keep it. :thumbs:

Ade
29-10-2009, 10:39 PM
no import tax:drool: just pmed you ade thx :thumbs:

No excuse Ade. Keep it. :thumbs:

D'oh! Just found out that tax-free won't apply in my case with the CSL :bigcry: ok, it has to go :(

Ade
05-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Price reduced and advert updated

Curly
05-11-2009, 02:19 PM
what's the price now then?

Craig
05-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Trade you a bunch of CSL parts haha, kinda like a build you're own airfix kit lol.

Ade
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
what's the price now then?

£28k

shimmy
05-11-2009, 03:52 PM
What's the matter Curly

Is that extra £20k for the Cayman S just to loose 2 secs a lap and get called a mincer looking a bit too much to bare ;)

Curly
05-11-2009, 07:20 PM
oi Nickolay Valuev ,
i dont mind you having a dig at my boy band looks, but dont ever say i am light on my pedals:birdman:

shimmy
05-11-2009, 08:17 PM
oi Nickolay Valuev ,
i dont mind you having a dig at my boy band looks, but dont ever say i am light on my pedals:birdman:

:smt058

shimmy
05-11-2009, 08:19 PM
having made up i feel it would be silly to waste an opportunity to use this photo again :hahaha:

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp97/shimmylasco/general/CurlyandPinkBag.jpg

Curly
05-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Yer james hunt:blalalala:

glendog74
07-11-2009, 12:04 AM

Nice :gayfight:

AlexGTT
07-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Thought that might appeal to you Rob. I'm sure John can get wheel bags for you in that colour mate. :gayfight::hahaha:

Mark CSL
07-11-2009, 09:02 AM
:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha: Alex dont you encourage rob :whistle:

DazBlackCSL
07-11-2009, 10:55 AM
having made up i feel it would be silly to waste an opportunity to use this photo again :hahaha:

Quality :hahaha:

Lovely shot curly :whistle:

AlexGTT
07-11-2009, 11:41 AM
:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha: Alex dont you encourage rob :whistle:

Mark, I think he's beyond encouragement. :smt009:hahaha:

glendog74
07-11-2009, 01:05 PM
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

shimmy
08-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Due to a new job which is sending me to Asia, the CSL is for sale and has to find a new home.

BASIC SPECIFICATION

late 54-reg CSL
Silver Grey
36.8k miles
A/C
Xenons
Parking sensors
BMW Business CD
Auto sensing mirror/wipers (Michelin silicon aeroblades)
OEM CSL wheels + Michelin Cups (full fat variety) all around

UPGRADES

CSL Cup Alcon brakes - front and rear with Pagid RS29 pads
Full Supersprint exhaust system consisting of:
+ SuperSprint 100 cell Cats
+ SuperSprint Resonated centre section
+ Supersprint backbox
Polyurethane RTABs (the OEM ones are prone to failure)
Turner Adjustable Top Mounts to allow better and easier geometry adjustment
Braided brake hoses + AP660 fluid
Carbon fibre dash inserts (originals also come with the car)
Dension GateWay 300 giving full iPod control, USB MP3 connectivity, and scrolling text display on the Business CD
Billet extended paddle gear shifters (originals included)

EXTRAS NOT FITTED TO COME WITH THE CSL

Original OEM CSL brakes, front and rear including calipers and discs should the buyer want to return the car to standard
Supersprint straight through centre section exhaust (non-resonated, a bit louder and with a fruitier noise)

FBMWSH
The car has a FBMWSH, and all the paperwork is present and in order with the alcantara folder including invoices etc.
The car has never been involved in any accidents, and all panels are original with no dents etc.
The important 1200 mile service was done on time and stamped/assured by BMW.

BMW WARRANTY
The car comes with the Zero Excess, fully Comprehensive BMW warranty (fully paid) and does not expire until May 2010.

TAX and MOT
Taxed and MOT'd until September 2010

PRICE
£28k
Private plate not included as this will be kept on retention for a future car if I ever return to England!

Splitting Parts?
I will sell the car with all the parts listed above. If buyers wish to buy any parts separately from the car, I would request they arrange this with the buyer of the car.

Serious enquiries only as I don't have time to deal with tyre kickers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/adrienong/CSL/CRW_7650.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/adrienong/CSL/P1060580_1024px.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/adrienong/CSL/P1060585_1024px.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/adrienong/CSL/P1060765.jpg

good looking car Ade, it looked very well kept today and will make someone very happy

Ade
08-11-2009, 11:34 PM
good looking car Ade, it looked very well kept today and will make someone very happy

Cheers Shim! :beer:

If it doesn't make them happy soon, I'm gonna keep her for whenever I trip back to Blighty! :)

Curly
09-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Tidy motor, heard the price's are starting to tumble i'd get rid of it quick
might even chuck in the pink sportsbag;)

Ade
09-11-2009, 02:23 PM

:hahaha:

DazBlackCSL
09-11-2009, 03:26 PM

Go on the force is strong curly :whistle:

AlexGTT
09-11-2009, 05:10 PM

Get in there John. Way better than any pork you could buy.;)

And, it'll go nicely with your custom made pink luggage.:gayfight::whistle::hahaha:

Ade
09-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Update:

I have had a few offers from people offering money thinking they'll chance it. To avoid embarrassment, I will make it clear that I would rather keep the car and put it into storage for when I will fly back to England every couple months, than accept less than what I think the car is worth.

The car is in excellent condition, has relatively low mileage, benefits from being a late 54-reg CSL (vs. an 03-reg), and is ready to drive away. You will find cheaper, leggier, older reg cars for slightly less money. This CSL has choice upgrades, the type you would put on if you wanted the best road (and occasional track) CSL. You really don't want to skimp on maintenance, so I really don't get people who want to negotiate on £500 saying £27500 is the most they can afford. If the asking price is absolutely maxing out your budget leaving you with no more cash, then don't buy this car. It will [relatively speaking] rape you in terms of maintenance/servicing if you were to maintain it properly - and I certainly hope the next buyer will.

I have updated the original post to include links to where the upgrades can be sourced from and to indicate the value of included upgrades/extras should a buyer try to do it themselves. (c.£7500+vat+labour to fit)

The purpose of this post is I don't want to embarrass or waste either tyre kickers' or my time, and I'm simply telling it as it is. This is a great car that I would gladly continue to cherish if I had more regular access to it from Asia. It is a well and fairly priced CSL, itself a rare and without a doubt one of the most finely honed motorsport-engineered works from BMW. Ever.

Thanks for listening and your understanding. :beer:

mattCSLnut
09-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Update:

I have had a few offers from people offering money thinking they'll chance it. To avoid embarrassment, I will make it clear that I would rather keep the car and put it into storage for when I will fly back to England every couple months, than accept less than what I think the car is worth.

The car is in excellent condition, has relatively low mileage, benefits from being a late 54-reg CSL (vs. an 03-reg), and is ready to drive away. You will find cheaper, leggier, older reg cars for slightly less money. This CSL has choice upgrades, the type you would put on if you wanted the best road (and occasional track) CSL. You really don't want to skimp on maintenance, so I really don't get people who want to negotiate on £500 saying £27500 is the most they can afford. If the asking price is absolutely maxing out your budget leaving you with no more cash, then don't buy this car. It will [relatively speaking] rape you in terms of maintenance/servicing if you were to maintain it properly - and I certainly hope the next buyer will.

I have updated the original post to include links to where the upgrades can be sourced from and to indicate the value of included upgrades/extras should a buyer try to do it themselves. (c.£7500+vat+labour to fit)

The purpose of this post is I don't want to embarrass or waste either tyre kickers' or my time, and I'm simply telling it as it is. This is a great car that I would gladly continue to cherish if I had more regular access to it from Asia. It is a well and fairly priced CSL, itself a rare and without a doubt one of the most finely honed motorsport-engineered works from BMW. Ever.

Must be frustrating to get people wasting your time like this on what is an exceptionally clean CSL. I think you're better off sticking it into Professional storage and having a blast when you're visiting these shores. BTW I thought all CSL were build in the last six months of 2003 ? Your car must have been late registered :thumbs:

Ade
09-11-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm keeping the house here, and reckon I'll be overseas for a couple years max, so returning every so often to have a CSL for use is a really nice idea. But I'm also taking a pragmatic view towards it, and there will always be an opportunity to get back into another CSL in the future when I'm able to enjoy it more often.

Mine was a later November build afaik, but late registration always helps used car values.

:)

mattCSLnut
09-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm keeping the house here, and reckon I'll be overseas for a couple years max, so returning every so often to have a CSL for use is a really nice idea. But I'm also taking a pragmatic view towards it, and there will always be an opportunity to get back into another CSL in the future when I'm able to enjoy it more often.

Mine was a later November build afaik, but late registration always helps used car values.

:)
Yep, understand your thoughts but imagine trying to find a car like your in the near future without paying more then you can sell yours for. If you're keeping your house here and have a garage, I'd wrap the CSL in cotton wool and leave it there.

Rags
10-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Car looks amazing, good luck with the sale.

Did you manage to get all your warranty work pushed through at Park Lane, I saw your car there for a week or so.

Great Dealership for CSL's IMO.

mattCSLnut
10-11-2009, 10:16 AM

Did you manage to get all your warranty work pushed through at Park Lane, I saw your car there for a week or so.

Interesting. I didn't know about Park Lane BMW being another "CSL friendly" dealership. Thanx to you and Jeff by the time my CSL has it's next service @ Murketts BMW, Huntington, it would have experienced both of these dealerships :thumbs: One lucky CSL :whistle:

E46ACS
10-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Update:

I have had a few offers from people offering money thinking they'll chance it.

I am getting the same thing at the moment, several offers of £2-3k under the asking price, I've priced mine to sell, its a good price and yet people still want to chip you for a few grand! :banghead:

SIEN
10-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I am getting the same thing at the moment, several offers of £2-3k under the asking price, I've priced mine to sell, its a good price and yet people still want to chip you for a few grand! :banghead:

I agree, saw your car in the classifieds recently and thought it seemed cheap for such a clean version! I wouldn't drop it at all (either that, or stick on a few grand onto the asking price, and then accept those 2-3k less offers lol)

Curly
10-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Update:

Sorry to hear your little upset Ade regarding the sale but from another perpsective, when you are selling a car privately people do bid well under the price it is a lovely car but a car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. good luck with the sale

Ade
10-11-2009, 12:27 PM

Yes - they did a great job after spending hours trying to determine which SMG sensor was the problem. Eventually they found it was the longitudonal SMG sensor that is hardwired in, and separate from the other SMG sensors. They also fixed a couple of other minor bits, and all made perfect in the end. Their chief tech is an M3 enthusiast/guru - his personal E46 M3 is not at all standard, and he is very good with clients taking the time to explain the ins/outs. He came recommended by Thorney.

Issues like this make the BMW Warranty worth every penny.

_Nathan_
10-11-2009, 12:46 PM
The only benefit from a late registration is the fact it sat in a field for ages and that any snobbish, clueless neighbours you have won't laugh quite so hard at you for buying such an old car ;) I also love the fact that it is ready to drive away - as opposed to what? Will most other CSLs on the market need the aa to get them home or something?

Buy on condition, not what the bloody number plate says, on that score this looks like it is a good one, looks in great nick.

PS.If 28k is the lowest you'll go then say no offers in the advert, will at least make it clear to those people that can read that a bit of negotiating isn't going to happen (the non readers you'll have to explain slowly too, or perhaps do them a picture ;) ), if it doesn't say that then fair game IMO, why would anyone ever offer the asking price? If it hasn't sold at full asking price then you either have to change your expectations to more closely align with that of buyers or keep waiting.

PS. Car would be worth more sold as standard + sell the bits separately too IMO, if you can be bothered.

Ade
10-11-2009, 01:05 PM
As far as used car prices go, the reg does make a difference, albeit a smaller one in the case of the CSL as it was a limited series. But a 54 plate is still a 54 plate, with potentially upto 18 months less use on the road than an equivalent 03-reg. From a buyer's perspective, a newer reg version of the same car is always a good thing.

With regards to being 'bothered', I don't have the free time to start stripping off parts of the car and selling them separately. The parts on the car would be desirable by the next owner as they are valuable additions that enhance and improve the performance of the car.

3wheels3
10-11-2009, 01:21 PM
It seems to me to it's best to over price in advert and then let them knock you down in tough negotiation. This makes them feel good and gets you the price. I don't think the 'no offers' price tactic works. Especially at the moment when everyone thinks that anyone selling anything is desparate, even if it was the steam off their pi$$.

Ade
10-11-2009, 01:41 PM
It seems to me to it's best to over price in advert and then let them knock you down in tough negotiation. This makes them feel good and gets you the price. I don't think the 'no offers' price tactic works. Especially at the moment when everyone thinks that anyone selling anything is desparate, even if it was the steam off their pi$$.

Good idea - back to £30k it should go :thumbs:

shimmy
10-11-2009, 01:41 PM
As far as used car prices go, the reg does make a difference, albeit a smaller one in the case of the CSL as it was a limited series. But a 54 plate is still a 54 plate, with potentially upto 18 months less use on the road than an equivalent 03-reg. From a buyer's perspective, a newer reg version of the same car is always a good thing.

With regards to being 'bothered', I don't have the free time to start stripping off parts of the car and selling them separately. The parts on the car would be desirable by the next owner as they are valuable additions that enhance and improve the performance of the car.

i thik you're right to hld out Ade as its a clean good car and well looked after

but also if you want to sell you have to realise that the a/m parts are not worth anywhere near the full value when sold with the car. also they cut down the amount of interest as lots look for an OEM version hence why if you had the time returning it to stock would be the best way to get the best price.

if i had some cash i would buy it (with discount of course):thumbs:

Ade
10-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Totally agree Shim, and I don't think I've added £7.5k onto the base donor car's value. In fact, I don't think I've added much to the donor car price at all - a completely OEM CSL with the same mileage, warranty, and provenance would be, say, £26/7k?

The car comes with the OEM brakes so the buyer can always swap them back on if he feels he doesn't need them and sell on the Alcons for £2.5-3k to someone else here... I'm sure there will be a buyer for them.

The car is fairly priced and will sell very soon. This time of year isn't the best to sell, but I'm sure there are fewer CSLs in good condition/lowish mileage every year. Feb/March would be the best time to sell, but an early bird could get the worm here.

mattCSLnut
10-11-2009, 05:27 PM

I really wish U the best of luck selling your CSL during these tight times but I have to disagree with U about the reg thing. It's just the usual nonsense the government invented to suit most people's vanity :whistle:. On a limited production car like the M3 CSL (that were officially build between June and December 2003) anyone with their head screwed on and common sense will buy a CSL purely on condition and history file, regardless of what reg it has. Most end up with a personalized reg number anyway. If the buyer is bothered if their CSL is either an '03 or a '54 plate I suggest they are looking at the wrong car. I get a feeling most CSL owners are Petrolheads instead of posers :gayfight:

shane@mbtech
10-11-2009, 09:17 PM
My offer of 25k no longer stands as you have changed the advert description and various items are no longer included in the sale.

To reflect this my offer has dropped 2k to £23k;)

On a more serious note, its a buyers market. Always will be. Whenever you put anything on the market, be prepared for offers below asking price, its called business.

Rags
11-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Yes - they did a great job after spending hours trying to determine which SMG sensor was the problem. Eventually they found it was the longitudonal SMG sensor that is hardwired in, and separate from the other SMG sensors. They also fixed a couple of other minor bits, and all made perfect in the end. Their chief tech is an M3 enthusiast/guru - his personal E46 M3 is not at all standard, and he is very good with clients taking the time to explain the ins/outs. He came recommended by Thorney.

Issues like this make the BMW Warranty worth every penny.

Yeah, I have been using Matt there for a couple of years, he is a good chap and still leave my e92 m3 with him, always looks after it.

Ade
11-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Good news! Car is tentatively sold, subject to paperwork etc. :)

shimmy
11-11-2009, 08:13 PM

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

well done ade. do i get commission?

derek
11-11-2009, 08:32 PM

Someone got a great car, best of luck Ade in the future

Ade
11-11-2009, 11:01 PM
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

well done ade. do i get commission?

Someone got a great car, best of luck Ade in the future

Cheers guys! :thumbs: I will be sorry to see her go, but I am glad she will be going to a good home and to someone I know will look after her well. I'm sure the new owner will be along in the next few days to say hello. :)