PDA

View Full Version : Buying a CSL

jim76
21-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi folk, was looking for some advice on buying a CSL. I have been looking at a car with 57k miles, still under warranty for 11 months. Is there anything that I should pay particular attention to other than the usual stuff? What about the launch control? Did the use of that actually have an effect on the warranty, heard a story to that effect a while ago. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mark CSL
21-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi folk, was looking for some advice on buying a CSL. I have been looking at a car with 57k miles, still under warranty for 11 months. Is there anything that I should pay particular attention to other than the usual stuff? What about the launch control? Did the use of that actually have an effect on the warranty, heard a story to that effect a while ago. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi only bmw can tell if launch control has been used and the warranty
will be ok. but wont cover sliping clutch if you want any help just ask

:thumbs:

jim76
21-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi Mark, you know me, I had the Carbon Black convertible the last track night I met you, before that Phoenix Coupe, Dakar Yellow E36 etc etc, been looking to buy a CSL, see if I can go any faster!!!! Just wondering if there were any real issues to be had, and if anyone knows them it would be you!! Is the warranty easy to deal with or do you need to get into an arguement with BMW?

Mark CSL
21-11-2007, 01:04 PM
i dont have a problem with bmw all my friends work there
and can sort out most problems ok :thumbs:
if you need any help i can get you sorted :thumbs: