PDA

View Full Version : Missing docs...

K1_MBR
26-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Bought my CSL in early dec, sent the V5 off with the MoT and personal reg certificate to DVLA to have this placed on the car, although Royal Mail have lost the items in the post.

V5 I can reclaim using a form from there website, personal plate I have to write in and apply for, although the MoT can only be sought from the issueing garage. The dealer I bought the car from says they are trying to chase him for this info, but as yet have got nowhere. I would have thought the DVLA have this but she said they dont?

Anyone else had a problem like this before?

neil
27-01-2008, 10:21 AM
how much MOT was left?

you may have to pay for a reissue, if thats the case i'd be tempted to just get another MOT and claim off royal mail (if it was sent insured)

My mate is a MOT tester, i'll ask him

K1_MBR
27-01-2008, 05:09 PM
thanks mate...

MOT expires in July..so halfway through!

Hypnotic
30-01-2008, 01:18 AM
That's a joke that you've gotta do the runnin around ,when they've lost the docs in the 1st place.Nice to have all the MOT's etc to complete the history when you come to sell.
Good luck.

Mark CSL
14-02-2008, 05:30 PM
How did you get on did you get it all sorted K1 MBR

K1_MBR
16-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Sent a letter off to get the personal plate back...and a V612? to get the V5 in my name...sent registered post this time! Not that I think it really matters though!

Think I'm also going to have to bite the bullet and get a new MoT...what really annoys me is they cant print me another unless its from the issueing station....but the BiB have it on there database....surely I can just get another copy from the DVLA! They are next to useless! :banghead: