PDA

View Full Version : SG CSL For Sale

Jeff
22-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Hello,
Due to buying a house I have to sell my recently acquired CSL.

53 Plate
Milltek Exhaust
Supersprint 100 Cell cats
A/C
Recently replaced front brake discs and pads
Inspection II service done 2000 miles ago
Uprated Pads (PFC01's)
Goodridge braided lines
New tyres (Eagle F1's)
Recently refurbished wheels
Kenwood stereo with iPhone and bluetooth
Paint in excellent condition. No dings in the doors etc
Full service history with BMW, maintained to the highest degree
Full BMW warranty (expires Aug 2010)
Carbon shift paddles (originals available)

68,000 miles - you'd never know it
5 previous owners

£21,990

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1154925.htm

PM me or drop me a call on 0788 207 7233.

Cheers,
Jeff

Pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14667336@N08/sets/72157622530964686/

Rags
24-07-2009, 07:18 PM
oooh my old car!

It still looks immaculate!

Good luck with the sale!

Jeff
02-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Still available. PM me if you're interested.

Jeff
06-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Still available due to latest potential purchaser wanting to now sell their car before purchase and not willing to leave a deposit.

And no, I don't want a Saxo as a PX :sad:

mattCSLnut
06-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Hi there Jeff.
It's Matt here. I've been looking at your car since day one of my search and I keep coming back to it time and time again. Despite having no Xenons (which for the RIGHT car I can live without), having a few too many owners for my liking and being on the wrong side of 60K miles .
I look at it and I like it. It appears very well looked after and I'm tempted to have a close look, if I may. Just a few questions, do U have the standard exhaust system ? and the original BMW Business CD ? Has it had much WARRANTY work done in the past few years? How's the clutch ? Has it been changed yet ? I'm in Cambridge, how far are U from me ? for viewing of your CSL. ;)

Jeff
07-10-2009, 06:00 AM
Hello Matt,
Unfortunately no I don't although I believe they are easy to get hold of at a reasonable price. Put it this way, you should be quids in if you sold the SS cats and Miltek to replace with factory parts. No I wasn't supplied a radio at all with the car from the previous owner (Rags where's my radio! :) )

I can't comment on all warranty work but the most recent was the full vanos system being replaced. I'm told by the previous owner the clutch was done around 50K although I don't know how he knows this as I don't see that in the paperwork I have however despite that the clutch is working fine.

I am in London at the moment but after the weekend of the 17/10 I will be in West Sussex (7 miles south of Gatwick).

The car is honest for the price, mileage and spec especially given the two big ticket items are only just paid for - warranty and inspection II. I have stopped advertising it on Pistonheads for now as I'm not that interested to sell it for nothing - I'd prefer to keep and eat baked beans than let it go for too little.

Thanks for your interest!

Cheers,
Jeff

mattCSLnut
07-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Hey Jeff ;)
Where abouts in London R U ? Sounds as if I should come and view your car :thumbs: before U move (if that's possible) as Gatwick is further.
PM me later and let me know a convenient time for me to come down and view your CSL. I promise I wont waste your time.
All the best
Matt

mattCSLnut
07-10-2009, 08:59 AM
oooh my old car!

It still looks immaculate!

Good luck with the sale!
Hey there Rags. Tell me more about your old CSL please, the one that Jeff owns now as I'm hoping to view it soon. What was your experience with it like during your ownership and do U still have the original BMW Business CD stereo for it ?

Hazy
07-10-2009, 09:18 AM
I'd prefer to keep and eat baked beans than let it go for too little.

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha: good attitude!!!!

I'll give you £17k for it mate ;)

csl_mba
07-10-2009, 09:30 AM
F**k em Jeff stick to your guns - pikey barstewards

mattCSLnut
07-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Well, even if the sale doesn't work out I'll treat Jeff to a SIX pack of "HEINZ" Finest :hahaha: :thumbs:

Jeff
07-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Em sent matey!
Oh, and I prefer Ham Sauce with my beans, hahahaha!

mattCSLnut
07-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I'll chuck in a FREE bottle of that too :drool: if it help the day go by :hahaha:
Peeeeeee Emmd back at Ya ;)

Jeff
11-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Matt,
Thanks for making the effort to view the car today. I hope you are impressed enough and the other you want to see burns. Well ok, no I don't want it to burn, maybe sells before you get there. :hahaha:

Sorry I couldn't sort the weather for you.

mattCSLnut
11-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Hi there Jeff.
NO... THANK YOU for letting me see your IMMACULATE CSL. How can a 68K miles car with 6 previous owners look this good ??? If it had 38K on the clock I would have believed it, and I'm NOT easily please, and good at spotting faults, especially with cars. Jeff's CSL is incredibly well screwed together. Not a rattle or a squeak, just incredible :smt055 By comparison, the first CSL that I viewed, with intention of buying, was the SG one, reg. YM53 KZL @ Lyster BMW in Kings Lynn and that thing had nothing on Jeff's CSL despite having a lower mileage (46K) and lower owner count (3 previous) It was basically an over priced, Shiny TURD with patchy history and mileage discrepancy, and that's at the Main Steeler. I guess that's why they've had this car there, for almost 12 months. AVOID it if U can.

I was also concern the TRICK exhaust was going to be horribly LOUD !!! but was pleasantly surprised just how delicious but civilized it sounded. I know we had NO room to explore 7700 RPM in wet London traffic but I reckon this system must sound orgasmic, on full chat :drool: say at the RING :thumbs:

My only, and I mean ONLY concern is the 68K on the clock. I know it's not a lot of miles for a six year old BMW but because most CSL live a sheltered lives, keeping their mileage down, I'm afraid of going over 70K (which I will very quickly, as I LOVE driving) and watching the value of this car drop horribly. I wish I could say I will NEVER sell this car, then the mileage would not matter to me (as I said this car does not show it one bit) but none of us know what's around the corner and sometimes life has other ideas and we are forced to do what we don't really want to i.e. to sell our TOYS. As I said, Jeff's CSL is a GREAT Car but it hasn't been easy for him to sell it, most probably due to the mileage. I've seen two other CSLs, one with 78K and the other with 85K struggle to reach much over 20K.

Any sensible comments would be most appreciated, as I really like :smt055 this CSL.

glendog74
12-10-2009, 12:05 AM
There's not many really low mileage CSLs out there anymore - they're all 6 years old of course and personally, i wouldn't trust a mega low miles one any more than i would a high miler.

My car has just ticked over 58k and although i don't use it as a daily driver nowadays - i have done 22k in the past 18 months (mainly due to 6 Ring trips...!)

Mileage isn't a big issue to me as i plan to keep for the long term. You have to be honest with yourself and ask how much it bothers you about mileage - some people worry way too much about it. At the end of the day a 70k miles car will only be worth a few £k less than one with 40k miles. These cars should be driven and enjoyed!

You could do a lot worse than Jeff's CSL - a good, genuine car by the sounds of it and with the all important history & servicing.

Just my 2p worth...:whistle:

mattCSLnut
12-10-2009, 12:38 AM
Hey GlenDog.
THANX for you're 2 pence worth, it's appreciated :hahaha: Whichever CSL I buy will be used as a second car, weekend thing and RING TOY. So far each Ring trip I do equals to about 1500 miles (from Cambridge to the Ring, around the RING and back to Cambridge again) in 2006 I must have visited the Green Hell at least 10 times, sometime twice in a month but that was in lesser machinery then CSL, though FUN had been had :thumbs: I see myself putting on about 5K miles max, each year so maybe that will not be so bad but (in the ideal world) I would like to start with a bit less mileage in the first place. The other CSL I'm viewing has 44K miles on the clock which is a perfect number for me. I don't want a Garage Queen with 20 something thousand miles on the clock. :whistle:

mattCSLnut
13-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Well, looks like this time tomorrow there will be a Steel Grey CSL sitting in my Garage. :thumbs: The search is finally over as I've found my dream CSL :drool: Many THANX to Jeff for working out a deal that we're both happy with. :beer:

glendog74
13-10-2009, 07:54 PM
'Steel Grey'? That's not a CSL then... :whistle: :clown:

Good news mate - i'm sure you have a great car there :thumbs:

DazBlackCSL
13-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Good luck with the car dude .. shame its in the common colour ... that the masses have:whistle: lol .. all nice either way ;)

SIEN
13-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Congrats Matt, fingers crossed it all goes well.

mattCSLnut
13-10-2009, 08:22 PM
'Steel Grey'? That's not a CSL then... :whistle: :clown:

Good news mate - i'm sure you have a great car there :thumbs:

It's what I thought SG stood for? that or Silver Grey. :whistle:
It's an AWESOM car. So well put together with all the right CSL bits already done :thumbs:

mattCSLnut
13-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Congrats Matt, fingers crossed it all goes well.
THANX Paul... it's just a simple matter of pressing a few buttons at the Bank, signing the V5, grabbing the keys :drool: and pointing it due North towards Cambridge :thumbs:

mattCSLnut
13-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Good luck with the car dude .. shame its in the common colour ... that the masses have:whistle: lol .. all nice either way ;)
SORRY Daz for being so common :blalalala: but I can't help it m8. I hear they are slower too :whistle: It's my favorite colour though, not just on CSLs. My Porsche 928 was a very similar shade of Grey, known as "Stein Grau"

Jeff
15-10-2009, 11:41 AM
SOLD!

After a nail biting wait thanks to the bank not getting around to processing the CHAPS payment yesterday as they were meant to, the money is paid and I'm free of a lovely CSL, onto a true CSL enthusiast.

Matt, enjoy the car and I hope it gives you trouble free motoring.

Cheers,
Jeff

SIEN
15-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Congratulations to you both!

And Jeff, if you ever want to pop round the corner and check mine out when you move let me know ;)

mattCSLnut
15-10-2009, 05:37 PM
SOLD!

After a nail biting wait thanks to the bank not getting around to processing the CHAPS payment yesterday as they were meant to, the money is paid and I'm free of a lovely CSL, onto a true CSL enthusiast.

Matt, enjoy the car and I hope it gives you trouble free motoring.

Cheers,
Jeff

THANX very much Jeff.
SORRY my bank weren't on the ball yesterday, and caused some tense moment for U. All well that ends well though. Your, now my CSL is truly AWESOME ! :supz: All Credit to you for looking after her so well. I plan to continue spoiling her rotten :smt055
THANX again

Matt '53 SG CSL

mattCSLnut
17-10-2009, 01:47 PM
DAY 4 of CSL ownership :drool: LOVIN' IT !!! :thumbs: '53 SG CSL

Rags
07-11-2009, 07:08 PM
My old car!

Awesome its still looking great!

Jeff, you mention no evidence of the Clutch replacement, its all on BMW's systems.

Enjoy the car Matt

Jeff
07-11-2009, 07:47 PM
hiya Rags,
Yes the studious Matt went right through the car with a fine tooth comb and found the clutch change.

cheers,
Jeff

mattCSLnut
07-11-2009, 08:57 PM
hiya Rags,
Yes the studious Matt went right through the car with a fine tooth comb and found the clutch change.

cheers,
Jeff
THANX guys for looking after her so well in your hands :thumbs: I shall continue with the CSL preservation program :hahaha: Yes she has a NEW clutch and the duel mass flywheel as well.

glendog74
07-11-2009, 09:06 PM
STOP SHOUTING! :banghead:

mattCSLnut
07-11-2009, 09:07 PM
stop shouting! :banghead:
WHAT ! :blalalala: sorry :whistle:

mattCSLnut
08-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Here U go chaps. Couple of beauty shots of your old CSL to :drool: over. Enjoy :thumbs: