PDA

View Full Version : Urge for a CSL

gidge2010
28-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi,

I've got the itch to get a CSL and switch from my current Z4MC...

Only just started to keep my eyes open of a good one.

Does anyone know anything about the one at Shawcroft Motors for 29,995 (04)?

Not had the time to go up and see it yet but it sounds like a good price considering the mileage ... or have i not yet got my judgement correct on the pricing of CSL's?

Any info/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ross.

Jaw_F430
28-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Yes I went up there as my brother was thinking of buying it. This is the car that was sold at auction a few months ago. Bodywork is in good condition. Couldn't test drive it as the EM light came on the dash as he started it up. This maybe sorted now.

Check the running in service and first oil service;) (You will come to your own conclusion).

gidge2010
28-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Ah.... so the history is a bit 'suspect' i take it

Jaw_F430
28-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Well on my service book the running in part is stamped up in the book and the first oil service I think was around 9900 miles, on this one the running in service mileage is left blank and the first oil service box is ticked and the mileage is around 1200-1500 miles from memory. I asked did it miss the running in service and he said no its stamped up isn't it. It could be a mistake from the dealer but you would have to ring a dealer up and ask for the info on this car.

There is no warranty on the car either and only one key.

My brother asked me what I think it is worth. I said if it was me buying I wouldn't go more than ~£24,500 as you would have to put warranty on it (~£1000) find a stock CSL exhaust (£???) fit that and then possibly have it detailed (~£500). I am not sure how much it is to get a new key

E46ACS
28-06-2009, 05:28 PM
i think you'll find this is the car you're after............. ;)

http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2159