PDA

View Full Version : CSL in SG for sale

GT TWO
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Our CSL will be going up for sale. its a 2003 on an 53 plate silver grey csl.

Full bmw service history with the running in service.
48,000 miles with 6,000 miles on the onboard computer remaining until Oil service. Inspection 2 was done a couple of months ago.

Options

Xenons, aircon, business cd, rain sensors and parking sensors.

Just had new Michelin PS2's on the rear.

The car also has Csl plaque.

The car is original and excellent condition. It did have unmarked bodywork until someone keyed in on the nearside rear panel a couple of weeks ago. It is about a foot long and will need to be painted (i am happy to sort first)

Car is detailed monthly by www.Supercardetailing.com

We bought the car from BMW just over a year ago and the warranty is still active on a direct debit.

Recent work completed

New Diff
New rear shocks
New steering rack
New steering pump
Tyres

£25,000.00

I have had a trade in offer against an M5 but I am not in a rush to sell. We love the car and can wait.

Bad bits

Keyed panel
Needs 2 sidelights (condensation)

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks

Lee

GT TWO
12-10-2009, 10:24 AM
I have been reminded that I am missing information :)

Car has 3 former keepers.

GT TWO
19-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Car is being traded this coming weekend for an M5.

I will accept 24k before then.

Please PM me if interested.

api330
20-10-2009, 08:54 AM
pm sent

L1ARR
20-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Lee,

Good luck on the sale, I hope the CSL goes to another good home. I look forward to seeing the M5 once collected.

Take care speak soon

Rich

GT TWO
20-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks mate! Saturday is the day.... Hope your well, Lee

Lee,

Good luck on the sale, I hope the CSL goes to another good home. I look forward to seeing the M5 once collected.

Take care speak soon

Rich

GT TWO
25-10-2009, 05:57 PM
What a bloody nightmare!

Very disappointed in BMW!

Travelled 2.5 hours yesterday to collect an M5 and it turned out to be a mess, the worst prepped car I have ever seen from BMW.

The rear quarter had been painted by a child, or so it looked.

Lots of marks, scratches and scuffs.

Walked away.

Hoping I will get my holding deposit back.

So CSL around for a few days until a find another M5.

mattCSLnut
25-10-2009, 07:23 PM
SORRY to hear that, but I have to say this is NOT an isolated, one off event. The first CSL I went to view was at Listers BMW (Main Steeler) in Kings Lynn.
The car was advertised as having Full Service history and genuine 46 000 miles. Upon closer inspection I discovered there were no invoices at all with this car, for the last six years, there was a service missed sometime in 2007 with a 20 000 !!! mile gap / two years between services. Further more, while looking through all the Warranty work the car had in the past, I discovered a mileage discrepancy where the mileage recorded went from 25 400 back down to 21 800. On top of all that they sale guys were TOTALLY clueless with regards to what CSL is and were trying to force me into a test drive, which I decline. Total MUPPETRY !!! :banghead: I walked away in total disbelieve

GT TWO
25-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Matt, that is bad.

They have sold that car now to someone. I hope they got a good deal and knew about the issues.

Im tempted to call BMW customer services in the morning, I will report back about my deposit.

cheers

Lee

SORRY to hear that, but I have to say this is NOT an isolated, one off event. The first CSL I went to view was at Listers BMW (Main Steeler) in Kings Lynn.
The car was advertised as having Full Service history and genuine 46 000 miles. Upon closer inspection I discovered there were no invoices at all with this car, for the last six years, there was a service missed sometime in 2007 with a 20 000 !!! mile gap / two years between services. Further more, while looking through all the Warranty work the car had in the past, I discovered a mileage discrepancy where the mileage recorded went from 25 400 back down to 21 800. On top of all that they sale guys were TOTALLY clueless with regards to what CSL is and were trying to force me into a test drive, which I decline. Total MUPPETRY !!! :banghead: I walked away in total disbelieve

mattCSLnut
25-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Matt, that is bad.

They have sold that car now to someone. I hope they got a good deal and knew about the issues.

Im tempted to call BMW customer services in the morning, I will report back about my deposit.

cheers

Lee
I wish U the best of luck with BMW customer services. I have reported that CSL to them and they've promised to get back to me but haven't. I too hope the new owner of THAT particular CSL knows what they are getting themselves into. :whistle:

L1ARR
26-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Lee,

Sorry to hear the bad news, fingers crossed you find the M5 you want soon. I am surprissed you didn't clump the salesman :whistle:

Speak soon
Rich

kbird
26-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Lucky escape; I had a V10 M5 its not a patch on a CSL, it will drive you nuts with its over complication. Keep the CSL, you know it make sense!!

GT TWO
26-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Lee,

Sorry to hear the bad news, fingers crossed you find the M5 you want soon. I am surprissed you didn't clump the salesman :whistle:

Speak soon
Rich

Hi Rich, If I had got hold of him today I am not sure I would have been so restrained.

Not only did I:

Waste my whole saturday
Spend £80 on fuel
Put over 250 additional miles on the CSL

They have taken the deposit again instead of refunding it onto my debit card!

Only found out a short while ago.

Natwest say that the transaction was forced or something?? that they should have waited for an auth code but didnt.

I am not sure if this is a mistake or whether they are trying to re coupe some money from prepping the car 'at my request' as the salesman put it previously.

Tax
Changing awful walnut interior for alu
tyres

:banghead:

'EDIT' Needless to say the csl is still for sale and can be had for a bargain until later this week.

L1ARR
27-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Rich, If I had got hold of him today I am not sure I would have been so restrained.

Not only did I:

Waste my whole saturday
Spend £80 on fuel
Put over 250 additional miles on the CSL

They have taken the deposit again instead of refunding it onto my debit card!

Only found out a short while ago.

Natwest say that the transaction was forced or something?? that they should have waited for an auth code but didnt.

I am not sure if this is a mistake or whether they are trying to re coupe some money from prepping the car 'at my request' as the salesman put it previously.

Tax
Changing awful walnut interior for alu
tyres

:banghead:

'EDIT' Needless to say the csl is still for sale and can be had for a bargain until later this week.

No way,

Now I would have been pretty P*SSED at that.:bigcry:

I am sure you will get your deposit money back. I suppose your view should be you weren't looking at the same car which was described to you over the phone.

Have you thought about a 4 door M3 (E92)?? or are you after the sound of a V10? :supz:

Let me know how you get on?

Cheers
Rich