s.mac
17-07-2009, 08:24 PM
emailed the guy and they have gone

glendog74
17-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Weren't exactly cheap for a used set...

s.mac
18-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Rob what do you think a set are worth 2nd hand ? I'm thinking of selling my BBK ??

glendog74
18-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Rob what do you think a set are worth 2nd hand ? I'm thinking of selling my BBK ??

Your Brembos not up to track work? :smt102

Obviously it would all depend on age/condition and what life is left on pads/discs. People forget just how expensive it will be buying replacement discs & pads! :banghead:

My full AP kit cost £2650 back in Nov 08 but using my OEM CSL rear discs. The kit came with DS2500 pads, which are ok i suppose - just...!

I have now fitted Pagid RS29 pads for improved track performance at a cost of £414!

I didn't look too closely at that used AP ad, but i would think £1500 would have been a fairer price, imho. :whistle:

danr55
18-07-2009, 11:43 AM

Obviously it would all depend on age/condition and what life is left on pads/discs. People forget just how expensive it will be buying replacement discs & pads! :banghead:

My full AP kit cost £2650 back in Nov 08 but using my OEM CSL rear discs. The kit came with DS2500 pads, which are ok i suppose - just...!

I have now fitted Pagid RS29 pads for improved track performance at a cost of £414!

I didn't look too closely at that used AP ad, but i would think £1500 would have been a fairer price, imho. :whistle:

How much difference do you find between the different pads? I had the ferodos on my AP's on my old car and always foudn them fine, although I know a lot of people dont rate them

s.mac
18-07-2009, 12:22 PM

Yes Ive had no bother with them apart from the standard pad which I have now changed, but they aren't Brembo's and the front disks are M3 standard size so I was looking to increase front disk size, probably no need to do it but I fancied giving it a go and I hope I'll recoup some £'s back on the sale of my old kit.

American Series Race callipers
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/duds001/DSC00596.jpg

to

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/duds001/DSC00613.jpg
I know its sad but even the guy who got my new pads sizes sorted told me they were a straight copy of the Brembo and Alcon callipers.

Front disks are standard M3 size,
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/duds001/DSC00605.jpg

the callipers can be used with standard M3 and CSL disks, although for the CSL front disks you need the calliper mount that Rotora sell for the competition package, which I haven't got as I bought these for my old M3.

They have serviced me well and I might have wasted more money :whistle:

I will hang on to my current set up to make sure I'm happy with my new kit, before I part with the above ;)

glendog74
18-07-2009, 01:19 PM
How much difference do you find between the different pads? I had the ferodos on my AP's on my old car and always foudn them fine, although I know a lot of people dont rate them

DS2500 - For road they are spot on, warm quickly and work well in wet and dry conditions. However, on track i found them offering only marginal additional stopping power over my old OEM setup (with EBC pads and braided lines). But, they dont complain too much during hard use and combined with the AP setup resist fade well.

RS29 - Only used them on track at a wet Cadwell Park since fitting so couldn't work them as hard as i would usually in the dry, but my initial impression is very good feel with stable braking and they warm reasonably quickly too. They also bite with a fair bit more aggressiveness... :thumbs:

I have done a few hard 'test' stops on road and my eyes tried to pop out of their sockets with the braking inertia! :clown: :hahaha:

The next logical step will be to replace the AP discs with Performance Friction items when the time comes as this is generally recognised as the best AP track setup.

shimmy
18-07-2009, 01:46 PM
DS2500 on the rear are fine, probably better than RS29

on the front I so far prefer the feel of the RS14 but they don't last as long but are marginally cheaper than Rs29 and PF01

SpineOnABap
18-07-2009, 02:25 PM
on the front I so far prefer the feel of the RS14 but they don't last as long but are marginally cheaper than Rs29 and PF01

Nice to see another convert ;)

danr55
18-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Cheers for the feedback. I'm less than impressed with the standard brakes but never expected they would be good after having AP's previously. It's top of my to do list when money allows me too.

Bealo
19-07-2009, 06:39 AM
I use AP's & RS29's all round and i can't fault them but i haven't used any other pads with the AP's so might give the RS14 a go next pad change.

But the AP's all round have been the best mod i have done to the car :thumbs:

Highly recommend them.

Nords
19-07-2009, 02:26 PM
DS2500 - For road they are spot on, warm quickly and work well in wet and dry conditions. However, on track i found them offering only marginal additional stopping power over my old OEM setup (with EBC pads and braided lines). But, they dont complain too much during hard use and combined with the AP setup resist fade well.

RS29 - Only used them on track at a wet Cadwell Park since fitting so couldn't work them as hard as i would usually in the dry, but my initial impression is very good feel with stable braking and they warm reasonably quickly too. They also bite with a fair bit more aggressiveness... :thumbs:

I have done a few hard 'test' stops on road and my eyes tried to pop out of their sockets with the braking inertia! :clown: :hahaha:

The next logical step will be to replace the AP discs with Performance Friction items when the time comes as this is generally recognised as the best AP track setup.

Have to say that my APs with RS29 alround, overmatch the Goodyear F1 asimetrics on the road occasionally. I didn't think the RS29s squeal on the road, but they do!

danr55
19-07-2009, 05:38 PM
I use AP's & RS29's all round and i can't fault them but i haven't used any other pads with the AP's so might give the RS14 a go next pad change.

But the AP's all round have been the best mod i have done to the car :thumbs:

Highly recommend them.

Do you get much noise from the RS29s on road use?

Nords
19-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Yep, they squeal a lot, but I can live with it if the windows aren't down!

SpineOnABap
20-07-2009, 07:21 AM
It's the same with all the Pagids. You just need a weekly 'monstering session' to make them quiet again.

glendog74
20-07-2009, 10:36 AM
It's the same with all the Pagids. You just need a weekly 'monstering session' to make them quiet again.

I found that. Mine squealed during low speed braking - rather embarrasing in town, but stopped after a good track day work out! :thumbs:

SpineOnABap
20-07-2009, 01:07 PM
.. or just do the bedding-in procedure again if you've not got a trackday to do :thumbs: (that's what I'm doing about once a fortnight).

Bealo
21-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Do you get much noise from the RS29s on road use?

TBH i haven't had much squeal from them, like i said i can't fault them :thumbs:

shimmy
21-07-2009, 07:32 PM
TBH i haven't had much squeal from them, like i said i can't fault them :thumbs:

you only drive it to Snetterton and back and then leave it for 6 months. Hardly gonna squeal is it?:smokin:

glendog74
21-07-2009, 08:51 PM
you only drive it to Snetterton and back and then leave it for 6 months. Hardly gonna squeal is it?:smokin:

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: