PDA

View Full Version : BMW Business CD Player

anissut
07-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi All,

BMW Business CD/Radio player for sale. Just taken out of my CSL in favour of a very cool Pioneer head unit. :thumbs:

£120
PM, email (anis@suterwalla.net), call: 07801 310530)

Thanks,

Anis

Ade
07-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Hey Anis, what Pioneer unit did you go for?

anissut
07-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Ade, Pioneer DEH-P8100BT. Had it fitted yesterday. Works really well with my iphone and sound quality is so much better than the std unit even with std speakers. Basically all my music, can take phone calls and have access to my phonebook. In fairness it is overkill as I drive the CSL about 3k miles a year but when I do drive it it's mainly longer journeys when I might get a phonecall and I need some tunes to listen to.

Jeff
07-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Anis mate, have you upgraded to iPhone v3 software? Just want to know whether it works with it? also, how user friendly do you find it to use? I have recently got the Kenwood newly released unit and it's SOOOO unfriendly to use. Most of the functions are done with a toggle wheel that always moves when you try to push it in to select something so it doesn't do what you want..... I hate it.......... I will pull it out and ebay it.

Anything you can say that might make me change to this unit would be great.

Cheers,
Jeff

anissut
08-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Anis mate, have you upgraded to iPhone v3 software? Just want to know whether it works with it? also, how user friendly do you find it to use? I have recently got the Kenwood newly released unit and it's SOOOO unfriendly to use. Most of the functions are done with a toggle wheel that always moves when you try to push it in to select something so it doesn't do what you want..... I hate it.......... I will pull it out and ebay it.

Anything you can say that might make me change to this unit would be great.

Cheers,
Jeff

Hi Jeff. Yes, I have upgraded to iphone v3 software and all fine so far. I was really torn between this unit and the Alpine IDA X series. The Alpine probably has a better user interface but bluetooth was an add on which I think may have caused more hassle rather than a dedicated unit. The other choice was either the Alpine CDE104bti or the Kenwood one you have.

Have never been a fan of Kenwood and as you said it did a look complicated at the front. This is really sad but I asked my 5 year old daughter which one she preferred the look of and she said the Pioneer so I went for that one. It has the multi control round toggle thing just like the Kenwood and it is a little fussy to use but once you get used to it it's fairly easy to manoueuvre around. I have set up all my settings and all I do is plug the iphone in press a button to get to the iphone menu and then choose one of my playlists. I don't mess around with artists, songs etc. as I only listen to playlists. In terms of phone pretty simple again. 1 button to access phone book, received, dialled and then use the round toggle to scroll through. All the info comes up on the display for phone & music which you can change to suit.

Honestly, it's not the easiest user interface to use and the Alpine IDA X looks better and would probably be easier to use but no messing around with additional bluetooth modules with the Pioneer and the Alpine CDE104bti doesn't look as good as the Pioneer.

Hope that helps.

Anis